Doctors in Haritha Hospitals
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Haritha HospitalsYour feedback matters!
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends. However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chance of conception and pregnancy.
IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to find answers to some of these questions.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF, moving it up to about 80%. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
Are you experiencing an orgasm unusually sooner while having intercourse? This may be an indication of premature ejaculation, which is also featured by minimal penile stimulation. Premature ejaculation is a condition where you reach sexual climax quickly, causing premature or early ejaculation. Ejaculation within one minute of having sex is referred to as premature ejaculation. Ayurvedic cure for premature ejaculation is considered to be effective and there are remedies for all symptoms and causes.
Here is a list of the most important Ayurvedic remedies for the treatment of premature ejaculation:
- Herbs: Mix the herbs Ashwaganda, Bala and Vidari together in equal parts, add a spoonful of it in hot milk and drink it. Some other essential Ayurvedic herbs, which help in treating premature ejaculation include Speman tablets, Asparagus, Jatiphala, Garlic and Drumsticks.
- Dietary changes: Several dietary changes are required for treating premature ejaculation, following Ayurvedic principles. Consume food items such as cereals, fish, bananas, nuts, lettuce, shellfish, and vegetables like fennel, onions and celery. Honey is essential and should be taken regularly. There are several food items you should avoid taking which include coffee, tea, alcohol, processed food, food containing excessive white sugar and white flour, and denatured foods.
- Lifestyle modifications: Ayurvedic principles firmly state that you need to quit smoking completely for the prevention of premature ejaculation. You also need to keep away from sexual activities and should avoid too much masturbation.
- Saffron and milk: Milk is considered to be very essential in Ayurveda and having milk with saffron and almond is effective for treating premature ejaculation. Almonds should be soaked overnight and blended with hot milk. You can also add cardamom and ginger to the drink.
- Ayurvedic massage: You can undertake a special leaf bundle Ayurvedic massage for treating premature ejaculation. This technique is called Elakizhi.
- Yoga: Regular yoga is essential for curing premature ejaculation. There are several yoga positions such as the shoulder stand or arvanga asana, the fish or matsya asana, and the plough or hala hasana, which are beneficial for premature ejaculation management.
- Green onion seeds: Add water to green onion seeds and drink the mixture.
Premature ejaculation leaves you feeling frustrated and affects you emotionally because of your disrupted sexual life. This condition is also capable of affecting your relationship with your partner because of unsatisfactory sexual activity. Premature ejaculation lowers a man’s self-esteem and drains him of confidence.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sexual intimacy is a normal human need. But for some, sexual behaviour becomes compulsive and gets out of control, even when people might not express it openly. Sexual addiction means the affected person repeatedly participates in a sexual activity, which causes detrimental effects on his/her relationships, job, self-esteem and overall life. It is used as an escape from unpleasant and unwanted feelings.
Like any other addiction, sexual addiction is difficult to talk about until the person accepts that there is a problem and becomes aware of how his/her behaviour is affecting their life along with the lives of people around them.
Here are some ways to help cope up with the addiction for yourself or someone you know.
- Accept the problem: Being aware of your condition and accepting it is the first step to recovery. Admit that you have a problem, make your mind to control it and seek for timely help.
- Know the triggers: Awareness is the most crucial element in treating any condition. Identify the cause of your addiction. There are triggers which precede sexual behaviour, leading to your addiction. Identify these triggers and try getting rid of them. They could be certain emotions, people or situations which make you feel the urge to perform sexual activity.
- Seek help: It is very difficult to address any problem alone. When you think you have a problem, seek help immediately. Confide in loved ones, family or friends about your condition. Join support groups that help people with sexual addiction. Seek professional help when you feel things are going out of control. Visit a therapist who can explain the condition to you and help you find ways to deal with it.
- Stop feeling embarrassed: Addictions come with a lot of shame and embarrassment when you realize your problem. Focus on the positive aspect that you have finally realized and figured out your problem. Forget about the past and concentrate on what you can do to help yourself. Nobody is judging you or going to make you feel bad. Your family and friends are there to support you and help you get out of the situation. Stay away from people who tend to behave otherwise and enforce their negative emotions and thoughts on you. Trusting the person who is going to help you is the key. Remind yourself that you are seeking help to get healthier and happier.
- Channelize your energy: When you stop doing addictive sexual activities, the excess energy in your body needs to be released. Channelize that energy on healthy productive forms of recreation like exercise, running, swimming, yoga etc. Search for an activity which stimulates your mind, body and soul making you feel happy and content to the end. In short, stay occupied always.
Although sexual addiction makes life difficult for an individual, following these tips will definitely help you deal with the situation more effectively.
We are living with a ticking time bomb as several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
- Age: 12 months
- It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
- Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
- Age: 15-18 months
- If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
- You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
- If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
- Age: 2-4 years
- You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
- Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
- If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
- A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
- Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
- The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
- There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development.
The age old Ayurveda has answers to most problems regarding physical as well as mental health. Ayurveda states the presence of certain bodily energies throughout the body and mind which help in governing all the physical and mental processes. These energies are called doshas and Ayurveda classifies these doshas into three different parts, the Vata dosha, composed of space and air; the pitta dosha, composed of fire and water; the kapha dosha, composed of Earth and water.
The pitta dosha
As already discussed, the pitta is derived from the elements of fire and water and this is that energy which is in charge of all the heat, transformations and metabolism in human bodies. The pitta governs the digestion of food, metabolism of sensory perceptions, discrimination between right and wrong. So basically, pitta controls the fire in the body and is liquid in nature. The pitta carries out its functions through carrier substances like bile, enzymes, hormones and organic acid.
Qualities of pitta dosha
The various qualities exuded by pitta dosha include oily, hot, moving, sharp, liquid, acidic, and light and a pitta person will reflect these qualities in both the balanced as well as imbalanced states.
