Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi SaradhiYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 years old female, my panty gets wet all the day and it smells very bad, I want to know the reason and how I can avoid this. please suggest me.
I had unsafe sex with my boyfriend before 18 days I don’t know whether sperms went in or not but today I got my periods that means there is no chance of me getting pregnant right?
Sir, I had intercourse on 6th of this month and left sperm in my wife's. But she had period on 17th of this month. Between mentioned dates had been to site seeing by bike to around 150kms. How many days to wait after ejecting sperm into vagina to get pregnancy? or I need to go for semen analysis?
Watermelon (white portion -peel) dosa
Isn’t it amazing to have a fruit whose each and every part is useful, the fruit itself pink portion, seeds and yes the rind i. E the white portion, yesterday I had posted a sabzi out of it. A few days back I tried this dosa believe me its amazing …. Do try.
- Rice – 1 1/2 cup
- Melon pieces (white rind portion alone) – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2tsp
- Scrapped coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seed
- Finely chopped onion-1 med, green chilli-2-3, coriander and curry leaves
- Salt – for taste
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds in water for two hours.
- Puree the white portion of the watermelon.
- Grind the soaked rice, coconut and melon puree together into a smooth batter. You can also add red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds while grinding.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well. The batter doesn’t have to ferment.
- The batter should be little thinner than idli batter consistency.
- Now add finely chopped onion, green chilli, coriander and curry leaves to the batter and mix well. Keep this aside for about 15 minutes so that all the flavours blend well.
- Heat tawa/griddle and pour a ladle full of batter spread and cook on both the sides in medium-low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Heavy bleeding during menses.... What should you know?
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- passage large blood clots during menstruation
- your period lasts more than seven days
- you become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early
My last period has comes on 30 may. On 30 june I have spotting and one clot. On 4th july I have sharp cramps and spot. On 6th july my hcg in urine get positive but scan seen nothing in uterus and nothing in tubes. On 7th july my hcg in blood comes 40. 44miu/ml. Again scan says nothing in anywhere. I have still spotting. My Dr. Says no ectopic pregnancy .and Dr. Gives me dacalin c tablet for seven days. She says no pregnancy do not worry. What can I do.
Hi my wife is pregnant & her last period date is 15 Jan 2016 almost 3 months but in sonography it's showing 7 weeks so please advice is it normal? Note:- her period was irregular. Almost 60 days cycle.
I have checked my tsh level and it came 27.76. Doc prescribed thyronorm 75 mcg, and I am started today. Is it hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. And what should be avoided. I am 24 yrs. Can I try for baby. 2 yrs 4 months of my marriage.
I am 40 years female, have a, distant number from my childhood, now I'm feeding my second baby who is1. 5 years old, I am afraid, by breastfeeding my vitamin A stores r depleted and go to baby, now I'm having +1 no. Progressive no. Shall I stop breastfeeding of my baby, and give him top milk, he takes all weaning foods only 2 times in sleep he needs my milk, what should I do, or give me vit A supplement. Plus I eat less fats because I am 80 kg weight.
My wife aged 38 years got tubectomy in Apr 2014. Her period occasionally has always been done almost one week in advance. Last period was on 17 oct 2016 and Now the period would have been done by 17 Nov 2016 which has not been done. Please advice the reason.
I have 2 babies. One of 4.5years old & second is 1 year 4 months old by cesarian. Earlier I had 3 miscarriages. I usually have a pain in my stomach, when I do some heavy household and there also starts white discharge from my vagina. But if I use belt then there is no such problem. I want to lose my weight especially of stomach and hips. What should I do. I got tensed very soon also. Please guide me.
Is unwanted 21 affect the fertility system? Or any other side effects My dermatologist give me krimson35 for 21 days due to some hormonal imbalance does it effects my fertility for future?
I had been to gynecologist for having scanty periods... I had my periods on 4th dec,as my regular menstral cycle but flow was less. Doc said to take a pelvic scan and in report it came that my endometri is thicker i.e 15mm. And i had gone for pregnancy test on 8th dec,the result was negative. Doc suggested me to take duphastron for 10 Days. So my query is that why we hav to take that tablet and will it helps in having pregnancy?
I have been married for a year now & my husband visits every 6 months. Last feb when I & my husband went on a vacation we had protected sex four days in a row wherein the 1st day I had an i pill, 2nd and 3rd day we used condom approx 9 (4+5) & 4th day i-pill Since then I have been getting periods every month after 24-28 days but lasts only 2 days Also I have been experiencing weakness Hairfall problem, joints pain, headache Also there is constant mild pain in my abdomen & before periods there is also lower right back pain. Before february I had my periods normally which lasted 4-5 days and pre periods symptoms were leg pain and pain in abdomen. please help.
Hey, I took an ipill on the 1 May and now out of the blue I have a itch there n now there is bleeding. My period isn't due till 18 may. M worried, what should I do.
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long-term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But, good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphilis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also, the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.