Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I have a two months baby boy. Today it is observed that he has only one testicle. Please explain what should I do? Is there any problem with one testicle Pls advice in details.
My kid is 7 year old. He shows a lot of anger when we said him to study and other things. What we do?
Hi, my son is always asking for something or the other that he knows we would not like eg using for phones, wants to go to shop to buy random things. He does not understand difference between aap and main. Is there something to be worried about?
Hi my daughter is 6 plus and last month she was discharged from the hospital after antibactrial treatment was given to her since she was having cough and high fever and her wbc count gone very high so doctor kept her in the hosptial and discharged her after 5 days. Though I noticed a mild cough had never gone and when i asked doctor he said its mild and will go away. But now after a month her fever has come back with mild cough you can say she coughs 6 to 7 times in a day, but in the night she sleeps comfortablly without any cough. Pl. Suggest what is this, I am very tensed now.
My daughter age 12 month, weight 20, she born twins one boy one girl. From one year she is suffering from whizing problem. Any right precaution to avoid inhaler.
My baby is 7 months old. He is passing stools with slight blood from today morning. He went 4 times from morning 6 a.m but his activities are very normal. No fever. He is active. I ve started solid foods for him past 45 days. Is he allergic to some food? I gave idli apple juice rice kanji.
My baby is two months old girl. She is only fed mother's milk. Now she has not done potty since 3 days. Before this, she was doing normal potty daily. She is taking medicines bisgly-xt drops, rxplus drops, calshine p drops, ostocalcium b12 syrup that are prescribed 1 & 1/2 months ago by paediatrician. Now please advise, what to do for her normal motion.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.