Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
2 weeks back my baby was doing watery stools 10 - 15 times. We have shown her to pediatrician She has given her walamycin, enterogermina, gastric, zinc drops but still she is doing 6 -7 soft stools not watery per day. Pediatrician recommended to stop breastfeeding completely because according to her baby has milk indigestion and she recommended lactose free milk isomil but baby is not taking formula milk accept mothers milk. So please suggest.
If your child has become increasingly addicted to sweets and other sugary items, this addiction can lead to certain behavioral problems (like mood swings, irritability, anger, etc) in children. Moreover, a high sugar intake can lead to your child falling prey to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Here's what you can do to break your child's indulgent habits and wean him from ill-health causing culprits like cakes, ice creams, candies, chocolates and rich and creamy desserts etc.
1. Practice what you preach -
In order to develop healthy eating habits in your child, it is imperative for you as a parent to lead by example. When it comes to weaning your child from sugary foods and sweets, you yourself should limit your intake. So, if you tell your child to avoid sweets but love sweets yourself, you'd be setting a bad example by eating them yourself and not letting your child have them. The best thing to do is to be a role model to your child as children learn everything from their parents.
2. Curb consumption of sugar by deferring intake to a later date -
Instead of depriving your child completely, it would prove to be more useful to tell them that they could have sweets on some other day. This is because if you deny him his indulgence, your child would invariably go on an eating spree the moment an opportunity arises. A study on a group of restrained eaters and non-diet individuals revealed that restrained eaters were found to consume more food than the non-dieting individuals. Not knowing when they could have their favourite foods again, they went on an eating spree.
Make frequent yet small offerings of sweets while explaining to him the importance of moderation and why he/she shouldn't overindulge but space out sugar intake.
3. Try the 90/10 rule -
Teaching older children the 90/10 principle is another sure-shot way of breaking your child?'s addiction to sweets. The rule calls for 90% of the diet to be made up of healthy food with the remaining 10% being devoted to foods your child wants to indulge in such as junk food, sweets or foods with high sugar content. The total calorie intake that arises from consumption of about 10% or 1-2 fun foods is only about 100-200 calories everyday.
4. Present your child with healthy alternatives to sugary items -
The next time your child wants to indulge in his sugar craving, instead of giving a processed sugary food, give healthier sweet foods like dates, honey or a fresh sweet fruit.
My daughter aged 4 years is having cold and cough since 3 weeks. No fever. I am giving her medicines like cough syrup but with no use. Some days she looks absolutely fine but the other day she starts coughing badly. Mostly while sleeping she starts coughing badly. I am giving her asthalin syrup. But there is no relief. How to manage her cold and cough ?
My 5 month old baby suffering from running nose and cough while she is also on medicine for dysentery is WALAMYCIN and ENTEROGERMINA what can I do for her cough and running nose.
My baby 9 month old her eyes can not right left eye missing right position so we know the right doctor to concern with.?
This is extremely common in Indian babies. This appears as a blue-grey patch on the buttocks or the lower back. The patch can be quite large in size. They look unsightly, but apart from the cosmetic appearance, they do not cause any problems. Often parents confuse it with a bruise and see a dermatologist when it doesn?t settle down. This can be safely ignored and it may either disappear or become smaller with age.