Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay KumarYour feedback matters!
Hey! My question is I have migraine so what kind of precautions I should take. And is migraine a big problem.
If mother of an child is having brain tumor and it is cured but the daughter she was born when mother was having brain tumor can suffer from brain tumor.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am suffering from epilepsy for th past 10 years taking eptoin 200 mg BD, topaz 25 mg BD and clonazepam 2-4 mg SOS in case of a seizure. I do get seizures inspite of these meds. Besides all of this I am suffering from insomnia hypersomnia circadian rhythm disorder borderline GAD mild delusional psychosis MDD and ADHD. The only medicines that I am taking for all of these psychological problems is quetiapine 200 mg at bedtime which does not cause any sleep. Insomnia is a very very big problem for me. I stay awake for 24-30-40-50 hrs without getting any sleep. Alprax calmpose quitipite phenergan trazodone meloset zolfresh tramacip lopez none of these meds work in prescribed doses. I have to take 3-4 pills to dose off. The only sleeping medicine that works is Mirnite (mirtazapine) 30 mg. I don't take it cause it causes drastic weight gain. My family doc has told me to consult a good neuropsychiatric. I reside in dwarka new delhi Please suggest a gppd one nearby if its possible. Thank you Nalin.
Hi my name Aruna sawant age 33 yrs weight 52 height 5.3ft I always have a heavy ness in my body I tried very soon also no freshness after office I don't have any enery to do house work always tired my hand palms n legs Palm are always painfull never feel energetic n fresh , even indigestion problem
I am 24 years old guy suffering from insomnia. From the last 2 days, I'm not sleeping properly. What is the solution to my problem.
I am 27 years female. And I have migraine. Please tell the proper solution for this as I am having medicines like headset or combiflam but they giving just temporarily relief.
I am regularly suffering from migraine. Can you any one please telma the solutions or remedies for this. Please.
I have migrane what is the best medicine I take naprosyn 500 But it won't help please also let me know some home remedies. Thanks
My father is diagnosed with Parkinson disease. I have added the medications which he was taking for almost 6 months. Now he is taking Syndopa plus, lonazep, excelon tablets. In spite of taking the tablets he seems to be having no improvement in his body. He feels dizziness, hands shivering, unexpected smiling etc through out the day. Can any of you suggest a good remedy for it. If taking or eating anything else will improve the condition then do suggest that also.
I am suffering from headache and migraine, kindly advise me remedies for the same, and what kind of treatment wants to take.
My mother 82 years old has back pain near buttocks, numbness in left leg near thigh and in finger tips, what should I do?
I am suffering from migraine from 25 years. Every attack I take pain killers and vasograin also. Pl.suggest a medicine.
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad