Doctors in Sai Siva Children Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Sai Siva Children HospitalYour feedback matters!
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression.
These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.
With the increasing prevalence of diabetes, it is being considered as the next big epidemic – completely related to lifestyle. India has become the diabetes capital of the world with increasing prevalence. The age of onset of diabetes is reducing, with children having diabetes and requiring insulin. The complications arising out of diabetes are also more – there is no bodily system which is not affected by diabetes. For someone who is diabetic, keeping blood sugars under check is the constant challenge. Uncontrolled blood sugars can lead to transient complications including loss of consciousness and fatigue and long-term complications including neuropathy and retinopathy.
What is CGMS:
Continuous glucose monitoring system is an FDA approved device. This device has a sensor that is placed either in the belly area or on the arm. These sensors identify the sugar levels in the body fluid and send it to a wireless which is worn by the monitor patient as a belt. Readings can be obtained at regular intervals, ranging from every 5 to 15 minutes.
CGMS measures blood sugar levels every 15 mins, that is 96 times a day The data can be downloaded into a persona device – smartphone, tablet, or laptop and used for further analysis. It does not replace the need for routine monitoring, but helps improve vigilance with a constant monitoring. It can help detect trends and patterns and helps the doctor identify periods of the day when the sugars are too high or too low. The amount of insulin or antidiabetic medication required can be adjusted based on sugar levels. The exercise regimen can be defined including the type, time, and duration of workout. Meal planning can be customized to suit body needs in a better manner. Night-time sugar lows which often go undetected can be monitored with the alarm Highs or low between meals (especially with snacking) can be tracked Determine treatment efficacy. The biggest advantage of CGM devices is that they provide information on what is happening to your blood glucose level every few minutes.
CGMS measures blood sugar levels every 15 mins, that is 96 times a day. The newest devices display glucose readings on a screen so you can see – in real time - whether glucose levels are rising or falling. Some systems also contain an alarm to let you know when your glucose reaches high or low levels. Some devices are able to display graphs revealing glucose levels collected over a certain number of hours on its display screen. The data collected on all devices can be uploaded to a computer for graphing and further important trend analysis.
Whom is it for?
If you think this is a great way to constantly watch your sugars, it is not required. The following people would benefit from this. People with insulin pump usage Those who have frequent fluctuations in sugar level, which is not clearly explained Those who are not aware of low sugars, and may have problems with fatigue or loss of consciousness Gestational diabetes.
Continuous glucose monitoring systems (CGMS) may not make life with diabetes any easier. But they can definitely improve health, if you can deal with the hassle and expense. So how do you know if such a system is right for you? You can easily and discreetly view your current glucose values continuously throughout the day, without having to do a finger stick. It’s easy and discreet. The monitors have “trend arrows” that show you if your level is rising or falling quickly, so you can prevent highs and lows.
Continuous glucose monitoring can help “identify fluctuations and trends that would otherwise go unnoticed with standard HbA1c tests and intermittent fingerstick measurements. The device can capture dangerously low overnight blood sugar levels which often go undetected, reveal high blood sugar levels between meals, show early morning spikes in blood sugar, evaluate how diet and exercise affect blood sugars, and provide up to a 72-hour complete review of the effects of changes made to your therapy by your health-care team.
If you are a dedicated investigator, you can use CGMS to understand what’s happening with your blood sugar levels.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy.
Swimmer’s ear is a condition, which is characterized by an infection in the outer ear. This infection usually stems from the water that remains in the ear after swimming, forming a moist environment that allows bacteria to grow and procreate. This condition can also develop if you happen to insert your finger or other foreign objects into the ears.
The symptoms of this disorder are usually mild in the beginning, but may worsen if left untreated. In its germinating stage, this condition exhibits symptoms such as itching in the ears and a watery discharge. If the disorder has progressed to an advanced stage, then the symptoms become slightly different. An intense pain on the particular side of the face, swelling in the ear and blockage of the ear canal are some of the common symptoms. In extreme cases, swelling of the lymph nodes and moderate to high fever can be indicative of this condition.
The causes of swimmer’s ear are bacteria that are found in soil and water. Your ears have a natural defense system against infections; glands in the ear secrete an acidic substance called ‘cerumen’ that kills the bacteria. The ear canal has a downward slope from the middle ear to the outer ear, thus allowing the water to drain out. Swimmer’s ear occurs when these defenses fail to work. This happens when there is excessive moisture in the ear canal, creating an environment for the bacteria to grow. In addition, certain factors such as swimming in dirty water, a narrow ear canal and excessive cleaning of the ear canal can lead to this condition.
The aim of the treatment is to prevent the infection from progressing and allow the ear to heal. The first step is to clean the ear canal so that the eardrops can reach the affected area. Once the ear is cleaned, eardrops are administered to get rid of the bacteria. The various medications that are used in the treatment of swimmer’s ear are:
1. Antibiotics: They are used to combat the bacteria that cause the infection.
2. Acidic solutions: It is used to restore the normal environment in the ear.
3. Steroids: These help in reducing the inflammation.
You may also be prescribed pain medications to treat the pain resulting from this condition. Try to avoid swimming till the condition heals completely. Make sure you aren’t inserting any foreign object in the ears as that may aggravate the situation further.
