Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Y. Sainath ReddyYour feedback matters!
10 tips for how to sleep better:
1. Rest in cozy comfort:
A quality mattress, soft blankets and cool temperature will reduce annoying distractions (too hot! achy back!) and help you relax.
2. Turn on some soothing sounds: use a sound machine or a fan to drown out what may be preventing you from falling asleep within 15 minutes of laying down.
3. Complete darkness:
If your room isn’t completely dark, consider a sleep mask—this will also increase your natural production of melatonin, which is not only a great sleep inducer but a great cancer fighter as well (study).
4. Snooze-inducing smells: wearing lavender lotion or using a diffuser with lavender essential oil may help you hit deep sleep sooner. Plus, who doesn’t love the smell of lavender? ahhh…
5. Turn off tech at least 1 hour before going to bed. Then, keep lights dim and read or meditate to let your body naturally make some sleepy melatonin (the hormone that is produced as it gets dark out, and regulates sleep and wake cycles).
6. Skip or reduce caffeine. Caffeine not only prevents many folks from falling asleep at night initially, but it can also decrease the amount of restful sleep that happens at night (study). If you’re having trouble sleeping at night, try decaf, herbal tea or keep it to one cup very early in the morning.
7. Go easy on the alcohol: Alcohol feels like a sedative at first because it slows down motor and brain function, leaving us feeling relaxed and worry-free. But, as it’s metabolized, acetaldehyde is produced, which acts like a stimulant in our bodies. This is what wakes us up in the wee hours of the morning unable to get the rest we need. So for a good night’s sleep, peel back on the alcohol and drink it earlier and with food (or not at all).
8. No nicotine: Nicotine is similar to caffeine in that it’s a stimulant and may cause insomnia. And even once you fall asleep, you’ll have decreased slow wave sleep, which means it’s less restorative (study). Tough love: stop smoking. Period. (i adore you too much not to say this.)
9. Exercise: Try to fit in 20-30 min of moderate exercise daily, but make sure to do it several hours before bed. Ideally, 20-30 minutes of cardio in the morning with some restorative yoga in the afternoon.
10. Clear your mind: If you’re tossing and turning after switching the lights off, you may need to hit the reset button on your mind. Here are a few things to try. Before going to bed, journal—jot it all down. You could also try a guided meditation. If you can’t fall asleep after lying in bed for 15 minutes, get up and do something relaxing for 15-30 minutes before returning to bed. Don’t give up. You’ll find a strategy that works for you.
My friend is suffering from hepatitis B. Please help me see him reliving that disease soon. Or please give me some remedies that may cure him a little. Thank you.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weak and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
I have no sweat problem but in underwear area I get itch. I will bath daily and I used keto powder then cured but after three months again started there any permanent cure.
Erectile dysfunction: part 2
How to manage it effectively?
There are enough options available which can keep every man sexually active regardless of the cause of erectile dysfunction (ed). Here's how therapy can take place.
As with an electrical circuit, if there are any breaks in the system it will not function as a unit. Part of the process of psychosexual therapy would be to think about the actual emotional and/or psychological issues behind ed, and to attend to these with weekly counselling sessions. This realisation is an important first step for you to begin and resolve your erection problem. The patient normally implements the therapy advice at home, either alone or with a partner, between therapy sessions. This may help you maintain an erection for once, gradually building confidence.
Relieving sexual anxiety:
Telling your partner before you make love that you have this anxiety, and the feelings it causes. As a result, your partner will understand, and the two of you can work on it together.
You can reduce some worries by being more giving with foreplay, even if your sexual performance isn't what you or your partner wanted, your partner will still be satisfied.
Consider regular exercise which brings confidence in your body as your energy is also an important part of overcoming sexual anxiety.
Watermelon juice (nature's viagra) and ginseng (herbal viagra): l-citrulline, an amino acid, present in watermelon can bring about significant improvement in blood flow to the penis, showing an improvement in erectile function. Another herb called ginseng, specifically 'red ginseng,' is known as the 'herbal viagra' that can improve sexual performance. Several research studies provide evidence for the effectiveness of these herbs in ed treatment.
Kegel exercises: pelvic exercises, involving the portion of the body between your waist and thighs, are commonly known as kegel exercises. Three months of kegel exercises twice daily can help to significantly improve your erection ability which strengthens the penile muscle. They also promote urinary control.
Acupuncture therapy: the acupuncture needles are placed in the wall of the abdomen. By stimulating specific acupoints, the practitioner aims to restore the proper flow of energy in the body resolving ed.
Eat right: scientific study at Massachusetts on male aging has found that eating a diet rich in fruit, vegetables, fish with fewer red and processed meat, whole and refined grains decreased the likelihood of having ed. Intake of a daily multivitamin and fortified foods is the best remedies for treating ed.
Walking: just 30 minutes of walking a day is linked to 41% drop in risk for ed. Moderate exercise can help restore sexual performance in obese middle-aged men with ed.
Attention towards vascular health and making body slim: high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides can all damage arteries in the penis along with heart and brain thereby leading to ed. Maintaining a trim waistline is a good defence for ed, as men with a 42-inch waist are 50% more likely to develop ed in comparison to 32-inch waist people.
Avoid excessive alcohol: chronic heavy drinking of alcohol can cause liver damage, nerve damage, and other conditions, interfering with the normal balance of male sex hormone (androgens) levels ultimately leading to ed.
Intake of l-arginine: l-arginine, an amino acid, which is naturally present in the body and helps make nitric oxide, supports a successful erection. Nitric oxide is responsible for making the blood vessels relax, which helps sustain an erection for men.
Ed can also be treated with oral medications, drugs insertions or injections into the penis. Oral medications that are normally prescribed to treat the dysfunction work for about 80% of men. They work by boosting the natural signals, which are generated during sexual activity so as to help you sustain an erection. Alprostadil is a type of medicine that causes blood vessels to expand, increasing blood flow to the penis, thus facilitate an erection. Cialis, Levitra, staxyn and viagra work by a similar mechanism to cause erections. There are subtle differences in how long the drug works and how quickly it works. A vacuum erection device is a plastic tube that slips over the penis, making a seal with the skin of the body. A pump at the other end of the tube creates a low-pressure vacuum around the erectile tissue, which results in an erection.
Klaibya in Ayurveda is defined as the inability to attain and keep sufficient rigid (firm) erection which is very essential during sexual intercourse for the sexual needs or the needs of his female partner. Also vajikarana in Ayurveda means producing a horse's vigor. Some of the herbs used in vajikarana include:
Bulb of allium sativum (garlic)
Root of asparagus recemosus (shatavari)
Root of boerhavia diffusa (punarnava)
Whole part of Cocculus cardifoli (guduchi)
Root of panax ginseng (ginseng)
Seeds of myristica fragraus (nutmeg)
Leaf and root of withania somnifera (ashwagandha)
Leaf and seeds of ginkgo bioloba (ginkgo)
Pitch of asphaltum bitumen (shilajit)
Dried root of lepidium meyenii (maca)