Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudha Sinha
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha SinhaYour feedback matters!
What is the symptoms of breast cancer (Women) in rural area's of India and the precaution to avoid this?
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 21 years old (Male, one year back a small lump has been formed inside my right breast under aerola nd with medications it has vanished. And now the same thing started in left breast and I'm very much worried about it. When I tough it pains a lot. Its deviating my concentration and now I'm under medications. I don't know why it is happening. My thoughts are always on it and it I'm getting depressed with it. Im not knowing what to do can you help me? I mean why this occurs nd Doctor prescribed me antibiotic (TAXIM-O CV 200, pain killer (LYSER FORTE) and a vitamin tablet (EVION LC). Are these medications are enough? or else any further examinations are needed? please prescribe me The lump is of small size slightly hard under aerola.
I have been used to smoking from last 2years but before 6 month ago I quite smoking would like to know will I be suffering from cancer or can I control.
My father is suffereing from prostate gland problem and supposed to operate in pune but due to he had heart problem doctors avoided that. Can laser green tech help?
On 25.03.2017 my beloved mother already suffering from Cancer succumbed to Cerebral Thrombosis. I left no stone unturned for her medical treatment and strove to continue to she her alive for long. But I failed to fulfil my aim. She helped me in various ways and I respected her immensely. In her absence I am a fish without water - I mean to say that I have become very helpless and am thinking that only my death will give me relief. I am unable to forget my mother even for one percent. At this juncture what I should do? Please advise. Your advice in this respect will be highly solicited. - Pranab Kumar Sen.
What is skin cancer. What are its symptoms. What are the precautions to be taken by a person suffering from skin cancer?
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
- Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18. However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
- Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
- Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
- Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir my friend done a smoking daily& also other stuff. What is sign nd symptoms of cancer? Nd wt is precautions?
I have already undergone prostrate gland operation in 2006. Recent USG shows prostratomelagy. Please let me know the remedy to this problem. Twice or thrice there were clots of blood in the urine, but it has stopped now.
Cancer, the name itself sends chills down the spine! But every time we hear someone has cancer, though we feel sorry for them, we never think it could happen to us. But even though the probability of it may not be high at all, a disease that is rare can still hit you like a bolt from the blue! This is exactly the case with anal cancer, which is a very rare form of cancer. But, since the rates of its incidence are rising, it is well worth learning a few things about it.
Who is at Risk?
While it is unlikely that a person will contract anal cancer over the course of his life, asking himself a few questions about it so as to assess the risk he or she is at makes sense. To start off, age is an important factor. If a person is somewhere between middle age and old age, there is a far greater risk of anal cancer than a person who is not.
A person can easily reduce the risk of contracting anal cancer quite dramatically by doing something which is quite simple: refraining from anal sexual activity. This goes a rather long way as it means that a person is at a much lower risk of contracting HIV or HPV. HPV is far more common and affects most adults in sexual contact with each other. That being said, it is usually the type 16 variant of HPV which is linked to anal cancer. In order to reduce the chance of this, making good use of condoms is a very good idea but this does not eliminate the risk of transmission of HPV.
Smoking a cigarette may be great for a person to obtain a little bit of mental peace, but it has a really disastrous effect on the prospects of developing anal cancer at the same time. The chemicals that the body takes in are as harmful as they affect so many body tissues. There are many reasons to quit smoking but the fact that smokers have an eight time higher risk of developing anal cancer is probably among the good ones!
If a person is suffering from low immunity, it is quite possible that he or she is at a higher risk of developing the cancer, at least on a relative basis. This is because the ability of the body to fight back is lower. A person is especially weak after an organ transplant has taken place and if a person has HIV it further increases his or her risk of developing anal cancer.
Now, cutting the risk of anal cancer also involves possibly getting an HPV vaccination. The doctor is the person to talk to regarding this! When the risk of anal cancer is anyway minimal, it makes sense to cut it even further, by following a fit and healthy lifestyle. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mom had gone through with the first chemotherapy. She's suffering from cancer first stage. Saturday she came back from first chemotherapy, but she is having a unbearable pain on her lower part, both legs. She couldn't sleep even. Her face has been seeing. Please advise me.
My father is suffering from oesophagial cancer, now he is unable to eat or even drink anything since 25 days. What should we do, we r really worried, any suggestions will help, thnku in advance,
Hello sir my father have a prostate problem before 2 years lot of medicines he try but no improvement so what should he do.
Hello doctor, Actually from last 4-5 days my right side breast is paining when I checked I found ball type thing in my breast side and it's paining can you please tell me it's a symptoms of breast cancer or something else. Kindly advice .thank you.
Radiation therapy is one of the most important tools to combat cancer. However, conventional radiation therapy is long course (usually 6 to 7 weeks) treatment and may have severe acute side effects including skin and mucosal reactions, diarrhea, feeding difficulties and others. Higher dose radiation is also not possible to deliver due to limitations related to toxicities. CyberKnife is a precise radiation therapy technique by which high dose radiation therapy can be delivered only to the tumor and minimal dose to the normal structures.
- CyberKnife treatment is a short course treatment (usually only one to 5 days) and have no or minimal side effects. Many tumors which are ‘resistant’ to conventional radiation are ‘sensitive’ to high dose radiation delivered by CyberKnife. “CyberKnife has unique system that it can track moving tumors and treat them with immaculate accuracy”. Tumors in moving organs such as lung and liver can be treated most effectively CyberKnife. Dr Debnarayan Dutta, Consultant in Radiation Oncology at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai commented “there are few tumors which were thought to be not treatable are now being treated successfully with CyberKnife”.
- Master ShreeVaishnav, a 6 year old boy from Kerala suffering with choroidal haemangioma (eye lesion) had vision loss in both the eyes, he was referred from Sankar Netralaya for treatment. He was treated with CyberKnife and at 2 months follow up evaluation his vision had dramatically improved. “We are thankful to Dr Dutta for giving vision back to my son” told Shree Vaishnav’s father who was elated about CyberKnife. “CyberKnife has opened a modern and effective option for these diseases and we are happy with the result” said Dr Prativa Mishra, eye specialist involved in Shree Vaishnav’s treatment.
- CyberKnife is a revolution in cancer treatment; it provides effective, short course, minimal toxic and high dose treatment in brain, lung, liver, pancreas, prostate, head and neck and many other tumors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.