Dislocation refers to an injury, which causes the bones to abnormally separate from each other in the joint, which is the meeting place of the bones. Dislocation causes intense pain and is most common in the fingers, shoulders and the elbows. Although a timely diagnosis can make your pain go away, any future injury in the tendons or the ligaments might bring back the injury.
What can cause a dislocation?
The causes of dislocation are as follows:
- A body joint can get dislocated if you have suffered a fall.
- If you are into any form of sports that requires strenuous physical activity and intense exertion on certain body parts like gymnastics, football or volleyball you have a chance of suffering from dislocated body joints.
- Automobile accidents can also cause dislocation of joints.
- Some People who are with a loose ligament and are more likely to get a dislocated joint than other people. This may happen without the influence of a major physical trauma or stress.
Understanding the signs and symptoms
In the majority of the cases, a dislocation of the joint is easily detectable as it induces inflammation along with redness and deformation of the affected area. Some of the other symptoms that might occur as a result of the dislocation of the body joints could be:
- You might experience severe pain while moving the dislocated joint.
- There will be a lack of sensation near the dislocated portion.
- There might be a stinging sensation in the dislocated area.
- In certain areas you may not be able to move the joint at all
If you have a dislocated joint, the doctors can easily relocate them. Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you are experiencing, the doctor might administer local anesthesia during the process. If the joint dislocation is too severe or has multiple instances of dislocation, then you may have to undergo surgery. Surgery may also be suggested if the adjoined ligaments or tendons are severely affected along with the joints.
A human body has a total of 206 bones, and yet it makes life a living hell, if even one of them is harmed. A person living with Osteoporosis feels the same way, except that they are a lot more prone to having their bones broken than a person who doesn’t. There are a variety of ways to go about treating the issue and one of them involves making use of parathyroid hormones. This is a pathbreaking cure for Osteoporosis and is being adopted by many patients worldwide.
If a person takes a look at the drugs which are made use of in the treatment of osteoporosis, he or she will release that their main function is not to repair what is damaged, but rather to slow the rate of further damage like Bisphosphonate.
However, if parathyroid hormones are looked at, it will be seen that they are usually recommended for those people who may even already had had fractures on account of osteoporosis. These people are generally said to have low bone density, which can be quite dangerous. The reason for this being the case is the fact that when parathyroid hormones are used, they have the potential and the ability to increase the rate of growth of the bones; in terms of the mineral density of the bones as well as the strength of the same.
Teriparatide comes in a pen-like device so that it can be introduced into the body by the way of an injection to either the thigh or the wall of the abdomen. It is important to keep in mind that the medicine should be handled with care which goes to mean that it is to be refrigerated at all times.
It is also to be kept in mind that the medicine can have certain side effects. In most cases in which side effects occur, the medicine leads to some dizziness or some leg cramps.
Taking into due account the fact that the drug is a new one, many doctors would not recommend it to people who have problems with their bones other than those which are caused by osteoporosis. Examples of such conditions would be hypercalcemia, which is a condition in which there is too much calcium in the blood or bone cancer. In addition to this, the medicine is not to be used by a person for a duration which is longer than two years.
All in all, it can be said that if a person makes use of parathyroid hormones to treat a problem that can be as bad as osteoporosis, the effects can be quite startling, and that too, in a positive way!
Cervical osteoarthritis is also known as cervical spondylosis. It is a medical condition which involves changes in the joints of neck, bones and discs. This is generally caused due to the deterioration of the muscles owing to old age. With age, the cervical spine breaks down and loses all its fluids. This leads to stiffness in the spine. It occurs usually in middle aged and old aged people. This causes stiffness and severe neck pain. Corrective surgery is helpful to cure Cervical Osteoarthritis.
Symptoms of Cervical Osteoarthritis:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Headache which usually emerges from the neck.
- Severe pain in the arms and shoulder.
- Not being able to turn the head or neck fully while driving.
- Muscle spasm and abnormal reflexes.
- Grinding sensation or noise caused while bending the neck.
Cervical Osteoarthritis can be cured by physiotherapy in the following ways:
- Heat modalities- In this method the pain and stiffness is reduced by putting heat on the affected area. This type of therapy is called heat therapy.
- Neck exercise- Regular stretching and bending exercises for the neck can reduce pain and stiffness
- Manipulating therapy- This form of therapy is used by massage therapists. They massage and manipulate the joints so that the muscles can function smoothly.
- Hydrotherapy- This therapy involves exercising in a pool. Hydrotherapy is extremely beneficial for people having severe joint pain and stiffness.
- Cervical traction- This is a common non-surgical treatment which cures pain in the neck by opening the cervical foramen (hole or passage).
Physiotherapy is the most natural and safe way of curing cervical osteoarthritis. If you are diagnosed with cervical spondylosis, you should start physiotherapy as soon as possible.
Hair Loss Male Pattern Balding or Androgenic Alopecia is a rising concern. Upto 40% of men lose 40% of their hair even before they reach 35 years of age. That’s staggering! But, fortunately, we now have the technology to counter it. Let us first understand the main types of hair loss.
