Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. .Uday KumarYour feedback matters!
How to lower cholesterol levels? Do the levels keeps on fluctuating? How to lower high cholesterol levels. Pls suggest.
Iam 22 old male iam suffering late night sleep I will try go to bed sleep in 9 p. M but not sleep and anxiety pains in chest (not inner). And some times inner heart pain this is danger problem or causal problem please tell me know (History gas problem. Please tell me emergency problem or not? And natural tips for sleep and anxiety.
I have chest pain since 10 months my ECG report and chest x Ray is normal now days my right hand ring finger is pain I think it like my nurvey is pain what is the reason for this Also ok suggest me what is the cost for stress cardiogram Test.
Planter in heel or spur is often treated with a steroid injection, what's are the side effects of such injections? What are other treatments?
Ayurveda has remedies that can help you control cholesterol and improve heart health.
Cholesterol is something that the body needs to build and maintain cellular health. Technically it is known as a lipid and is a fatty or wax-like material that circulates in the bloodstream.
There are two kinds of cholesterol, and you have probably already heard about them, but they are:
LDL - this is the "bad" cholesterol that can cling to arterial walls and create blockages that result in strokes and heart attacks.
HDL - this is the good type that is going to actually protect you from heart disease.
We get cholesterol from our foods, but our bodies can also make it too. Hence this leads to high levels of cholesterol in the arteries.
In ayurveda- certain herbs, ayurvedic treatments and remedies can lower high cholesterol. These are:
- Garlic: Garlic is the most common herb that is used in Indian cooking and no dish tastes the same without it. Having two to three garlic cloves a day can break down bad cholesterol and free it from the arterial walls.
- Coriander: This green herb adds freshness, flavour and colour to any meal. Coriander is a diuretic that will flush out waste and even excess cholesterol.
- Tulsi: Tulsi disintegrates cholesterol from the arteries and washes it from the body.
- Guggul : Guggul is a sap from the Mukul myrrh tree. There are several products made from Guggul that helps to reduce high cholesterol.
- Arjuna or Terminalia Arjuna: Arjuna’s white bark has medicinal properties that dissolve cholesterol from the arteries.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hi I have a high bp problem and the cholesterol also. But I want to join gym. Want to take weight. I will do cardio also but little bit. So can I join gym.
I got back pain or chest pain whenever I used to take or shift any heavy thing from one place to another. What should I do ?
Hello Dr. I am 51 years old male, nor over weight. Has been using Stanlip 145, Storvas 40, Cerevin 75, one tab each per day. I am interested to know the side affects. And would I be able to take 20 mg Storvas or any other single tablet substitute to control cholestorol and lipid profile. Thanks,
Last year i was diagnosed with hypertension 150/90 and my age is 25 now.. Dr gvs me Amcard AT . After few months i relize some sideeffect. Like heart palplation , dizziness and anxity.. i want to quit these drug .. help me
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.