Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. V. Ravi ChanderYour feedback matters!
Though there are no proven ways to prevent cancer, you can do a lot of things reduce your risk of getting the disease. Here are 10 good important ways to do so:
1. Eat a healthy balanced diet
2. Maintain a healthy weight
3. Drink less alcohol
4. Quit smoking
5. Say No to any form of Tobaco including Pan and Gutka
6. Do regular exercise. At least, Walking.
7. Protect your skin from sun damage
9. Cervical smear tests for women every 3-5 years
9. Breast examination for signs of lumps, dimples or puckering
10. Last but not the least, in case of any lump or doubtful mass, consult an Oncologist without delay.
She is suffering from blood cancer. It has been detected 10 days ago. What should I do? Please help me.
What are the basic symptoms of blood cancer. In the condition of cancer positive patients what are the foods are suitable for them?
I am 75 years old male. Flow of my urine has reduced and the frequency of urination has increase from once at night to three to four times. I got ultra sound of KUB done. Findings:-Kidneys, Right: 100mm, parenchymal thickness is 13mmand Left kidney: 90mm, parenchyal thickness is 13mm. Both kidneys are normal size. Urinary Bladder: within normal limits, Prevoid-100cc, Postvoid-10cc, Prostrate-18cc Normal in size and echotexture. Uroflowmetry test: Hesitancy--14 Sec, Flow time--43 sec, Void volume-237ml, Time to max flow--21 sec, Max flow-8 ml/sec, Avg Flow 4ml/sec, voiding time 55Sec, Residual urine--0 ml. I have been prescribed Tab SILDOO 8mg once daily after diner. Advised Cystoscopy. What should I DO?
Dear Sir; Im too much depressed. I'm out of my study track, always thinks about that what happened If I have an serious disease like cancer, I'm from a poor family so how my parents effort this? All my labor n aims n desires will finished if I die. Although I don't have any problem I'm thinking so much and inviting diseases. I cant bear insults. There is an uncomfortable condition all over in my mind and body. I'm not happy with anything. I don't know what makes me happy. So pls sir tell me what should I do?
I am a mouth cancer patient can eat food due to lack of saliva. My weight was 140 kgs & in a year i am now 60 kgs only. Please just guide
Sir Tell treatment of blood cancer. Any possibility to facing final stage person to come real life. Any hope.
Dear Doctors My mother is 71 years old under gone Right breast Cancer operation. After operation no chemo only radiation doctor prescribed Letrozole 2.5 mg Daily one tab for 7 months. Recent PET CT scan showing following impressions III -defined, metabolically active Right axillary and anterior chest wall soft neoplastic recurrence metabolicalyactive mediastinal lymph nodes -nodal metastases bilateral small lung nodules and metabolically active focal lesion in D10 vertebral body are of concern for metastases left breast focal lesion most likely benign Now doctor advised for 11cycle of chemotherapy. Some said give adequate carrot juice with Ramphal fruits. She is healthy and active. But I am unable to understand please give me guidance.
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult a doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.