Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T. Manmadha RaoYour feedback matters!
Bronchitis is basically an infection in the bronchial tubes. The bronchial tubes which basically carry air to your lungs sometimes get infected due to cold or flu. That's when you tend to develop the infection in the mucous membranes of the bronchial tubes known as bronchitis.
Symptoms of bronchitis
The basic symptoms of bronchitis include:
- Intense coughing
- Feeling of discomfort in chest
- Shortness of breath
- Blocked nose, headache
- Low fever
- Body aching
Types of bronchitis
Bronchitis can be of two types:
- Acute bronchitis: Acute bronchitis is generally a viral infection. It causes coughing up mucus, sore throat, shortness of breath and fever. Generally acute bronchitis stays for a week or less. Acute bronchitis is caused by bacteria or viruses. Apart from this, irritants, fumes, dusts are also responsible for causing bronchitis.
- Chronic bronchitis: Chronic bronchitis is much more severe than acute bronchitis. It causes persistent cough with mucus, breathing difficulties, fever etc. It can last till 1-2 years depending on its severity. The symptoms may get worse if not treated properly. Chronic bronchitis might turn to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease if it occurs with pulmonary emphysema. Chronic bronchitis can be caused due to irritation of the airway tissues and lungs. But the most common reason behind chronic bronchitis is smoking. Apart from these, repeated acute bronchitis can also cause long-term chronic bronchitis.
Treating bronchitis with homeopathy
Homeopathy is one of the holistic ways of treating bronchitis. Decades of research has established homeopathy as one of the most effective and safest treatments. Bronchitis can be cured and the symptoms can be reduced with the homeopathic treatment.
- Arsenic Album: Arsenic Album is one of the best medicines for treating bronchitis. It is more effective in treating bronchitis which is combined with severe weakness.
- Bryonia: This is another effective medicine for bronchitis. This is more effective when there is severe cough with mucus, chest pain while coughing, body ache, sore throat etc. Patients with such symptoms are prescribed bryonia.
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed in two phases of bronchitis. It is mostly prescribed to the young infants or the older people. This is prescribed when the patient suffers from wheezing, chest pain, coughing up mucus, vomiting etc.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is great for treating chronic bronchitis. It is a great remedy for treating severe cough, breathing difficulties, severe chest pain and breathing attacks.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an effective remedy for treating chronic bronchitis. This remedy works best for chronic bronchitis with nausea, vomiting and severe cough with mucus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having asthma, taking cipmox 500 by cipla, paracetamol by cipla and mysolon m4, dose misses, uneasiness increases, please guide Lybrate. I am 34, male.
Asthma is a common breathing problem that many people face. There are different types of asthma, but the two major ones are allergies occurring due to occupational hazards. Asthma is treatable with puffs and regular check-ups. One needs to ensure that the blood pressure and stress levels are low so that they do not aggravate the condition further. Medicines and puffs are the two common treatment methods when it comes to asthma. But have you wondered whether asthma can be treated using homeopathy? Many patients have approached homeopathic doctors for treating their asthmatic problems through an alternate form of medicine.
Here are some ways of treating Asthma with Homeopathy.
General line of treatment: Homeopathy, as it is understood, tries to cure the problem instead of providing momentary relief. Thus, while trying to diagnose the causes and come up with an effective remedy, the homeopath would not only take down details of your asthma and allergies but also that of your family and their medical history. At times, it is genetic and can have its causes and remedies linked to the family’s medical history.
In addition, the homeopath would be of the opinion that any disease first manifests itself through the less vital organs like the skin. But if its manifestation is somehow suppressed, then it spreads to the vital organs like the lungs and the heart. Thus, having a record of the skin diseases is also crucial in treating asthma.
At times, in children, it is seen that asthma is preceded by eczema. In fact, while continuing with the homeopathic treatment after the asthma is cured, eczema reappears for sometime. This process is called reversal of symptoms and is actually a good sign of healing. Eczema ultimately disappears after a while leaving no traces of asthma and the skin disease on the formerly affected individual.
Medicines: Homeopathic treatment also requires the doctor to prescribe some medicines to the patients. This is done only after taking note of one’s medical history, specific allergies, family medical history and other important details. These medicines do not have any side effects as they are naturally sourced. Some of these medicines are spongia, ignatia and ipecac.
Thus, asthma is very much treatable using the homeopathic course of treatment. If homeopathy suits you as a form of treatment, then it is the natural and best way to treat any medical problem that you are suffering from. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!