Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
An excess amount of fat present in the human body can lead to a chronic condition called obesity. If the amount of fat, which is used to perform multiple functions in the human body, is found in excess (more than 25% in males and 30% in females), it leads to obesity. Besides being a cosmetic concern, obesity is a chronic disease that can lead to other serious ailments such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, gallstones and other similar illnesses. It has a higher rate of relapse rate and is difficult to treat.
- Consumption of more calories than the person burns through various activities throughout the day is the primary cause. Overeating, especially in diets having a majority of fats, is a major cause of obesity.
- Obesity can be a result of certain medical conditions such as Cushing’s syndrome (a disorder that develops due to an increased exposure to immense amounts of “cortisol” over an extended period of time), Prader-Willi Syndrome (a birth disorder), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland), polycystic ovary syndrome (enlarged ovaries characterized by tiny cysts on the outside) and other diseases.
- Hormonal disorders and genetics may also contribute to obesity. It is observed that the likelihood of being obese increases if the parents are obese. Hormones that facilitate fat regulation in the body are affected by genetics.
- Lifestyle choices such as inactive, sedentary lifestyle and consuming an excess amount of fast foods such as high calorie beverages.
- Psychological factors do have a role to play in people being obese. Many people overeat as a response to emotions such as stress, sadness, boredom or anger.
A person is generally considered to be obese if his/her BMI (Body Mass Index) is above 30.
1. A person whose BMI is in the range of 30 to 35 is classified under “Type I obese”.
2. A person in the BMI range of 35 to 39 falls under the category of “Type II obesity”.
3. If the BMI of a person is above 40, he/she is considered to be extremely obese.
BMI is usually a reliable method to find out if a person is obese, but in certain instances such as that of a professional bodybuilder, BMI could prove to be inaccurate. Without treatment, obesity can lead to serious health conditions such as:
3. Sleep Apnea
4. Heart Disease
6. Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (characterized by the inability to breathe long or deep enough)
I want to know after 35 years for females fertile eggs in ovaries will gradually become less and chances of pregnancy is completely less. Is it true?
Sir I just wanted to know about my wife's ultrasound report for 3rd trimester. I just wanted to know about below point. 1. The report is showing about Placenta as below Developing placenta in anterior is low laying in upper & mid uterine segment partially reaching till the os. No previa is seen .No netroplacental collection is seen. please confirm me what does it mean by above lines.
Sir me and my partner have sex 4 to 5 times in one night and after that she had taken instafree -72 now is there chances of being pregnant as her periods are late by 1 day. Is number of times sex depends as the contraceptive is taken within 24 hours. Kindly tell me .thank you.
Hello Mam, I got conceived on sep. 11 2015 (my report shows 6 weeks preg) On sep4th 2015 that is prior 6 days nee guy missed me for sex. My last lmp is july 28th or 30 not sure. Sep4th new guy misused me for sex Sep11 (6 weeks) Oct 16 (11weeks) Dec 18 (20weeks) Mar 7 (33weeks) Pls let me know I got preg on august itself or. Because of this new guy I got conceived within 6 days of incident 6 weeks preg? Will come Pls advise me.
Hi. Im 27 and had unprotected sex and I took ipill immediately after that. Then after a week had withdrawal bleeding almost for 10 days and it was heavy. please let me know am I still pregnant. Is there still chance of being pregnant.
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
5. Bring back rice on your plate. Not brown not white but handpounded. Eat rice at night too if you have grown up eating it. Leave the quinoa to the south americans
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)