Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sreedhar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SreedharYour feedback matters!
I have heat problem in body. Urine coming yellow. Sapota and papaya also heat foods ah. Tell me what is heat food and drinks and fruits. This foods eating after periods comes early. Please give me suggestions.
Hello sir. Im feeing vibration in my head when in sleep I tried alot to wakeup from the sleep. Why it's happening please tell me sir.
I am suffering from diabetes since last 7 years. My glucose levels are always under control ie 99 and 142 .But my weight lost severely from 75 kg to 55 kg. please suggest me how to regain my lost health. My hight is 5 ft 8 inches and age 36.
My son is 3 & 1/2 years old. He has throat problem since last six months and taken antibiotics (Amoxicillin +Clavulanic Acid) 3 times during this period. Every time he complaints of runny nose sometimes block nose, chest infection, throat pain, enlarged tonsils, tongue papilla enlarged, with high fever. This is repeating frequently almost every 2-3 months. Kindly suggest.
Hi, I am Aparna, 30. My problem is that I have irregular periods and it lasts only for 1-2 days. I have also headache regularly and body pain generally in legs.
Are you a sports person? Your fitness regime can be harmful to your legs and calf muscles. Your daily activities like running, walking or cycling might cause a sprain in your legs. The condition is medically termed as a muscle cramp or charley horse. It is a painful contraction of the muscles. It comes as a sudden attack and may last for a few minutes or for a longer period. Nighttime cramps are very common in sports persons or people who undertake a lot of physical activity throughout the day. Leg cramps usually occur in the calf muscles.
What Causes Muscle Cramps??
It can be caused due to multiple reasons. Ranging from dehydration to serious issues or medical conditions, muscle cramps can be caused due to different reasons. It is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause behind the cramp. However, the following reasons are the most common factors responsible for cramps:
- One may develop injuries during exercising, this may results in cramps. Moreover, faulty postures during exercising cause leg cramps. Overuse of the muscles by spending more time in exercising and exhausting excess energy causes cramps and muscle fatigue.
- Cramps may be a common symptom in pregnant women. During pregnancy, a woman’s body gets deficient in minerals and vitamins. Also, the weight of the upper part of the woman’s body increases during pregnancy. This puts extra pressure on the leg muscles.
- Excessive cold weather and use of cold water for bathing or drinking
- Improper flow of blood due to heart-related diseases or peripheral arterial disease
- Chronic health disorders like kidney disorders, thyroid disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- Deficiency of potassium, calcium and minerals in bloodstream
- Side effects of medicines like antipsychotics, steroids, birth control pills and diuretics, etc.
Ways to deal with muscle cramps
There are a number of ways to reduce the possibility of occurrence of muscle cramps. Here are some of the ways discussed below:
- It is quite important to stretch and massage the muscles on regular basis.
- After a hard day's work, it is best to take a warm shower or steam bath. It relaxes the muscles. You can also apply a heating pad.
- Apply an ice or cold pack to relax the muscles
- Consume painkillers or other medicines after consulting with a physician
- Ensure that you consume sufficient amount of water throughout the day. You can also take health or sports drinks to keep your body hydrated always. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.