Location and task of pitta dosha
Pitta is mainly located in the small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, eyes, blood, and sweat. Pitta basically provides the body heat by breaking down the food molecules into absorbable units. Mentally, the pitta controls the inner joy, will power, courage, anger, mental perception, jealousy.
It can be comfortably said that the reason behind an individual’s anger, rage and jealousy is because of an unbalanced increase in pitta. Also pitta individuals tend to have oily skin. However, a balanced pitta individual usually has a very sharp intellect, a happy disposition towards life, enormous courage and drive to achieve. Imbalanced pitta can also cause inflammations, rashes, ulcers, fever, heat burns, and infections. So, it is very important to have a balanced pitta.
Here are some ways to balance pitta dosha
- Eating is peace
- Eating a balanced pitta diet
- Engaging in activities to calm the body and mind
- Meditating on a daily basis
- Spending time in nature
- Performing yoga and other calming exercises
Eating while angry, eating pitta increasing food, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking cigarettes; working more than necessary, and unnecessary competition are certain reasons for imbalance in the pitta dosha. Hence, controlling the inner fire and taming it, is mostly in the hands of the individuals themselves.
With today’s lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you’re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say ‘NO’ to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks.
Parents need to do everything possible to ensure their kids are in good health and shielded from preventable diseases. Vaccination is an ideal approach for the same. Vaccination shields children from serious sickness and the complications of diseases that can be prevented by vaccination. This can include removal of an arm or leg, loss of motion of limbs, hearing loss, paralysis, brain damage and even death. Vaccination is very safe and is always successful. All the vaccines go through a long and cautious survey by researchers, specialists, and the government to ensure they are safe to use.
Here are a few reasons as to why vaccination is very important:
- It will keep you healthy: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prescribes vaccination for the duration of your life to protect you against numerous infections and diseases. When you skip vaccination, you expose yourself and make yourself helpless against sicknesses, for example, chicken pox, pneumonia, flu and HPV and hepatitis B, both being the leading causes of cancer.
- Preventing the ones around you from getting ill: A vaccine preventable disease that may make you sick for a week or two could prove to be deadly for your children, grandchildren, or parents in case it spreads to them. When you get vaccinated, you are preventing this. For instance, grown-ups are the most widely recognised sources of pertussis (whooping cough) disease in newborn children, which can be fatal for babies.
- Some diseases have expensive treatments: A normal flu sickness can last up to fifteen days, regularly with five or six missed workdays. Grown-ups and adults who get hepatitis can lose at least one month of work and can get chronically ill in some cases. This can hinder your work which in turn can burn a hole in your pocket. Some of these vaccine-preventable diseases are very expensive to treat.
- Young and healthy people get ill too: Newborn children and the elderly are at a more serious danger for dangerous infections and diseases, however, vaccine-preventable diseases can strike anybody. In case you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated can help you remain as such.
- Vaccines are important to overall health besides a good diet: Like eating solid foods, working out, and getting regular check-ups, vaccination assumes a crucial part in keeping you sound and healthy. Antibodies are a standout amongst the most advantageous and most secure preventive measures available.
- They protect the future generations: Vaccines have decreased and, now and again, eliminated a number of diseases that were responsible for seriously handicapping a large number of people until a couple of years back. For instance, smallpox or chicken pox vaccines have been responsible for decreasing the infection around the world. This is the reason why your children do not require the smallpox shots anymore because the infection does not exist on the ground and has been completely eliminated.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
ADHD is often diagnosed as a complex neurological disorder which is medically described as a developmental impairment of the self-management functions that are linked to brain operations. It impacts the important functions that are required to assess, plan and carry on with a normal life.
Causes of ADHD
ADHD is generally caused by bad parenting, too much sugar consumption and even playing too many video games. ADHD is a brain-based disorder and brain images have shown that people suffering from ADHD to possess psychological differences in their brains.
There are studies which revealed that a child is four times likely to be diagnosed with ADHD if his/her relative suffers from the same brain disorder, thus, clearly pointing to the genetic factor of carrying ADHD. Exposure to dangerous chemicals such as toxins in food, carpeting and flooring, cleaning products, lawn products and several personal care products can also induce ADHD in a child. When these toxins disrupt the development of the brain, a disorder such as ADHD occurs.
Symptoms of ADHD
There are a number of symptoms of ADHD. There are mainly two categories of symptoms of ADHD. They are:
ADHD - Primarily Inattentive Type of Symptoms
- The person affected often fails to pay close attention to details and are prone to silly mistakes in schoolwork and other tasks.
- They often lack the attention or are unable to retain attention on the task at hand.
- It seems that the affected person is not listening when spoken to directly.
- They do not follow the instructions given to them and fail to complete their tasks and activities.
- They face difficulty in organizing things.
- They avoid engaging in tasks that require constant mental effort.
- They are prone to losing things essential for tasks and activities.
- They are easily distracted by unnecessary and trivial stimuli in their surroundings.
- They are forgetful of their daily activities.
ADHD: Primarily Hyperactive-Impulsive Type of Symptoms
- The affected individual is fidgety and constantly taps their hands, feet or squirms when seated.
- Leaves their seat and stands up on occasions where they are required to be seated.
- They run or climb in certain situations where it is inappropriate and unnecessary.
- They are unable to engage in or play in leisure and quietly.
- They are hyperactive as if they are driven by some kind of motor.
- They talk excessively and unnecessarily on all occasions.
- They will blurt out answers even before the question is finished.
- They are unable to be patient and wait for their own turn to arrive.
- They have a tendency to interrupt and intrude others and take over their privacy.
It is advised to consult a doctor if one or many of these symptoms are noticed in an individual.