Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Amritha MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I am a 25yr old male and my height is 5'3 and weight is 45. So please suggest how to gain some weight to enhance my personality and if possible to become little bit taller.
I want to loose my weight. I am gym person doing lost of workout daily. Can we suggest me some protein diet which I follow to loose my fat and make more muscles.
My age is 18 years and my weight is 50 kg how can I improve my weight and I don't eat curd. Please advise.
How to increase my weight, my health going down and down every day? is enduramass gainer useful in this condition?
Hello. I'm a 22 year female of height 5.5" and weight 58 kgs. Would taking vitamin and mineral supplements help in controlling hairfall and growth of hair? My hairfall is not so severe but yeah I lose about 100 strands a day. I've tried all external masks and cures. Nothing worked. If supplements help would you mention the dosage and proper diet.
Sir I am 27 years old and my weight is 72 kg, and height 152cm. How shall I reduce my weight and what is the correct weight according to my age and height. Please recommend effective steps to loose my weight quickly.
Hi, I was using oviduct nc dc alone from 3rd day onwards. Today 13th day I went fr follicular study. Dominant follicle on l.o of 14 mm in length, endometrium 4.5 mm. So can I use estradiol valerate nw to increase thickness of endometrium. please suggest.
Hi am 37 my weight is 70 and my height is 5.1ft I had a secondary infertility and did 7 iui's after that I hav put on a lot of weight and even gaining more weight. Please suggest how can I reduce my weight. Even medication is ok but pls help I have done all blood test but all normal even thyroid is normal. Please help.
I m 22 years old boy. I always feel that I have less stamina in my body than other. Because when I do gym work or running that time I do less than my friends. So please prescribe me a good protein powder. Not weight gaining protein powder only stamina I need. My weight is 73 kg now. please prescribe me that protein powder which is easily available .
As mine chemotherapy is going on. What to eat daily to increase haemoglobin? N how to maintain Weight? As after chemo weight n haemoglobin starts declining fastly which leads to weakness and very critical position. Reply soon.
My stomach is becoming tummy day by day. Is it because of my drinks coz I drink at least 3 to 4 times a week. What can I do to keep my stomach in proper shape?
For a healthy body, proper digestion and absorption of food is very important. The digestion is an extremely intricate process and involves many organs. Impairment in any of the organs can hamper the digestive process, leading to a very common condition called dyspepsia. It is caused by malfunction of one of the muscular organs along the digestive tract including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines and colon.
Causes: While dyspepsia is more a symptom, there are various reasons that lead to it including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, infections, motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancers of the digestive tract or any other abnormality in the digestive tract.
Evaluation: When a patient has chronic dyspepsia or indigestion, the first thing to do is a thorough evaluation to find out the underlying cause. As noted above, there are functional and nonfunctional causes leading to dyspepsia. While gastric ulcers or polyps are visible during an endoscopy, conditions like gastritis and malignancy can only be diagnosed under microscopic examinations.
Some of the tests that are used for evaluation of the cause of dyspepsia include:
1. X-ray: Any growth would be visible on an x-ray and further testing can then be done to confirm the exact nature of it.
2. Endoscopy: This will allow the doctor to see the actual digestive tract and identify any structural abnormalities or growth.
3. Colonoscopy: If the problem is suspected to be in the lower gastrointestinal tract, then a colonoscopy may be in indicated.
4. Gastric emptying study: This study can also reveal the abnormalities in the digestive tract
5. Culture: Dyspepsia caused by Helicobacter pylori can be diagnosed through cultures of the stomach contents.
Treatment: The treatment of dyspepsia is quite complicated and cannot be clearly outlined given the various conditions that it is associated with. Even specific foods can induce indigestion in some people. Therefore, a multipronged approach is required to treat dyspepsia.
Education: The affected person should be educated about the non-life-threatening nature of the problem and its chronicity. Some of the drugs used in treatment include:
1. Proton pump inhibitors: These reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby help in relieving symptoms.
2. Promotility drugs: They improve the movement of the muscles in the intestinal tract and are so used in managing dyspepsia.
3. Antibiotics: If an infection is suspected, antibiotics are effective.
4. Smooth muscle relaxants: Drugs like hyoscyamine and methscopolamine have been shown to provide relief in some patients.
5. Psychotropic drugs: Anxiety and depression are frequently seen in people with dyspepsia, and managing these can help reduce the dyspepsia.
As noted, the causes, symptoms, and management are very specific to individuals and needs to be managed by the doctor.
Hi doctors myself vishal I'm preparing for AIPMT and my age is 18. I take banana and milk both at morning & night. After banana and milk I eat chapatti and green vegetables. I drink juice to. Than also my weight is not gaining means it does not looks any change from outside. please suggest ne some tips.
What is the exact weight, height and health growth of my body of above detail. I need a advice of doctor for my good health. Thanks.
Greetings, I'm 48 years male and fit and healthy, During daily routine, even after having nutrition diet in morning, corn flakes, almonds, honey and fruits, I get yawning frequently, After lunch yawning and giddiness comes and makes me dull, This is over by 4 pm and I become normal Can you explain me to know the reason and remedy,
The food you eat is critical for your overall well-being as cancers that often affect the human body are of gastrointestinal origin. Stick to organic and chemical free foods to live a healthier life, since they reduce the risk of cancer substantially. Regular consumption of the food items mentioned below increase your risk of developing cancer, as well as many other conditions and should be avoided at all costs.
- Microwave Popcorn: Most microwave popcorn bags are lined with c8, also known as Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA), which increases the risk of certain cancers such as kidney, testicular, bladder, pancreas and liver cancer notably. Microwave popcorn also contains an artificial or synthetic butter flavoring called diacetyl, which is extremely toxic and obstructs breathing.
- Canned Tomatoes: While tomatoes are considered to be cancer fighting foods, their canned counterparts are extremely unhealthy and may cause cancer. This is mainly due to the lining of the cans they are put in, which contains a chemical known as Bisphenol A or BPA that has been proven to elevate the risk of infertility as well as prostate and breast cancer. Due to the high acidic level. BPA leaks from the lining of the cans and penetrates into the fruit. Tomatoes should be cooked fresh or stored in glass jars.
- Processed/Grilled Red Meat: Processed meats such as sausages, prosciutto, bacon, pimento loaf, bologna, hot dog, etc., contain various chemicals and preservatives such as sodium nitrate. This is added to make the meat look fresh and appealing, but are, in fact, carcinogenic in nature. Moreover, you should also avoid grilling meat, since it releases a carcinogen known as heterocyclic aromatic amines, which is another dangerous food item that smoked meat contains as it picks up tar from the smoking process.
- Farmed Salmon: It is imperative to avoid farmed salmon because they are fed unnatural diets that are contaminated with carcinogens, antibiotics, chemicals, pesticides and so on. They also harbor sea lice, 30 times greater in amount than wild salmon. High levels of PCBs, cancer causing dioxins, and mercury have been found in them. It is advisable to opt for wild sockeye salmon instead of farmed salmon.