Hair loss is widely categorized into two types - Scarring and Non-Scarring
Non-scarring hair loss is reversible and scarring hair loss isn’t. Each category has multiple causes that manifest in many different ways. And it’s very important to identify exactly what the underlying issue may be. A professional diagnosis is required by certified Dermato-Trichologists. Absolutely no treatment should be administered without a thorough understanding of an individual’s medical and genetic history.
Depending on severity, there are three unique processes to treat hair loss. Early stages of Hair loss can be easily managed with a strong foundation of medical therapy. Appropriate oral & topical medicines are administered to reduce hair falland encourage hair thickening. This is the base of our process and depending on results, can be combined with other treatments.
The next logical treatment to enhance regrowth is PRP or Plasma Rich Platelet Treatment. This is a highly successful, and not to mention, natural way to boost hair growth. Combined with medical therapy, PRP yeilds exceptional results. Finally, there is an option of hair transplants which ensures hair regrowth when there is more than 40-50% root loss or receding hairline.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
PRP is a novel non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions. PRP is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the good cells from your own blood and injects them directly back into the area where it is needed. PRP involves using your own cells that are not modified or changed, and it will not be rejected by your immune system.
How does PRP work?
PRP contains special cells called Platelets, which release plenty of rich growth factors that can cause growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle and promote active growth phase.
How is PRP performed?
Blood is drawn as though you are having routine blood testing with utmost care. The blood is spun in a centrifuge machine and the PRP is separated and removed from the rest of the blood. We prepare high quality PRP by spinning down the blood cells to a high concentration with our unique well researched protocol. The PRP is then injected with very fine needled syringes into the balding areas with very minimal discomfort. The Procedure is a lunch time session, you can walk out of the session without any downtime. The sessions are performed every 1-3 months, 6-8 sessions based on requirement according to the individual case and maintenance sessions are planned accordingly. Results are noticeable in 2-6 months from starting the treatment.
What is the cost involved?
PRP varies from clinic-to-clinic, patient-to-patient. The price is also largely dependent on the number of sitting required to strengthen the follicles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
In an age where contemporary and conventional medicine seems to cure an ailment only to cause significant side effects, it is only to be expected that people wish to take a look at alternative medicine. One of the primary forms of alternative medicine happens to be homeopathy. That being said, people do have concerns as to whether homeopathy has any side effects, as well.
The truth of the matter is that homeopathic medicine does have side effects. It is only to be expected to see side effects when any medicine, at all, is consumed in an amount which is greater than what it is to be consumed in. The good part when it comes to homeopathic medicine is the fact that the side effects are not close to as bad as those of allopathic and other medicines.
The only signs of an overdose and its accompanying side effects in terms of homeopathy is likely to be that the person will show effects of a high amount of energy. All this means is that the medicine has had its intended impact and has gone beyond that. Once the homeopathic medicine stops, all the symptoms are very likely to disappear without a permanent trace. Is this not better than conventional medicines whose side effects can lead to more medication being required in order to sort out the adverse side effects?
In a few of the many cases of treating patients by the way of homeopathic medicine, it is found that when the course of medicine is begun, the situation does get a bit worse prior to it getting better. This is known professionally by the term ‘homeopathic aggravation’ and is nothing to worry about, by any measure.
Most forms of homeopathic medicine feature a very high level of dilution of the actual medicine, so the risks are minimal. That being said, there are a few medicines which can have side effects if they are consumed in larger than prescribed doses. Arnica, which is a popular medicine, is one. It can cause some stomach irritation. However, as long as it is consumed in the right quantity, there is no need to worry about this. Isn’t that quite a relief?
The high degree of customization when it comes to homeopathic treatment is also good as what this does is that it reducing the risk of side effects. This is because, after all, a side effect is generally caused by the lack of suitability of an element in the medicine to the person who is under treatment. Because homeopathic treatment is customised, the scope of this is limited, which is quite a good thing!
A heart attack does not always have obvious symptoms, such as pain in your chest, shortness of breath and cold sweats. In fact, a heart attack can actually happen without a person knowing it. This condition is known as a ‘silent heart attack’, medically known as ‘silent ischemia’, occurring due to the shortage of oxygen supply to the heart muscle. The causes of a silent heart attack are similar to that of a heart attack.
- Conditions like:
- Lack of exercise
- Age, usually above 65
- Consumption of tobacco or smoking
- High consumption of alcohol
A silent cardiac arrest makes one more vulnerable to another heart attack that could be fatal. Diagnosis: The only method to diagnose if you had a silent heart attack is through imaging tests, such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, Holter Monitoring or others. These tests can show certain changes which might be indicative of a heart attack. An analysis of one’s overall health and the symptoms can aid in deciding whether few more tests are required.
How would you prevent a silent heart attack?
1. Get your cholesterol and blood pressure count tested regularly.
2. Refrain from smoking.
3. Get your VO2 max checked regularly.
4. Live a healthy lifestyle: Refrain from smoking and excessive alcohol consumption; exercise daily, eat healthy.
5. Control high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
6. Be aware of your body and call on a doctor if you feel there’s anything which is bothering you.