Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinodini
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VinodiniYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old and had an appendix operations 4 months before. I am losing too much of my hair in bunches. What should I do? please reply fast.
There was a great number of white hair on my head from last year and I started doing yoga from last 15 days then now I am getting my hair black colour back from their roots but it's not more than 15 days that my hands hair are getting white and today I saw 4 grey hair on leg (but before it these were completely black) Why is this happening please tell me what to do, I am very worried about it?
Sir good afternoon my name is bhagya 47 years I am having black patches on my nose and cheek from many years please give me any solution and which soap I have to use and which creams are good for this black patches.
I have itchy bumps on my bikini area and it is itching alot. Give me some solution can I use valbet cream?
Hello doctor. I am 21 years young lady. My hair growth was good. But from March it started falling. Now I can see my scalp easily and also I can see a major difference in my hair dense. So can you suggest me diet plans for hair growth and also do's and do not's?
I have itching both hands little and ring fingers and after that skin get black and rough and when I remove this after one month new skin again start same process please help.
My mom (39 yrs) is having itching problem since 1999. But now a days this problem is increasing very much. She can't able to sleep properly due to that. Palm n feet palm full itches at night. We also showed Dr. but medicine are not working. Please say some medicine so that her problem gets solved. Currently she is taking HHelevo medicine, this is good. But please do something tell. I heard zinc ointment is best for skin related problems. please suggest as early as possible, I can't able to see her in problem.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non absorbable stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches heal quickly and are easy to remove. Non absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches are applied on layers which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infections.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see your doctor?
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek for a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If unfortunately you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.