Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surapaneni Rao
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surapaneni RaoYour feedback matters!
I am losing my hair quickly and I tried all the shapoo. But it did not stop my hair fall. please suggest me what should I do.
Hello! I am jaysleen 18ears old and I have acne for one year and scars are not going away. What should I do?
I am hair problem from last 10 years please suggest something for me if I start a treatment hair grows back and then started to fall automatically after sometime.
While intercourse my foreskin near nerve feels burning as if it will start bleeding. We both had medical checkup. Found I have soft skin so it rubs gets burning. Do you have any solution for the same.
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below.
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely.
I have a dark circle n my face looking ugle. Becose of under eye, I used cream like himalaya under eye n I taking vitamin e capsule but not effective still m facing dark circle so is there any best remedy to remove it. Plzz suggest me.
I seemed to have developed some kind of skin rash, after having beef. I think that might be the reason behind this, Rashes are more at the joints n area irritating,
My Wife is feeding her first baby since 3 months, from past few days she is suffering from nipple rash due to sucking of baby, could you please prescribe a Cream for Quick relief? THANKS.
I am 30 y old. Some time my body get heated and skin will turn to black. What should I do for reduce body heat. And look fairer. Thanks in advance.
Lybrate | Dr. Bhargavi Chadalavada speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Sir, since last 14 months I suffering from ringworm, I taken treatment with terbinafine lotion & itraconazole capsule 100 mg twice a day for 2 months, its cured but after 15 days it appear again with many body parts and big patches again treated with terbinafine 150 mg tab for 8 weeks but same problem persists again it cured but appear again & again. I'am harassed now please give me the way.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. Can you please help me with this.
I have open pores on chin nose n cheeks because of oil. What should I so. Its looks so ugly please help.
Hello, Can you please suggest how can I prevent hairloss. As I am pure vegetarian can't eat egg. please suggest.
Puberty brings hormonal changes which affect the body in a number of ways and the skin is one of the main affected organs. While acne is the more common issue, there are also other lesser known skin lesions, which can bother teenagers. The less common trichoepithelioma is one such disease.
In this health condition, multiple hair follicle tumors are seen on the face after attainment of puberty. These are benign, but not very common. They form small hair shafts, but do not develop into full fledged hair follicles. While the exact cause of these lesions is not identified, they are related to a syndrome called Brooke-Spielger Syndrome. There is also a genetic component where the CYLD gene is affected, and the proteins required for self-protection of the skin are missing. There is also a theory which states this condition to be an autosomal dominant condition. In such a scenario, multiple lesions are seen, and it is also the most common variant of the disease.
The lesions are small, less than 1 cm, isolated, firm, round, and shiny. Their color can vary from brown, to blue, yellow, or pink. The face is first affected, starting from the cheeks, and then slowly moving to the eyelids, and the nose. Multiple lesions are easier to diagnose, while individual lesions can be confused with basal cell carcinoma. The lesions grow very slowly and when multiple lesions are present, they can cause aesthetic concerns. There could be ulceration and recurrence in these patients. The genetically correlated ones have a higher incidence of aggressive behavior both in terms of severity of the lesions and the rate of recurrence.
Treatment: Though they are benign, aesthetic concerns may mandate treatment. The treatment is usually multipronged and includes the following genetic counseling, drug therapy (mostly topical creams and lotions), and minor invasive procedures.
- The best solution is to let them run their natural course, as they usually subside with age, both in terms of numbers and the severity of the lesions.
- Dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser is useful in improving facial appearance too.
- In more severe cases, surgical removal may be done, which is partial and does not cover the entire depth of the lesion.
- However, in some cases, if there is a concern for malignancy, the lesions are completely excised (excision biopsy) and then sent for biopsy to confirm their benign nature.
Trichoepithelioma is also known by the name hereditary multiple benign cystic epithelioma, which explains the nature of the disease quite well. Other than cosmetic concerns, more so because if affects females, these are harmless in nature. But a detailed discussion with your dermatologist is suggested to confirm the state of the condition.