Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ankita Gupta
Submit a review for Dt. Ankita GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am having weight gain problem. I joint gym from last 4 or 5 month but have not loose weight. Don't know what to do? my age is 27 year height 5" 4 and weight 62 kg.
I am interested in impromemt in my body so what can I do for improment in body please suggest easy method and also what can I do to increase my weight?
Intrauterine insemination or IUI is a form of artificial insemination that involves the sperm being placed inside the uterus of a woman for bringing about fertilization. The aim of this procedure is to enhance the number of sperms that successfully reach the fallopian tubes and fertilize an egg, thereby increasing your chances of getting pregnant. Depending on the cause of your infertility, the procedure can be synchronized with fertility drugs or your ovulation cycle.
When should you go for IUI?
While reduced sperm mobility or a low sperm count may be the reason this procedure is opted for, there are certain conditions that may cause you and your partner to opt for IUI:
- If the cause of your infertility doesn't have any medical explanation
- Problems with ejaculation affecting the release of semen
- Problems associated with cervical mucus can hinder the journey of the sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the cervix due to past surgical procedures, rendering the sperm unable to enter the uterus
At the same time, the procedure is not recommended for women who suffer from:
- A disease of the fallopian tubes
- Past episodes of pelvic infections
- Mild to severe endometriosis (a condition wherein the womb's lining grows outside it)
What happens after IUI?
The procedure takes up only a few minutes of your time and causes very little discomfort. Following the procedure, you'll be told to lie on your back for a short period of time, after which you can get back to your normal routine the same day. You can expect instances of light spotting, which will go away after two days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
From last year my weight gone up 65 to 75 I am suffering from pcod and taking yamini please help me this pills cure my problem.
How to loose weight quickly and in effective way? Please help me . And list the ways what to do and not to do . Please doc's.
Hi, When I workout I was using body gainer san gainer now I stop workout. I am looking very week. Can you suggest me what should I do to increase muscles .
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure can trigger as well as worsen complications related to diabetes. Most people suffering from diabetes tend to develop hypertension later in their lives. Diabetes tends to increase one’s blood pressure, making him/her even more vulnerable to other heart diseases and cardio-vascular disorders. Diabetes often leads to a condition known as atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. A combination of diabetes and hypertension drastically increases the risk of suffering from a heart disease. The risks of kidney diseases and retinopathy (damage to the tiny blood vessels present in the retina) also go up, resulting in blindness. With age, chronic hypertension can also result in numerous cognitive disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease (degenerative mental disorder).
How to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension?
1. Walking for about 40 minutes each day or engaging in any type of aerobic exercise can better one’s heart health. Chalk out an exercise plan upon consulting the doctor
2. Limit drinking and abstain from smoking
3. Go for regular kidney check-ups
4. Eat food rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, breads or whole grain cereals
5. Examine blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels regularly at home
6. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to cut down on stress level; as stress is one of the major contributors to diabetes and the subsequent hypertension
7. Shed off your extra pounds as blood pressure escalates with weight
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.