Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somashekar K
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekar KYour feedback matters!
I'm 120 kgs at present. With 5.4 height, 36 age. Not able to exercise, what should I do to loose weight.
Am getting erect while seeing porn or some hot girls. But am sincerely loving one girl. So that I couldn't get erect while she is nude even. But I love her a lot not her body. What to do for that? How to get erect and get mood with her?
What do I do I have an intense problem of pimples and along with that I also suffer from a lot of blackhead when my pimples are not on the raga.
I have swollen gums at times and it disappears in 2-3 days and it is not very frequent. So is it some sort of sign for further grave disease?
What is nail psoriasis?
Nail psoriasis is a skin condition which directly affects the nails on your fingers and your toes. This disease results in changes in the overall look and appearance of the nails. The condition usually involves a change in the shape, size, color and texture of your nails and the nails also, might feel tender and hurt.
The most common signs to identify a nail psoriasis condition are enlisted below.
- Color- The nail color may turn into yellow, green or brown. You may also have red or white spots beneath the nail on the skin
- Debris buildup- This refers to a potentially painful condition which involves accumulation of a white, powdery material beneath and on the sides of nails
- Separation- This means that the nail is uprooted from the skin bed on your fingers and toes. This leads to immense pain and discomfort and it might also obstruct with your day to day activities.
- Thickening- Thickening of the nail happens when there is a fungal infection along with a nail psoriasis condition. This leads to the brittleness and breaking of the nails.
Some of the common measures to avoid a nail psoriasis condition are as follows.
- Keep your nails short, well-trimmed and shaped
- Wear shoes that are easy on the toes
- Keep the nail edges smooth using nail filer
- Moisturize your nails well on a daily basis
- Wear gloves while doing activities like cleaning or washing
The most common treatment for nail psoriasis is phototherapy, which involves the use ultraviolet light rays to address the condition. The therapy usually takes place in a doctor's clinic or a hospital. Additionally, some of the systematic medications used to treat the condition are methotrexate, acitretin and cyclosporine.
What causes warts? Can we prevent it?
Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.
From last thursday I am having fever I took tab like emset 4mg, calpol 500mg and cap pantocid-d still now I m nt comfortable, daily night I m getting severe fever and my eyes are becoming too much of red. If I took the tablets then I got cure for some hours bt completely its not cured. I am working as a designer so I have to sit in front of computer nearly about 9 hours a day. This is because of that or any other. So what should I do?
My father's age is 75yrs he is heart patient and suffering a mild stroke last month and that time he had chest infection and water in lunse. His prostate is increased. He is diabetic also. Now a days his blood pressure is getting too low like 70/40 doctors are unable to diagnosis the reason. Please help me.
Iam a 18 years old college student, but my problem is that my height is only 5 feet. Tell me any health tips to grow my height.
I have stone problem. Some person suggest me to take homeopathic medicine. But 3month latter no result. Any help for me.
I've this problem of hair fall since 2-3 years I've never consulted any doctor for this as I always found it a general problem with every girl. What I do for hair fall is applying oil and that also only 2-3 times a week. What more should I do.
Almost everyone experiences a skin infection at some point of time or the other. A skin infection can be defined as any change to the skin that affects its look, colour or texture. It may or may not be accompanied by pain and itchiness. While some skin infections clear up on their own, others need medication. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the infection instead of only the symptoms presented. Thus it cures the disease instead of merely subduing the symptoms. Additionally, homeopathic medication has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat skin infections:
- Rhus toxicodendron: This can be used to treat cases of eczema where the skin is covered in small blisters. It can also soothe the itchiness, pain and swelling that accompanies this rash. Such rashes are aggravated by cold and damp weather and can turn into herpes or uriticaria is left untreated.
- Graphites: Graphites can be used to treat a number of skin infections. It is most commonly used for dry or itchy skin, cracked corners of the mouth or eyes, blisters on the scalp and hair that breaks easily. It can also be used to treat eruptions between fingers and at joint bends.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used primarily to treat acne and nettle rash. It can also be used to treat rashes that accompany menstruation in women and rashes due to indigestion or uterine problems.
- Sepia: Sepia is a useful homeopathic medicine for herpes and psoriasis. It can also be used to treat eczema on the hands and dry, chapped skin.
- Arsenicum: : Any skin problem that results in the thickening of skin along with itchiness and a burning sensation can be treated with Arnicum. Some such skin ailments are chronic uriticaria, psoriasis and chronic eczema. This homeopathic medicine is also used to treat pimples and nettle rash.
- Sulpher: Sulpher is a very good way to treat acne, psoriasis and eczema. It is best known for its centrifugal properties that bring symptoms up to the surface of the skin. Sulpher can also be used to treat rough skin and burning sensations caused by aggravated washing.
- Thuja: Thuja is the most effective way of treating warts and ensures that they do not recur. Its antibacterial properties make it also useful in treatments of acne, black heads, age spots, scaly skin, freckles and carbuncles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.