Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Rani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha RaniYour feedback matters!
I am 24 weeks pregnant but did'nt any move in my womb can you tell me its normal or I want consult doc.
My complain started with sanitary pad infection. When I switched to whisper from stayfree. At that time I took medicine lynx 500 for 2-3 days and steroid mixed creams. Then.i stopped but I was not relieved completely .then suddenly one day I noticed rashes in my inner thighs. That was kind of ringworm infection. I again applied steroids. That got healed in 2-3 days. But since then I am having severe itching in inner thighs. Which is slowly slowly spreading downwards and also towards vagina. Only itching. Its almost 3 months I am suffering from all this. I am shy to show it to some doctor. I am married. My husband is also having same symptoms since last one month.
The shoulder is a vulnerable joint in the upper body. Your shoulder joint becomes vulnerable to imbalances in the muscles as it is strongly supported by them. Bad posture, especially hunched posture, leads to tensions in muscles. This leads to chronic shoulder problems.
Here are six stretches you can do to improve mobility in your shoulder:
- Thoracic spine roll-out with shoulder flexion: Put a foam roller underneath your shoulder blades after lying down on the floor. The foam roller should be perpendicular to your spine. Place a barbell above your head. Keeping your elbows straight, lower your hips to the floor.
- Modified downward dog: Bend your knees and put your hips in the air. Place your hands on the floor. Bracing your abdomen, push your hips up. Push up like you are trying to lengthen your spine. As you do this, keep pushing your chest gently to your toes.
- Loosen the pectorals (muscles of the chest) and latissimus dorsi (widest muscle arising from the lower back): Tight muscles can often lead to shoulder immobility. To loosen pecs, put a softball between the wall and your chest. Putting pressure on the ball, roll it to your pectorals. For the latissimus dorsi, lie down sideways on the floor and put a foam roller between your body and the floor. Follow the same movements as you would do loosen the pecs.
- Sphinx pose: Lie face down on the floor and prop your body on your elbows. Push your chest off the ground, pressing your shoulder blades together. Stretching your head upwards, lift up one hand. Hold this position for a minute and then change hands.
- Child’s pose: Kneel down on the ground and sit back on your heels. Then push your torso to the ground and keep your hands stretched in front of you. You should feel a stretch in your shoulders in this position. Hold the position for 15 to 20 seconds.
- External rotation of the shoulder: Lie down on your side, holding a lightweight dumbbell on your free side. Place a foam roller there for support. Then bend your elbow at a right angle and lift the weight, keeping your upper arm stable. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Patients look up to doctors as their life-savers, they expect them to give the best treatment and to restore their health completely. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the doctors and the entire medical staff to serve patients with complete adherence, so that patients can recover at the earliest and their health problems are treated to the best.
However, doctors are humans and humans can make mistakes. And, a mistake committed by a doctor can have serious implications not only on a patient’s life but on the lives of the people associated with them, therefore, be avoided at all costs. A report by the WHO stated that medical errors are amongst the top ten killers. It is said that 1 in every 10 patients admitted to a hospital experiences an adverse event. Even a slightest mistake by the medical staff can actually jeopardize the life of the patient while a few safety measures can save their life. The WHO has put down certain guidelines for patient safety, which all doctors and medical staff should be careful about.
4 Things that doctors and medical staff must remember.
- Prevent the spread of infections: At any given point of in time, 5.2 million people in India suffer from one or the other infections due to medical errors. Offering single bedrooms are an effective way to limit the transmission of infections from one patient to another. Also, it is important to pay attention the air filtration system and provide multiple hand wash stations. Simple measures can also help reduce blood stream infections associated with a central line. Whenever, a venous catheter needs to be inserted, wash hands, clean the skin thoroughly, remove unnecessary lines and only then perform the insertion.
- Pick Blood Donors Carefully: Many surgical procedures and treatments require blood transfusions. If attention is not paid to testing blood before it is administered to the patient, there could be serious complications. It is the duty of the hospital to provide safe and sufficient blood supply. For this, the World Health Organization recommends a proper assessment of blood donors and testing their suitability to donate blood at each occasion. Blood transfusion services should also be able to screen for diseases that can be transmitted through transfusion.
