Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I am having cataract in both of my eyes. I am planning do laser treatment is it a permanent solution? When I can do laser for my another eye?
I have a squint on my left which I want to get operated. What I want to know is what will this whole operation will cost me and I also have mediclaim policy. Will this operation will be covered by my insurance company?
I am having slight issue in seeing when I see the check shirts I feel some flickering in it. Means I am not able to see the exact colors bit distortions.
My sister had right side headache and ear pain also. Then I took brain scan, the result come and mentioned mid brain mildly compressed. I will attach scan report. Please see the let me know what prob? Clearly advise to me what I will do?
I am 30 years old lady there is a sore on my tight eye, it's paining? Let know what should I do to cure it,
Hello doctors, My am 30 year male. I have some problem in my right lag at knee junction. While I am running so, there starting pain and I am moving inch. I consult with orthologist and done MRI of my knee they suggest me go for operation because your knee ligament capture broken. Its should only treatment. So, I request to you kindly advice me is there any thing which I will try to neglect operation.
I use a personal computer everyday for several hours. Please indicate how I can ensure that there is no negative impact to my eyes.
Sir may I know how can we reduce eye sight, though I am using specs in future I want to reduce using specs.
I have read on internet about washing eyes with rose water n drinking green tea helps in improving our eye sigh. Then why we can't use rose water daily for washing our eyes?
How about using contact lenses? i' m fed up of glasses and want to prefer lenses? are there any drawbacks of using lenses? please suggest me what to do
I have a myopia problem. My power is -1.5 and-0.5..My friend told me he did some exercises everyday and got his short sight problem cured. Now he can see every distant object very clearly. Could you suggest those exercises to me doctor.
How to gain good eye sight? How to grow taller? How to gain weight? How to get fairer? How to lighten skin tone?
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.