Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivasa Rao KYour feedback matters!
My son is going to be 8 months old but has not yet started sitting on his own. While we make him sit using cushions he loses his balance and falls down. And what all I can include in his diet except milk?
My baby is two months old. Her tongue and inside gums has become white. She is refusing to take milk. Please advise.
Home remedy for GAS .
As problem may be very annoying at times. Generally gas is formed in the stomach due to numerous reasons such as
Excessive alcohol intake
Consuming very spicy food
Chewing the food improperly
Too much of anxiety and stress
Eating sauces and condiments frequently and in large quantities
Do not consume poultry and dairy products such as eggs, milk etc.
Take time and chew your food properly. Don?t be in haste, as chewing properly helps you in digesting the food quickly
Avoid using straw while drinking as you may swallow more air while using straws
Never sleep immediately after eating your meal
Do not drink aerated drinks
Here are some important tips for baby growth from 6-12 months
Hi, I have my daughter age 2 years. She get fever every month almost from last six months. We always visit to the same Dr. In hospital. He always check and found infection in his throat. Thats why she get fever. 4-5 days back she again had throat infection and thats why she again got fever. Its type of viral every time, when we give medicines fever comes down but after 5-7 hrs fever comes again. This used to happen for 3-4 days. But this time fever not going. Today we are again visiting to the Dr. She do not even eat and used to cry when she had fever. We want if the fever nd throat problem goes permanently. Medicines we used to take: Throat infection - AUGMENTIN SYRUP Fever - maxtra P Suspension or FLEXON Please advice how we can get rid of this problem.
Hi mam I'm Kavi. I'm 22 years old I have a baby 7 months old. When my baby was 3 month old I left him with my mom and went to college to continue my studies .in a day I am spending 4 to 5 hours with him. Even Nw I am studying. So my doubt is will my baby forget me? Will he don't have affection on me. Will he have more affection only on my mom.
Breastfeeding baby. 6 months old. With cough. 101.6 fever a few times. Vomiting milk. With cold. Stool with blood a few times. Not dark red blood. Wakes up in night crying. Before bloody stool. Sticky poop. With normal yellow.
Hello sir /madam. My baby is just 7 days old and I think she is having short breath. She does not take complete breath. What may be the cause and how can it be cured. Please answer me in detail. Am very much disturbed by that. I cannot have a proper sleep because of my baby. Please help me out of it. Am very much pleased. Thanking you.
Hi! i'm having a baby girl. She is completing 2 yrs. She's till on motherfeed and won't quit. She has a poor intake of meals. She s slim, but active. Please suggest what to do?
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.