Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. StephenYour feedback matters!
I am using Lipicure20 for having cholesterol. But now my cholesterol level is 100. Should I continue my medicine or stop it?
I have mild chest pain oftenly! I am only living in my room. Some times I get fear. Which tablet is very useful in emergency? Please give advice!
This is for my dad. He recently had a minor heart attack and a stent was put via angioplasty in the vein which was blocked. I want to know the diet that he should follow now to be safe for future.
I am 64 years old and had undergone bypass surgery in 2007. I am taking following medicines as prescribed by the Consultant: IMDUR K-COR 5 CONCOR AM5 deplatt 75 GLYNASE MF ecosprin 150 MG I AM NOW SUFFERING FROM ED. I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER THESE MEDICINES ARE CONTRIBUTING TO ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION? AND IF YES WHAT IS THE REMEDY? KINDLY HELP WITH YOUR REPLY. THANKS.
I am suffering from high blood pressure & knee pain for the last 15 years, and erection problems for more than 3 years.
What is the basic reasons my chest muscle not growth. I need six pack in my belly. Which food can make six pack. Please help me. Its urgent.
From last year I feel lots of difficulties especially after dinner. I am vegetarian and having very less spicy home food. My symptoms: One hour after dinner I feel: 1. Increased heart rate 2. Faster breathing 3. Left hand and head numbness 4. Bloated and burping stomach 5. Some times I have pricking feeling in my abdomen just above Naval region. I will come to normal once I drink hot hot water. All these feelings are not regular, but intermittent. I have done following tests. 1. ECG 2. Blood tests including LFT 3. Abdominal scan 4. Echocardiogram 5. treadmill test (TMT) All the above tests are normal. What might be causing me these problems? Is it could be autonomic nervous system issue? Who can diagnose this? Please suggest.
Hi Heart attack is main disease. What is basic reasons of heart attack disease. How to avoid it. Suggest ideas.
16.8.2004 - B P - 160 / 100 ; 22.11.2004 - 160/100 put on Covance 50 mg; since 1.6.2005 on wards for the last 10 years taking Telsartan activ 40mg ,the BP is consistently 120/ 80. How long should I continue with the medication, as the BP is normal for the last decade can't I stop the medication, does it have any side effect. Also advised Rozat 5mg for Choloesterol. kindly Advice.
I generally have low blood pressure around 90/70. However for a few weeks I have experienced some chest discomfort and lower blood pressure.
My mom is having heart problem. So doctor suggested her to take Lupila-D and Etova-P 400 tablets. What are the precautions to be taken to avoid the heart problem.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
When I go for cycling or brisk walking my heart beats faster and tightness in the test. I went hospital ECG echo tmt done in November all are normal and my lipid is hdl 47 ldl is 57 tgl is 182 and total cholesterol is 140. Can igo again tests or what?
My mom is having blood pressure ,due to that she is not able to sleep so can you give any solutions for that?
"Anything that raises your heart rate and gets your blood pumping is a workout for your heart and circulatory system" says personal trainer Stuart Amory. According to the Stroke Association, walking briskly for up to 30 minutes can help prevent and control the high blood pressure that can cause strokes ? reducing your risk by up to 27 per cent.