Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.S.PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am suffering from migraine from 7-8 year I visited different doctors and after taking medicines the migraine either stop or reduces but after 6-8 month it get again started. Most of the time it starts in the morning. I don't smoke and drink but sometime I go to sleep 30-60 minutes later than usual. I observed that in some cases it stop after bathing or sometimes I apply cream (jhandu bam) which reduces the pain. But in most of the cases it remains for 4-5 hrs afters started. Please help.
1) suffering from parkinson for more than 28 years. 2) age 57, male, weight around 35-40kg recent diagnosis 1) 2 months back pet scan was done diagnosis-ed as psp medications 1) syndopa plus tab 2 times, pacitine, neurobian, amantrel night 2) recent prescriptions of syndopa plus 3 times a day aggravated 3) increasing of pacitine 2 times, straining my eyes observations 1) morning I am feeling stable till I take syndopa plus. Syndopa is causing sudden walking imbalance and walking on toes. Syndopa is slightly improving grip but not able to walk 2) amantrel started taking morning, night and stopped syndopa causing acute weakness after 2 days becoming extremely weak 3) by taking amantrel night and morning and taking syndopa plus tab in the morning and 1tab syndopa in the evening improved slightly 4) syndopa full tab is having effect for 3-4 hours, tab is having effect 2-3 hours 5) after syndopa effect I am becoming stable again am able todo little work 6) frequent urination in night (male incontinence due to parkinson?) what options? questions 1) any alternative prescription for syndopa so that I can improve my walking condition 2) frequent urinals any way to control. 3) after syndopa drug intake, problem to perform any work 4) amantrel is having stabilizing effect, syndopa causing walking imbalance so how I can I improve my condition?
Hi I fell and my head was hurt on the top backside of the head. I had got a bump for a few days. I do not experience any pain now. I'm fine. I hope there is no problem in the future. Am I right?
I often have head pain. 3-4 times a week. But mostly its minor. Does it show the possibility of migraine ?
When a hemorrhagic stroke occurs, why do patients wont get proceeded for a surgery? instead they observe him for a couple of days or a week. Though there is no recovery from dead neurons how do patients still recover from paralysis in such cases?
Could you suggest some medicine for migraine please. I am feeling very pain in my left frontal lobe of my head. Some time it is very high.
My left hand from shoulder to till fingers getting Numbness randomly in a day since form last one month
I have been eating a lot of junk food lately and I have observed that in the morning when I get up from bed I feel very weak and my hands and legs feel numb.
I am a 47 years old male and suffering from a just like current in my left hand that starts from thumb than spread towards 1st and 2nd finer than to the upper side upto the arm and arm feel slightly hard. Please I am feeling this from last 2 months. I am taking gabapantin and mecobolamin from 20 days but here is no improvement. Please tell me what should I do.
I have a serious migrain problem since last two months ago. Before that I didnot face any kind of migrain problem. I am in a very big dilema. What should I do?
A question for neurologist I have a family history of HD My mother diagnosed at the age of 48 With 50 CAG REPEATS I AM 26 and I got tested 2 years before with 26 CAG REPEATS This cag remains same or changes with time throughout life time.
I am suffering from left hemiplegia after a stroke on 10th september 2014. Acute infarct right basal ganglia and right radiata. Mild diffuse atorphy. Please suggest if it can be treated. Unable to move properly.
I am unable to flex my hand fingers since 3 days it's in extended position. Can I know what's the cause for it?
I was always plumpy girl since childhood. After started taking medicine of epilepsy and thyroid, I put on lot of weight in my adolescent period. Since then I had tried many ways to reduce and from 90 kg I got down to 80 till my marriage within 1.5 years. After getting married, I put on 15 kgs n now I am 95. Now please guide me how to reduce despite having my hectic working schedule and no time to workout. These conditions are affecting me physically and mentally also. I get tired soon nd feel sad many times. Earlier through disciplined diet and massages and herbal life powder I reduced. After leaving all this I gained again. Now I am regretting since than. But now I need motivation and will power to come back to 80 kgs again. Please guide me. I want to plan my family next year. Thyroid doctor has advised me to reduce minimum 5 kgs. I feel fed up sometimes, crying also. This is all because of my weighty issues. please help me.
I am looking for a solution for hand's because whenever I am doing some work they start shaking and it looks very bad when someone comments while looking at my shivering hands .and my stamina is very low while working my breath goes higher.
ÏCerebral Palsy (CG) is a neurological disorder caused by an injury to the brain or a brain malformation that occurs while the child’s brain is still developing – in the mother’s womb before birth, during birth, or immediately after birth.
This disorder affects the child’s movement and muscle coordination and control. It also affects his:
- Motor skills and
- Oral motor functions
In easy to understand language, CG can impact the child’s ability to walk, talk, sit, do simple tasks like eating, combing hair, talking, and other activities we take for granted. The physical impairment caused by cerebral palsy can affect all limbs, the face and head, or it may just affect one limb. Since CG affects muscles and a child’s ability to control them, common symptoms include muscles that contract too much, too little, or all at the same time, leading to limbs that are stiff and forced into awkward positions. Other complications also arise such as intellectual impairment, seizures, or vision/ hearing and speech impairment.
How does Speech Therapy help?
Speech problems affect more than half of all children with cerebral palsy as they have difficulty controlling the muscles in their face, throat, neck and head. Apart from speaking, this also affects chewing and swallowing. It can also cause drooling and the ability to learn, difficulty hearing and understanding spoken language.
This is where speech and language therapy comes in. Speech therapy improves a child’s speech and communication by strengthening the muscles used for speech. It also improves understanding of speech and language as well as help with swallowing disorders, like dysphagia.
Speech therapy helps exponentially as when children improve their speech and communication, they are able to express their needs, share their thoughts and interact with others, leading to an overall improvement in their overall quality of life.
Speech therapy can help with the following:
- Articulation of words
- Sound and word formation
- Language and vocabulary development
- Breath control
- Speech muscle coordination
Apart from this, the other primary benefits are boosting self esteem, socialization, independence and reducing shyness.
Exercises used in Speech Therapy
Speech therapy treatment usually consists of exercises tailored to a child’s specific needs. Different exercises are used in speech therapy like:
- Articulation therapy: The therapist uses language cards to help focus attention on specific sounds to encourage the child to make sounds while looking in the mirror to help him understand how his mouth moves.
- Blowing exercises: The therapist encourages the child to blow bubbles or a whistle to train the mouth muscles to produce sounds.
- Breathing exercises: Work is exclusively on inhalation and exhalation to strengthen the diaphragm.
- Jaw exercises: The child is encouraged to eat foods that require extra chewing to strengthen jaw muscles.
- Language and word association: The therapist uses flashcards with different words and sounds written on them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.