Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subba Rao G V
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subba Rao G VYour feedback matters!
Hi all I am a mother of a month old boy and facing following problem while breast feeding. 1 My baby does not get satisfy completely after taking direct feed. I have to then pump the milk out and give it to him. After I bring him close to me he drinks little amount and then sleeps. After that when I make him sleep on his bed he wakes up and becomes cranky. So currently I am pumping out milk and feeding him 2. There is very less amount of milk that gets pumped out from left breast as compared to right one 3. Which food to intake to increase milk production 4. Does milk production reduces if I pump out the milk and feed instead of direct. Please help me out on this.
My baby had fallen sick. She has 100.3 temperature and severe cough. I gave all medication but she is not able to get rid of it. Please help me what type of medicines I have to give to my baby.
Hello my son is 4 months old. He sleeps at night for 7 to 8hrs in one stretch but he does not pee while sleeping. Do I need to worry?
Sir/ Mam recently I gave a birth to baby boy on may -2 -2018. Can I n my son sleep n stay on AC this weather is very hot but I heard that AC is not good for new born babies .is it correct r not can you please give me your valuable suggestions.
Chickenpox is a contagious viral disease that mostly affects children. It appears on the skin as rash-like itchy red spots that can develop into blisters. The main parts of the body that get affected are the face, scalp, chest, belly, back, arms and legs. It generally starts in one location and cyclically spreads to other parts over the course of 1-2 weeks time.
Chickenpox is uncommon now since children are routinely immunised against it these days. Yet outbreaks keep occurring from time to time, for the cases who haven't been vaccinated.
What is the cause of chickenpox?
- Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) and spreads through direct contamination.
- If the blister breaks open and the virus infects the surface of objects, it gets transferred when one touches the object and then touches any body part, thereby spreading through contact.
- It also spreads through aerial contamination when a person infected by it coughs or sneezes, which allows the virus to extend to various surfaces.
- When an unimmunised child with a weak immune system comes into contact with an adult suffering from a shingles (a type of a viral infection in adults caused by the same chicken pox virus) rash, the child is susceptible to contracting the chickenpox virus.
Now let's turn our attention to the symptoms of this disease in children.
The symptoms of chickenpox do not manifest themselves till 2-3 weeks after contamination. The exact time required for the signs to show varies from person to person and is known as the 'incubation period'.
Following are the symptoms of chickenpox in children:
- Exhaustion and lethargy
- Swollen glands.
- High fever accompanied by a headache and body ache
- Loss of appetite
- Signs of signs of dehydration
- The eruption of red rashes and fluid-filled blisters on the skin, which may become painful
- Chest pain and breathing difficulty, although it is less common
The symptoms of chickenpox tend to be milder in children than in adults and hence, identifying the signs is harder and may take longer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!