Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years old now. At the age of 38yrs Multiple tumors removed by open surgery.Tumors re appeared and caused heavy Bleeding and weight loss. CT Scan and peptest confirmed benign tumors and Menopause started since last six months there was no period and Bleeding due to constant care of Doctor. May I avoid removal of Uterus with tumors and live normal life with out any harm in future?
You will seldom come across a person who does not like to eat. Nothing can be more satisfying than binging on your favorite cuisine. Though the choice of food may differ from individuals to individuals, most of us live to eat. It is not without reason that food is considered a fuel that gets the body going, enabling us to carry on with our daily chores. While hot, spicy and fast foods are what most of us crave for, one cannot ignore the health benefits of a balanced and nutritious diet. A diet enriched with the essential nutrients can play a significant role to keep the vital organs of the body fit and healthy.
Importance of a healthy and nutritious diet
A nutritious diet plays a pivotal role in maintaining the well-being of the body. From eyes to heart, it takes care of almost everything. Mentioned below are some of the food items that should be a part of your diet.
- Fruits: The health benefits of fruits deserve no special mention. Apple, banana, citrus fruits, berries, kiwi, guava, most of the fruits are laden with vitamins and minerals and go a long way to build the immunity and resistance of the body against various diseases and infections.
- Vegetables: A diet without vegetables is anything but healthy. From antioxidants (mostly dark green vegetables) to omega-3 fatty acids, minerals to dietary fibers, incorporating vegetables in the diet takes care of most of the nutritional requirements of the body.
- Meat: Equally important are animal products which include meat (chicken, lamb, crab, goat, duck, to name a few), fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna, tilapia, sardine, basa, to name a few), fish oil. Most of these are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals necessary for the overall growth of the body.
- Milk and dairy products: Milk, cheese, butter, curd, ghee, being an excellent source of calcium, vitamin, minerals, fats, proteins, should be included in the diet.
- Oils: One cannot miss out on the various benefits of ghee, especially of cow, mustard oil, coconut oil & olive oil and other healthy vegetable oils, such as sesame oil, rice bran oil, flaxseed oil to name a few, that are rich in nutrients including Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cereals: The nutritive value of cereals (oats, rye, wheat, quinoa, rice) and pulses (black gram, lentils, chickpea, groundnuts) are also immense.
- Herbs & spices: The herbs and spices that make food more palatable are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
Unhealthy habits to avoid after eating food
There are certain unhealthy habits which when done immediately after eating food will do the body more harm than good. Some of these include:
- For a proper digestion of food, never take a nap soon after the meal.
- Taking a shower immediately after having food will also affect the digestion process.
- Many of us have a habit of drinking tea after a meal. However, it is an unhealthy practice that can interfere with both the digestion of food as well as with the absorption of iron.
- Eating fruits immediately after a meal will also affect the digestion of food.
- Smoking after a meal is an extremely unhealthy practice.
Consult an expert and plan a healthy diet for yourself to stay fit always,
I got my period on 8th of this month which is 10 days early to my original period date .I'm still bleeding it's been 12 days .but the bleeding is not heavy. I had sexual intercourse last month on September on 10th and had got my periods immediately on 16th of September. The problem is I got my periods early this time and it's been 14 days I'm still bleeding .I took a pregnancy test it's negative. What should I do to stop my periods please help asap.
Maintaining proper vaginal hygiene is imperative to ward off any sort of STD or STI, even before any sort of irritation, infection or disease occurs. The normal vaginal pH balance helps cater to the growth of useful bacteria. Some useful tips to maintain proper vaginal hygiene can be:
Douching (spraying a mixture of water, baking soda, vinegar or iodine on the vaginal area) is strictly discouraged. It can interfere with the normal pH levels of the vagina and can make the area extremely acidic, which sets the stage for the growth of bacterial infections.
A balanced, healthy, nutritious diet is recommended for a healthy vagina as well as for good reproductive health. Certain fluids such as cranberry juice can help prevent the onset of any yeast infection.
Safe sex should be practised in order to keep harmful bacteria away. Using a condom during a sexual intercourse helps prevent the occurrence of any sort of STI or STD.
Gynaecological check-ups should be done every four months or so to be on the safe side regarding any doubts about unhealthy vagina. Prevention is always better than cure in the long run.
Petroleum jelly should not be used for lubrication during sexual intercourse as such fluids tend to damage the latex in the condom and may even lead to a possible infection.
Clothes should be chosen carefully to keep the vaginal area clean and dry. Cotton underwear is generally the best option in this regard as it can help prevent any bacterial infection by keeping the area clean and dry.
Certain simple sanitary habits such as changing of tampons or sanitary pads every four hour during one’s periods, proper washing of the genital area after relieving the bowels, can go a long way in nurturing the health of the vagina.
Opt for gentle skin care products to wash the vaginal area as that area is extremely sensitive. Avoid scrubbing the vaginal area as well.
What is the best time to have sex with my partner to avoid accidental pregnancy? Please answer with reference to MC in detail? Thank you.
My wife is having menses for 2times in a month. The doctors said she has infection and took some medicines. After that it is okay. But now after 4months of marriage life we are still waiting for baby. What reason she still not in pregnancy stage.
My mother has tumor in her breast and doctor says operation. But she is not ready for that is their any other way?
I used two condoms each time while having sex can I get pregnant? Moreover he did not ejaculated inside me.
Although STDs are capable of affecting both genders, the impact on men and women is different. In women, this problem can cause long-term issues such as infertility in women. Although most STDs can be readily treated as soon as the symptoms surface, some cases might not throw up any symptom. Some of the curable STDs that can affect women are discussed below:
Gonorrhoea: This STD is caused by bacteria living in mucous membranes of the vagina, urethra, mouth, rectum and eyes and is capable of spreading through contact. The symptoms in women include excessive discharge from the vagina, abdominal cramps, pain in the pelvic region and bleeding from the vagina after sex.
Chlamydia: This STD is a result of a bacterial infection of ‘Chlamydia trachomatis’. Symptoms in females include burning sensation during urination, unusual vaginal discharge and bleeding between periods. Without treatment, the infection might spread to the urinary tract which could potentially cause PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) which is capable of causing problems in pregnancy and even infertility.
Genital Herpes: Genital herpes is generally caused by the herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) or the herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1). The virus is commonly known to be the chief cause of cold sores. Symptoms may appear soon after infection and usually are severe. This includes blisters, which turn into raw and painful sores that scab and heal over time. This might be accompanied by swollen lymph nodes and fever.
Chancroid: This infection is caused by the bacterium ‘Haemophilus Ducreyi’. It occurs most commonly in the vulva (the female external genital organ that includes the clitoris, labia as well as the opening of the vagina). The condition starts out as a tender lump that appears during the incubation period after intercourse. The incubation period generally ranges between 3-10 days. The bump turns into an ulcer i.e. an open sore, due to the death of the cells. This is usually painful.
Syphilis: It is caused by the bacterium ‘Treponema pallidum’ and the disease mainly occurs if you have sexual intercourse without any protection, that too with multiple sexual partners. The other mode of infection is blood transfusion. Symptoms of Syphilis include appearance of ulcers around the genitals or the oral region known as a chancre, severe rashes around the hand or feet coupled with other symptoms of mild fever, headache, throat pain and immense fatigue.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!