Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sultana AbidaYour feedback matters!
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
I am 25 years old and my period is delayed by 10 days last period was also lighter than normal although I am not having any kind of discomfort like nausea and all what should I do?
COPD, short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is an inflammatory disease of the lungs. The disease obstructs the flow of air in the lungs and subsequently causes difficulty in breathing. Prolonged exposure to cigarette smoke, gases or particulate matter can lead to this condition. The condition transcends all age brackets meaning it can affect anyone from young teenagers to aged adults. People who contract this disease are at an increased likelihood of developing cardiovascular conditions and lung diseases, in addition to a horde of other conditions.
Causes of COPD
1. The chief cause of COPD is smoking tobacco and being subjected to fumes from cooking and heating. A study estimated that in and around 25% of long-standing smokers develop symptoms of this condition. Yet, statistics show that COPD is often misdiagnosed until an elaborate evaluation is diagnosed.
2. Conditions like Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are also known to cause the disease. Your lungs depend on the intrinsic elasticity of the air sacs and bronchial tubes that help facilitate the passage of air through the lungs. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease causes these passages to lose their elasticity thus rendering them partially ineffective.
Symptoms of COPD
The symptoms of COPD do not appear until the lungs are significantly damaged and the condition tends to deteriorate if smoking persists. Apart from coughing and production of sputum, other apparent symptoms include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stiffness and tightness of chest
- A persistent cough
- Fatigue and weakness
- Weight loss
- Frequent allergic reactions of the respiratory glands
Along with the aforementioned symptoms, patients who are diagnosed with COPD are likely to experience bouts of exacerbation, during which their symptoms heighten and tend to grow worse for several days.
Although anyone can contract the condition, certain people are at an increased risk of condition. Such risk factors include:
- Chronic smoking
- A medical history of asthma
- Exposure to chemicals and dusts
- Weakening of the immune system with increasing age
If you experience or entertain symptoms or suspicions of this disease, consulting a pulmonologist is duly advised.
I have regular bleeding from many days and doctor says take menoreg syrup n gynar cvp does it helps?
Me and My girlfriend had protected sex last month several times. Her periods are supposed to start by 20th of this month but today is almost 10 days she had her periods. We have also checked hcg pregnancy test with early morning urine sample but shows negative. What to do in this case.
My bf use sometimes his fingers to rub my clitoris. Insert his fingers to my vagina. Problem is now I'm addict to this. Is this causes any side effects? How can control it. Please help.
I'm women 30 years married on last year I got one missed abortion on 3rd month after the abortion I getting a kind of urinary infections every month. Initially urine will get smelled in panties after two days will get watery discharge later bleeding like periods for four to five days. I gone to doctor. He gave me norflox 400 I having very month this problem. That to after periods gets over after a week. And I have pcod past 6 yrs. Im height is 5.5 feet wgt : 76 kg for past 4-6 yrs.help me please
Does just by touching her vagina by penis and inserting a tip of penis for 10-15 sec in her 3 rd day of period can occur pregnancy?
My wife 27 old O- blood group Was pregnant of 3 month. During routine check up doctor said baby is not develop and there no heartbeat due to virus (Rubella Igb, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes simplex virus) infection. So we have done abortion. Now please guide when to go for next pregnancy and what proper care should be taken not to happen again.
My wife after treatment of Anti TB Tab Of Genital TB and Cocieve a baby but after 2.5 year her menestraol period is geting distrub but after taking harmon tab menostrol period start after 40 to 45 days.Please consult me
1) rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
I am 30 years women trying to 2nd baby. My gynic prescribed clofert 100 in my cycle 3rd day to 7th day. My period is late but no symptoms of pregnancy .only my stomach is bloating. Any chances to get pregnancy?
I am 5th month pregnant and 20 year old. This is my first time pregnancy. For last 15 days my breast are itching. To get relief I pressed and itches. I want to know is it okay to pressed or itching? Or should I take some medicine. please guide me.
Doc Cousin have miscarriage N first time me bahut bleeding hui, Fir ab period date ane me 7-8 weeks lage n abi firse heavy bleeding ho rai hai continuously 5 din se ho rahi hai Thick blood. Pain bhi bahut hai puri body mein N weekness aa gai hai To kya karna chahiye Medication ya koi suggestion please Jisse complete clean ho jaye andar se Ya kuch bleeding k lye Aur kab tak ese hoga Normal periods kab honge?
What do I do to get pregnant. I received my menstruation periods 23rd November and my menstruation cycle is 28days. What are the most fertile days for me to conceive. Thanks.
Hi, I am 22 years old unmarried woman I have missed menstruation by the past 2 months. Why is it so? Please advice
Right from childhood, we've been told to never walk barefoot, lest we hurt our feet. And, that is right. However, it is advised to walk barefoot for just five minutes a day, every day. You can make sure that the area you are walking on is clean and clear, so that you don't hurt your feet.
When you walk barefoot the points on your feet, which are connected to particular organs of our body and walking barefoot, massaged/exercised those points. However, with shoes, that doesn't happen much.
To walk barefoot, select a clear ground which is not uneven or difficult to walk on. While you can walk for longer times too, five minutes is the bare minimum that is needed. This performs a natural acupressure.
Let's take the right foot first. The thumb has the energy level point, the fore finger has the stress point, hypertension in the middle finger, the fourth finger is for pms and the little finger is for chronic muscle, joint pain & other types of pain. Applying pressure on the heel of the right foot helps cure sleep disturbances and even sleep apnea.
The heel of the left foot is related to the activity and response of the immune system. The thumb controls the heart rate variability, the fore finger controls rheumatoid arthritis, applying pressure on the middle finger helps control fasting glucose levels among diabetics, the fourth finger is for respite from primary indicators of osteoporosis and the little finger is for respiratory conditions.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.