Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Y.V.S. PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
Early morning and night my two hands is painful in the bone of fingers and wrist please help what should I do.
Hello. I think I'm suffering from pelvic pain. please anyone can share it symptoms with me. I need a urgent treatment .plz reply as soon as possible. Having pain in left back thigh.
Im 18 years old teenage girl, but im suffering with backache since 3 months I used so many medicines and creams but no use please tell me what should I do now?
Sir My 2nd finger in right hand in a pin type dot show, it have 2years passed, some time giving it pain, but some time no problem, it any problem for me. Waiting a valuable response.
Suffering from tibia fracture has been operated by inserting plates, then rod and now by inserting ilizorov structures, but not joint properly.
Hy sir am getting pain in my leg since one month what I can do in present please help for that and I need tablets for that.
Hi' I have joint pain after chikungunya. I become fever last 25th September 2016 for two days. But body pain is regular. Its become morning time more than day time. No medicine intake last two weeks. Please suggest me the proper treatment.
I have a pain in lower end of my back. It comes & goes. When I sit for longer while then start to pain. I don't know what to do. I had applied some oils to get some relief but its not working. It comes discontinuously.
Osteoarthritis is a disease that affects the joints and bones of the body and causes a steady loss of cartilage. It causes deterioration in the constituency of calcium, drying of the synovial fluid within the joints that lubricates and eases movements and makes the bones brittle. It also involves declining in the cartilage. This disease, that mostly affects women, worsens over the time and should be treated as early as possible. It causes deformation of the joints and can lead to hard bone cysts. The muscles around the joints get weaker. They lose their ability to bear weight, causing extreme pain.
The form of arthritis which is characterized by a growing pain that gradually wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. Usually, people over the age of 40 are most commonly affected by this type of arthritis.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis include are as follows:
- Sudden and severe pain in the joints
- Sudden pain after performing a stressful job with the pain subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after moving the arms and legs for a long time; the pain becoming worse in particular weather conditions
- Joints get stiff after waking up in the morning but improve slowly as the day progresses
- Pain in the thighs and groin region, coupled with swelled joints and joints which get stiff after rest
Physiotherapy For Osteoarthritis
Physiotherapy alias physical therapy is considered as one of the fastest growing allied areas of present generation medicine. Being an important rehabilitative service needed in a community and a vital therapeutic supplement of the medical profession, it's the treatment of diseases and disabilities using physical exercises, heat radiations, cold therapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and therapeutic massage.
A physiotherapist first assesses the patient's condition by performing various tests thoroughly. Once he diagnoses the illness, next thing is to design physical treatment depending on the type and severity of his condition. The treatment can consist of exercise programs such as water exercising and group exercising, massages and joint manipulation that plays a vital role in enhancing the mobility of muscles and joints, reducing stiffness as well as inflammation, and pain and muscle education when there is more severe muscular complications. Physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis involves certain exercises. Below give are some of the most common exercises for osteoarthritis-
- Hot compresses help to reduce pain and swelling in the joints and provides relief.
- Knee contractions and extensions.
- Ankle and wrist rotations.
- Hamstring stretch exercises may be helpful in some cases, though such stretching exercises must be performed with assistance and guidance from an experienced physiotherapist.
- Straight leg stretching.
- It is important to provide adequate rest to your joints and not exert yourself.
- Hydrotherapy; exercising in warm water, can be extremely beneficial and relaxing. It improves mobility and strength.
- Half Squats: This exercise helps to strengthen the knee and leg muscle.
- Abdominal Crunches: Abdominal crunches help to strengthen the core muscles of the body, which contribute to the overall body strength.
- Arm circles: In this exercise, one should need to repeatedly make circular arm movements. This exercise helps to develop arm strength and tighten the arm muscles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am 20 year old male and I am suffering from knee pain how to cover this obstacle from my life pls suggest me something to cover up this obstacle. thanks.
I am 48 years male, I am have right shoulder dislocation problem for past 5 years, After every dislocation it will reset its own after 5-15min time and the process is very painful . What is permanent solution for stop dislocation. I am playing badminton and table tennis regularly, Kindly advise me
I haven't been able to walk properly since 2 days and I am having a severe pain in knee, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 26 male. I was hit by a motorbike in the right leg knee area. I escaped bone fracture but My upper and right outer side is swollen and stiff. I cannot bend my leg. Also there is sudden sharp pain when I stand or twist my leg. There is click sound in knee sometimes. Please tell me treatments and rest periods. I am working professional.
I'm 25 years female and got married 6 months back and started my family life my problem is after I've started my married life I've been frequently suffering with fever with chills, nausiatic, fatigue, backache and regular with my cycle.
I want to know about how to get rid of tiredness when coming back from office, so please help me to get rid of from tiredness. Thanks for the help in advance.
I am having pain in my lower back due to wrongly done work outs. I still want to continue my work out. What should I do.
I am 40 years old and I am suffering from severe back pain and severe knee pain. Please give me a solution for my problem and help me.
During the playing I slip and my elbow is fractured and it's diagnoses of medyl condyle is done and two wires of 1.5 mm are fixed in my elbow now nearly two months are completed after operation and my little finger is not sensible What I can do?
I sprained my ankle while playing basketball, though it healed my ankle still pains. So would you tell me how to strengthen my ankle.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.