- Use Good Design Principles: A fall from a chair or bed can elongate a patient’s recovery. Hence, pay attention to how the hospital has been designed to reduce the risk of such events. Avoid steps and slippery tiles as far as possible. Sensitive bed and chair alarms could also be used to alert a nurse whenever a patient needs assistance. Nurse stations should also be decentralized so that the nurses have easy access to the patients. According to WHO guidelines, a hospital’s ventilation system should provide a minimum average ventilation rate of 60 l/s/patient for general wards.
- Prevent Surgical Infections: Surgical infections are rare but they still can happen. To reduce the risk of surgical infections, doctors and nurses must sanitize their arms up to their elbows with antiseptic soap before performing surgery. According to WHO guidelines, hands must be washed for a minimum of 2 minutes before any procedure. Special, gowns, masks, hair covers and gloves must be used by anyone in the operation theatre. After surgery, the caregivers must again wash their hands and forearms with antiseptic soaps, even though their skin did not come in direct contact with the patient.
In case of any concern or query consult an expert!
I am 45 years old and have been experiencing irregular periods for the past 6 months. Are these premenopausal symptoms? Is there anything I should do about it?
It has become rare for a person to stop and admire a beautiful flower. Life has become fast and the human population is distancing itself from nature, and thus from good mental health. Thanks to the increased awareness about mental health in the recent years, many take up meditation regularly.
The benefits of meditation include eradicating stress, handling adversity and even shedding extra pounds. So, what is heartfulness meditation in particular? This is a simple meditation technique that you can practice alongside yoga or spiritual practices to completely relax as it is not related to any specific philosophy. While practicing this form of meditation, you will be encouraged to try and focus on your heart to experience your true self.
Why should you practice heartfulness meditation?
Heartfulness is a type of super-inclusive meditation that is there for more than a century. More than a million people practice the act in more than 100 countries, and this method is growing at a fast pace all across the globe. This tradition is rooted in the Raja Yoga tradition, and it can be practiced in a group or individually. This practice helps in improving the quality of sleep, relieving stress and boosting the immune system. It also helps in bettering the quality of life in multiple ways.
Here are some of the most compelling reasons why you should practice heartfulness meditation.
- Helps enhance emotional control: This meditation technique helps in activating the amygdala which is the emotional center of the brain. Hence, it can help you feel calmer, and these benefits are spilled over in our day to day life as well.
- Acts as a painkiller: You will be surprised to know that if you practice heartfulness meditation every day, you will experience much less pain. In a study, there were two groups of people where one practiced heartfulness meditation while the other group did not. The one who meditated daily experienced less pain.
- Makes you compassionate: One of the most important benefits of heartfulness meditation is that it makes people more sympathetic and virtuous.
- Alters Neuro-chemical balance in the brain resulting in more composed and calm emotional state: Meditation is such a fantastic technique that if you can practice it for about 8 months, it will result in a change in the neuro-chemical balance of the brain.
- Leads to an improvement of cognition: A study found that if you meditate daily, you will be able to sustain attention and it will invariably result in boosting your cognition. The level of improvement can range somewhere between 15 and 50 percent and the more you meditate, the better the results.
Simple steps to help you practice heartfulness meditation
- Find a comfortable place in your home or a place where you can sit each day and meditate
- Make sure you meditate at the same time daily.
- Sit comfortably with your hands and legs in a comfortable position
- Focus on your heart and imagine light filling it
- Slowly and steadily you will start feeling the vibrations and energy in your body
- If your mind wanders here and there try to center it back towards the light in your heart
- Practice it daily for 20 minutes
Moreover, if you are someone belonging to the field of creativity, then heartfulness meditation can reap long-term benefits for you. It not only sharpens concentration but improves your ability to multitask easily. Thus, if you have not indulged in this beneficial act, this is high time to drench in eternal joy and happiness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!