Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Supritha Reddy
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Supritha ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hello, I want to cure my melasma or hyperpigmentation on face using homeopathy can anyone tell me any medicine on thatlike face wash face cream cleanser etc. I used kojic acid and hydroquinone creams they are quick response but not effective.
Suffering from pimple problem mostly on upper part of face (matha) It is little paining How to cure it.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in b-estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily skin: testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial hair: some women show the development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging skin and wrinkles: decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. Uv rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning epidermis: this leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / age spots: melanin production is tampered.
How to fight against it
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum spf30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. Helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
- Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
I had a FUT transplant done 45 days back. Hair starting falling from the second week itself. As of now 80% of the hair have fallen. I had a follow with the doctor he said now they will start growing. But I do not see new hair coming out. The area where hair have fallen is like a clean scalp with no growth. Normally when we shave our head, the hair starts growing next itself. What should I do?
Sir how can I remove stitches marks from my forehead, it is 5 year old stitches marks. Suggest me some treatments, medical cream or lotion and home made remedies. Thanks.
Lybrate | Dr Himanshi Maru speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY