Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T Venugopal Rao
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. T Venugopal RaoYour feedback matters!
Dr. Jitendra Waghmare
V good knowledge and perfect medicine advice. Thank u
Dr. T Venugopal Rao is the founder of Ojus Ayurvedic Clinic. He is a very dedicated Ayurvedic physician with a great interest in promoting the science of Ayurveda round the world. He is able to manage challengeable diseases. He is really so careful about his patients & well known to give satisfaction to them. He is not only a good doctor but but he is a very loving father of his daughters Priya & Shreya. I'm proud to say he is my Uncle & I truly support his efforts and caring heart. He can be Brand Ambassador of Ayurveda.
One of the best Ayurvedic Doctors in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
If you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is in turn is supported by your thighs.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Erectile dysfunction can severely limit life’s simple pleasures. It may also cause strife in one’s marital life and be a cause for social embarrassment and low self-esteem. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction According to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction is usually caused due to a number of factors which include lifestyle habits, physical as well as psychological issues. Defects within the spinal cord, injuries or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An overly abusive childhood or sex associated with guilt may also be responsible. In Ayurveda, the disorder is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this, may, thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How can Ayurveda help cure ED?
According to Ayurveda, ED is basically a condition of low vitality. Generally, vitiation of vata dosha is responsible for Klaibya or ED. On the basis of the cause, seven types of Klaibya are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts, e.g. Manasik klaibya is caused by psychological factors, Doshaj klaibya is caused by physiological factors, Shukrakshayaj is caused by deficiency of Shukra dhatu, Vyadhi is cause by some other disease like diabetes, Aghataj is caused by surgical or accidental trauma, Shukranirodhaj is caused by suppression of sexual urge and Sahaj means congenital.
Ayurveda takes a more holistic approach. The exact combination of the methods and the exact implementation chosen may vary according to the specific causes.
- Vajikarana therapy – This is a holistic cleansing process that aims to correct the bodily faults which might have been causing ED. It includes certain processes, such as controlled regurgitation, to flush out toxins from the body, specially designed Ayurvedic massages, a tailor made diet, and various other herbal concoctions which can rejuvenate one’s vitality.
- Specified drugs to correct ED – Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective as well; both in the form of special Ayurvedic medicine or home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Bringing in lifestyle modifications – Drinking excessively, smoking and consuming junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as other imbalances within the body. These may affect pressure or sugar levels in your body as well as the heart’s condition, thus resulting in ED. Ayurveda requires one to cut down on or quit certain habits related to one’s lifestyle which might be causing ED.
- Yoga and meditation – Regular exercises would definitely help in this regard. Meditation and yoga would thus be an integral part of the treatment process.
A lot of smokers now are well aware of the dangers of smoking, but yet they find it hard to quit this habit. In fact, even repeated attempts to quit smoking fail after a few days as they tend to give in to a variety of withdrawal symptoms. In case you are searching for a permanent solution to de-focus and avoid tobacco intake, yoga is the way to venture out of the smoke and free yourself of the addiction.
Compelling well-being programs that plan to improve people and bring back their focus on things that help them lead a solid and happy life can be sought. In this manner, their friends and families get a chance to inhale fresh air as well. Yoga is one such measure which can be used.
Here are a couple of yoga poses that are helpful in getting rid of tobacco addiction:
- Kapal bhati pranayama (skull shining breathing procedure): This asana tends to enhance the blood flow, improve the sensory system, restore brain cells and quiet the mind. This pranayama likewise clears the nadis (the energy channels) and fights the temptation of smoking.
- Nadi shodhan pranayama (alternate nostril breathing procedure): Discharge accumulated stress, quiet your brain, sanitise and adjust your naadis (unobtrusive energy channels) with this pranayama. The nadi shodhan pranayama works effectively for some respiratory problems and helps you cope with your addiction of tobacco.
- Bhujanagasana (cobra posture): The cobra posture improves blood circulation and expands your abdomen. It lessens exhaustion and is additionally useful for people with respiratory illnesses. This yoga acts as a stress reliever and minimises the desire of smoking.
- Setu bandhasana (bridge posture): The bridge posture opens up the lungs and enhances the supply of oxygen to the body. It additionally extends different parts of the body, quiets the mind, diminishes tension, depression and stress, which keeps you far from smoking.
- Shishuasana (child posture): The child posture unwinds the body, quiets down the nervous system and eases the body from stress.
- Trikonasana (triangle posture): The triangle posture extends and strengthens different parts of the body. This yoga pose is an extremely powerful physical and mental balance for the body. It also diminishes nervousness and stress, and helps you fight the desire of tobacco.
- Sarvangasana (bear stand): The shoulder stand supplies the mind with more blood and also calms it down. It additionally mitigates stress and misery, thereby killing the desire of smoking.
- Shavasana (corpse posture): The corpse stance should be performed last as it releases the body into a profound, reflective condition of rest and alleviates tension. This yoga posture restores the body and diminishes stress and tension.
Yoga is a very beneficial form of releasing stress and tension as well as your addictions. It takes a long time to show results but the results are long-lasting and highly effective.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries, although, it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds, vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of Aloe Vera include the following,
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: Aloe Vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found in aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: Aloe Vera can also be used as a topical medicine, by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe Vera is the first FDA approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: Tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called Candida albicans and bacterium named Streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: Most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: The latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: Topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: There was a time when aloe vera was used as a remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Well! We have heard so many good things about milk in commercials. Have we ever sat and thought through the real benefits of milk? Apart from being a healthy drink and the backbone of the dairy industry, this calcium-rich drink has innumerable benefits. In this article, we will discuss some not so known pros of milk:
- Complexion: If you want your complexion to lighten, instead of buying cosmetics, drinking 2 glasses of milk will fetch more benefits. Milk helps the skin to supple, glow and soft. Owing to its countless nutrients and vitamin contents, milk can be your best friend, if you are seeking a fair complexion.
- Strong Teeth: Being a tremendous source of Calcium, consumption of milk ensures strong teeth and help a person refrain from the decay of tooth and cavities. Care should be taken that Vitamin D is also consumed along with milk. The former helps the body to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Bones: Bone health and milk has a direct co-relation. It is, therefore, advised that kids consume milk to ensure proper growth. In the case of an adult, milk makes the bone strong and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis. A daily serving of one glass should do the trick for any individual.
- Weight Loss: Studies in the past have shown that women who consume milk daily can shed weight quicker compared to those who do not drink milk. A glass of milk can be drunk as a fulfilling appetizer, evening snack etc. It makes sense that milk is drunk during the night just before sleep.
- Stress Reduction: A study conducted by the Stamford Medical School in the year 2002 revealed that a warm glass of milk can go a long way in relieving stress. Daily consumption of milk after a hard day’s work can not only relax the nerves but calms the mind as well.
- Energy Buster: While milk is a great health drink, one can always turn to it when the body needs an energy boost. Milk can instantly revitalize the body. It is advisable that an ice-cold glass of milk should be consumed when there is a need for instant body revitalization.
- Eliminator of Diseases: There have been countless studies performed over the last few decades about the health benefits of milk and its capability to fight critical diseases. For instance, milk can mitigate the risk of strokes, keep blood pressure down, reduce cholesterol production of the liver, improve the eyesight, negates the chances of many types of cancer etc.
To ensure that the general health of the body is maintained, consumption of a tall glass of milk is necessary. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Take equal quantity of herbs named lodhra and vacha. Add sufficient water to make a paste. Apply over pimples. Keep for 15 minutes then wash with warm water. Do this for 2 weeks.