Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y.V.S. Prabhakar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Y.V.S. PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
My wife, 59 years old have diabetic and maintain control taking tablets recomented by Doctor. Now she has back lower pain for 9 months. suggest me medicine and curable way.
I am a 35 year old and I have an serious back pain from last 2 month what can I do in this situation?
I am suffering with a broken leg and its start swelling. so what should I do to reduce it? please help me.
Continuous pain in right lower back since 6 months, even while writing this letter. After seeing the x-ray doctor informed me that I should not worry more. He has not prescribed me any medicines except exercise. Kindly suggest.
I have LBP and radiation in both leg below waist since last 6-7 year & now pain in neck also. I have taken advised from orthopedician & he advised for MRI of spine. That report is normal.in other diagnosis my Vit D3 and folate label is lower for that I am taking folvite 5 mg OD & Ultra D3 weekly since last 1 month. But no improvement in pain and radiation. Pls advise.
I have swelling in my left shoulder and arm. What treatment I require as I'm having pain in shoulder n arm.
I am having Rheumatoid Arthritis since four years. For past one year I am taking Ayurveda treatment. But since past 3 months I am getting pain in my hands and legs. Before 1 year I was taking English medicine, had no pain. Even in Ayurveda for 1 year I dint have any pain. I am having pain only past 3 months. What should I do now?
Are you experiencing knee pain and seek ideal treatment for your condition? Knee pain is a very common issue which may develop in any bony structure of your body, comprising your kneecap, the knee joint, ligaments, and cartilages of your knee. Knee pain is common in people of all ages, and simple home remedies can be used to treat knee pain effectively. In severe cases, professional treatment or help is required.
- The location of your knee pain varies based on the structure that is involved.
- Your whole knee may swell up and seem painful in the case of infections and inflammatory processes. On the other hand, a bone fracture may show symptoms in one specific area.
- The severity of knee pain may vary from acute to serious and disabling.
Other common symptoms associated with knee pain include the following:
- Difficulty in walking because of knee instability.
- Limping because of discomfort.
- Difficulty in going up and down the staircase because of ligament damage.
- Swelling and redness.
- The inability of extending the knee.
Knee pain may occur because of several reasons, and factors. Generally, knee pain is classified into 3 primary categories. They are:
- Acute injuries that include broken bones, a meniscal tear, or a torn ligament.
- Medication conditions which commonly include the likes of arthritis, and various infections.
- Conditions that occur on account of chronic use and overuse, such as patellar syndromes, tendinitis, bursitis, and osteoarthritis.
There are several treatment measures for knee pain, based on the cause, your condition, and severity. The most common treatment procedures include the following:
- Several medications are used for the treatment of an underlying medical condition that causes knee pain, for effective pain relief.
- Strengthening of the muscles surrounding the ankle makes it stable and helps in achieving the best mechanical movements.
- This is effective in avoiding injuries and preventing an existing injury from worsening.
- Several injectable medications are injected into your knee directly.
- Corticosteroids and lubricants are commonly used for dealing with inflammation in the knee, and for improving movement and pain.
- In case of severe and persistent knee pain, a surgery may be required. Knee operations include arthroscopic surgeries, total knee replacement and much more.
- Arthroscopic surgery is the most common procedure in which injuries in your knee are repaired and pieces of loose cartilage and bone are removed.
- During partial knee replacement, the damaged parts of your knee are replaced with metal and plastic parts. Only a part of the knee joint gets replaced.
There are several other therapies that are also beneficial for the treatment of knee pain. You can opt for acupuncture, which is ideal for osteoarthritis patients. Glucosamine and chondroitin supplements are also prescribed in some cases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!