Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Toronto and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ask 10'll get an answer right down the middle so I'll ask on here. I know with Peri and menopause sugar isn't it's not good in general for anyone and you always hear watch your caffeine (because of hormones) So, which is chocolate or milk.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
Hi My Daughter age 13 years old is suffering from deaf and dump both by birth. Is she cure by homeopathy or naturopathy treatment. Please guide me how to treat the disease with full detail.
My right ear is damaged 20℅ what can I do I hear song on head phone in high volume in sound testing report graph is just down pls give suggestion?
Avoid drying of skin..
Use lot of moisturisers...
Avoid Physical & mental stress...
Avoid pain killers...
All this will decrease psoriasis flare up.
My 10 months old baby has been detected with hearing loss. She was born premature almost 1. 5months. The audiologist whom we consulted has advised us to start with an hearing aid in her right ear as it has got profound hearing loss. And said there is no need in the left ear as it has got moderate to low hearing loss. Audiologist have also said that it seems her auditory nerves are not yet developed it may take time and improve on its own. He has advised us to use siemens digital hearing aid with 16 channels. What do you advice. Will 16 channels be suitable for her?
The ringing sounds are hearing in my ears since 3 years and I consulted a doctor he suggests me that because odds your nose bone bending it is happening please give me suggestion.
I am a 57 year old man and I continuously get sounds in my 2 ears which has resulted into hear loss. Please suggest what best could be done to avoid this further ?
If someone amongst you has hearing loss do consult because that has a great impact on memory in future.
Hello I'm a male 25 yrs old, and I am suffering from cold very badly, I had running nose and dry cough and my ears are blocked from 12 days due to sinus, even thought I went to ENT specialist and took medicines my cold and cough has been reduced but my ears still blocked and I unable to hear properly. Doctor prescribed medicines for me 1. ZOCEF-CV 500 2. PAN-D 3. OMNACORTIL-20 4. SINAREST. Please suggest me whether it is a right combination, i'm very much worried still as I cannot hear properly even after 15days.
I'm working out for 2 years and now I'm looking forward to take protein supplements I.E. Whey protein powder, please suggest what kind of protein powder or which brand e.g. Muscleblaze, optimum nutrition, muscletech etc should I take and also how should I consume them I.E. How much to take, when to take, before or after workout, for how long should I continue the supplement like how many months should I take, how much quantity should I take, which variant of whey protein powder of the above mentioned supplements should I take, I'll be greatly obliged to hear the detailed information from you, thank you.