Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi Saradhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi SaradhiYour feedback matters!
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition.
Gsac measures 28. 7 mm to 7 weeks. Yeh abnormal pregnancy hai kya? What should be the size of sac at 7 weeks.
Do the haemoglobin count becomes less during monthly periods, which leads to weakness even difficulty in breathing (occasionally) ?
It is important to note that there are certain signs, which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think:
- Fatigue: Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
- Reduction in appetite: A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. A reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
- Muscle aches: Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
- Fever: A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
- Swollen neck glands: The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses, which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Do you lack confidence due to facial pigmentation, I am here to help you.
What is facial pigmentation?
In melasma, patches of pigmentation appear on the face, predominantly over the cheeks, nose, forehead and upper lip. The pigmentation varies from yellowish, brownish, bluish to blackish in colour. Chloasma is another term for facial pigmentation in women during pregnancy.
Freckles or tiny dark spots appear on the face in certain cases from repeated sun exposure. Freckles are more likely in persons with fair skin.
Why do we get facialpigmentation?
The root cause of facial pigmentation is excess melanin production. Facial pigmentation is very common in women, but may also arise in men.
The causal factors are many, the major among them being hormonal changes in women during pregnancy, after childbirth, during menopause, from intake of contraceptive pills, from hormone replacement therapy and hypothyroidism.
Other factors that trigger facial pigmentation are stress, loss of sleep and sunexposure. Heredity also plays an important role in predisposing a person to facial pigmentation. Acne may also lead to scarring and facial pigmentation.
Factors affecting facial pigmentation:
Dr. I'm 35 weeks pregnant, last 2 month I have seen many skin tags are appearing on my neck arm and breast. And their quantity is increasing day by day. Please suggest is it curable post pregnancy or not. What treatment is best to get rid off.
Drink 8-12 glasses of water a day the individual needs differ. Some
Need a lot more of water depending on their physical activity, body
Constitution, health conditions, climatic conditions etc, while
Some others need less. Frequent urination or a leak in a healthy adult
Means he is taking extra fluids! so drink just enough water to keep yourself
2. Caffeine is not good for your bladder as it is a diuretic. It
Speeds up your kidneys and irritate the bladder. So a leaking
Bladder may signal more of caffeine in the diet.
3. It is not often an enlarged prostate that causes plumbing
Problems in men but an overactive bladder. So get it diagnosed and
4. It is normal to urinate once at night. Several visits to the loo at night
Indicate something is wrong. It could be just that you drink too
Much water in the evening or that you are anxious. If it's a
Regular habit to urinate more than twice at night keeping a fluid
Diary is recommended. Consult your doctor if it persists.
5. Another sign of an overactive bladder is urinating for more than
8 times a day.
6. Being overweight is a reason for stress incontinence. Stress
Incontinence is a condition where pressure on the bladder from
Cough or sneeze causes you to leak. It happens when the muscles in
The pelvis is weak and cannot handle this pressure.
7. It is not a small bladder that causes frequent leaks but your
Capacity. If you drink more water than you can hold you will
Probably leak. Weak muscles, nerve damage (due to conditions
Like diabetes), medications, infections etc can cause leaking.