Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SujithaYour feedback matters!
I, 32 years old, actually I open coca cola bottle from mouth, by chance it slip from the mouth and hit to teeth and chin, little swelling at chin and front down teeth is paining, what should I do?
Ulcer problem every time in my mouth ulcer is observed after tongue n cheek cut by my teeth those place ulcer make.
My mouth is smelling bad even after brushing twice daily with doctors advice. How do I stop bad smell?
I have severe mouth ulcers above portion of tongue. It is paining allot I am not able to eat or drink having mild fever .3-4 ulcers full red and painful.
Oral-Systemic health connection:
1.86% of women brush twice daily or more, 66% of men brush daily or more. Does this surprise you?
2. It has been found that brushing for most people removes plaque between 28-52%.
3.12% of people floss daily.
4. It is recommended to brush 2x a day, see a dentist 2x a year, floss 1x a day, & replace your toothbrush 3 to 4x a year.
5. People with dental insurance are more likely to visit the dentist than those without dental insurance.
6. Tongue cleaning with a tongue scraper is proven to help reduce heart attacks, pneumonia, premature births, diabetes, osteoporosis, & infertility in men.
7. Flossing once a day can increase your life expectancy by 6 years.
My 6 year old daughter having bed smell problem from mouth at time of wake up in morning. Please guide us for solve this problem.
Remember the sensation similar to that of a warm liquid flooding your tongue when you smell a deliciously baked chocolate cake? Or a freshly baked brown bread early in the morning? That is your saliva. The salivary glands present in the inner linings of the lips, cheeks and the mouth produce saliva. Saliva protects one from tooth decay, keeps the mouth moist and helps in the digestive process. Any disease that affects the saliva gland comes under the domain of ‘salivary gland disorders’.
There are three salivary glands in humans known as the Submandibular, Parotid and the Sublingual gland. The most common disorder that affects salivary glands is that of ‘blocked salivary glands’. Sialothiasis is a disorder wherein, calcium stones are formed in the salivary glands, which obstruct these glands. Obstruction of the salivary glands leads to an infection called sialadenitis, caused by strep or staph bacteria.
Sjogren’s syndrome is another condition which affects the salivary glands. In this condition, the antibodies in the body target the cells that produce saliva. This occurs mostly in women who suffer from autoimmune disorders. Viral infections are also common; flu virus and mumps are a few examples.
The symptoms of salivary gland disorders are problem specific; for Sialolithiasis, you will feel a painful lump below the tongue, which tends to aggravate when you eat. In case of Sialadenitis, there will be an odorous pus-filled discharge along with a lump beneath the chin. For viral infections, the symptoms will include muscle pain, swelling and fever. Symptoms of Sjogren’s syndrome are dry eyes and mouth, joint pain, fatigue and tooth decay.
Like the symptoms, the treatments for salivary gland disorders are also problem specific. For salivary gland tumors, surgery is required. If it is a malignant tumor, then radiation therapy will be prescribed which may cause dry mouth syndrome (Xerostomia). For bacterial and viral infections, anti-bacterial and anti-viral medications are required for treatment, respectively. It is also important that you take good care of your oral health for an even more effective treatment. Brushing and flossing your teeth on a regular basis will help keep salivary gland disorders at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.
I am a diabetic patient, recently I had a dental treatment where I had some cuts inside tooth gums while fixing the dentures and I cannot talk in long pitch where I get slip of tongue if I speak for long. I feel pain at my ears as well.
When I brush in morning then a blood arise through my mouth and a little pain in my teeth every day. I tried most of toothpaste but no effect so sir ehat I do?
Muje lemon khane ya juice pine ke bad kuch khaya nahi jata or tooth me pain hota he. 2-4 din tak me kuch bhi nahi kha pata.
If there is starting cavity in any boby teeth. Then what should he do for it. Is he concerned to any doctor. There is no any type of pain in teeth or no any problem. This may be first stage of cavity.
I am 14 years old I have yellowish teeth I have done all home remedies but it is not becoming white. What should I do?
I have greenish teeth and some times I smoke. What type of medicines should I take for whiter teeth.
Hormonal changes in women increase senitivity and may also lead to the occurance of gingivitis.