Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siva PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old man. I have significant hair loss from front side scalp. I have significant sweat formation on the scalp. Hair loss is mostly in these sweating area. What need to do?
While having sex how to control or how to stop getting pregnancy without using any medicine or condoms?
I'm a 21 year old girl. I have been getting constant headaches since the past one week. What could be the reason and the cure?
Do cashew nuts give rise to high cholesterol? It's common belief that cashew nuts are not healthy for BP and heart patients.
Lice are miniscule insects which generally germinate within the head of the infected person by laying eggs and sucking blood from the scalp of the head. Lice infection is generally viral and is heavily contagious in nature. It is generally advisable to treat lice infection properly due to its contagious nature. The causes behind lice infection are skin-to-skin contact with the infected person or sharing bedding or combs with the infected person and living in unhygienic places.
The symptoms of lice infections are extreme scratching at the scalp region due to the presence of the lice. Ayurveda can work as a useful remedy for lice infections. The most common ayurvedic remedies for lice infection are as follows:
- You can apply onion juice on the scalp region and rinse it after 1 hour.
- A juice of Indian hemp might be applied to the scalp region.
- An application of a crushed paste of seetaphal before going to sleep.
- A mixture of phitkari and water can be applied regularly to the scalp region of the head.
Though a preliminary application of the Ayurvedic mixtures tends to remove a layer of the lice, all the eggs are nearly impossible to destroy in the first dosage, if the infection has been there for a long period. For the complete extermination of lice, the prescribed mixture should be applied again. In order to prevent lice infection, you can wash the clothes, stuffed toys, combs etc. with warm water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Dear Doctor, I am 41 years old Have been suffering from PE, increasing very rapidly, No diabetes, recently, fat increasing at stamock area only, Could you give me safe solution,
The right bottom of my stomach hurts. I tried to poop today when pressure is given it hurts again. Is it something to be alarmed of.
I am 29 years old and I have problem of premature ejaculation. Within 3 - 4 minutes I use to ejaculate. What should I do?
My mother is taking tension so much, she is diabetic patient and stress and over thinking is becoming harmful for us day by day her diabetes remains high around 400 and she is finding so many troubles in normal body functioning.
Whether your complexion is fair or dark, almost everyone suffers from a rash at some point of time of the other. A rash can be described as a change in colour of texture of the skin. Most rashes are not life threatening. Skin rashes can be triggered by bacterial, vital or fungal infections and respond well to over the counter topical medication or oral antihistamines. May rashes are also triggered by a change in weather conditions and humidity or dry skin. However, there are some instances where a rash should not be ignored and a doctor should be consulted.
When a rash is accompanied by other symptoms
As a general rule of thumb, a rash that is accompanied by fever, muscle aches, crams etc should not be ignored. In such cases the rash is usually a symptom of a larger problem such as measles, scarlet fever and shingles or an allergic reaction.
Rashes that do not respond to medication
Rashes can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to completely heal but regular use of topical creams and oral antihistamines should how improvements in a day or two. Any rash that does not respond to topical ointments and continues to spread to other parts of your body must be shown to a doctor at once.
Most rashes are localized and restricted to a small area. Widespread rashes are usually a sign of allergies and need medical attention. Rashes that emerge suddenly should also be shown to a doctor as soon as possible.
While itchiness may be commonly associated with many types of rashes, pain is a symptom of a bigger problem. Painful rashes should be immediately shown to a doctor.
Rashes that become infected
Rashes that itch may cause scratching that can lead to added infections. Hence, ideally, a rash should never be scratched. Swelling, yellow or green discharge, crusting, warmth in the area around the rash and red streaks radiating out from the rash are signs of infections.
A rash that begins to blister
Most rashes only cause bump on the surface of the skin. If these bumps turn into blisters or open sores, medical attention should be immediately sought. This is especially necessary in cases where the rash is around the eyes, mouth or genitals. A blistering rash may be due to an allergic reaction, reaction to medication or an internal trigger. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I have pain in my both wrists for last two months. Have taken medicine but no effect Calcium vitamin D uric acid etc all ok Pls suggest what to do.
If you are concerned about diabetes and want to protect yourself from getting affected by the disease, there are several preventive steps you can take. These steps are simple and require some modifications in your daily life, activities, diet and overall lifestyle. Diabetes is a condition in which your blood-sugar level gets higher than normal and affects your health in several ways.
Here are some ways to protect yourself from diabetes:
- You should know about the different causes of diabetes by speaking with health professionals, diabetes patients and by doing some online research.
- You must put off the causes which you just cannot prevent and should abstain from aggravating them. These may include heredity and age-related causes. If diabetes runs in your family, there are high chances of you getting it as well. The chances are maximum when both your parents are diabetic.
- Increasing age is another likely factor for developing diabetes. This is because the functioning of all your body system gets disrupted and slowed down because of age. Major cases of diabetes commonly occur after the age of 49.
- Prevent the causes of diabetes which you can control. These include obesity, stress, high blood pressure and viral complications. Stress because of several factors such as physical injuries and emotional problems commonly cause diabetes in many people. Obesity and high blood pressure too are linked with the development of diabetes. Several viruses can settle in your system and lead to diabetes as well.
- For preventing diabetes, you should conquer your obesity and attain a BMI or body mass index, which is within a normal range and is suitable for you. For men, the waist size should be maintained below 40 inches and in women, it should be under 38 inches.
- Eating healthy food will help you stay away from diabetes. You should consume less sugar, fats and alcohol and consume milk, meat and other proteins in a moderate amount. You should consume whole foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, starchy foods and beans in large amounts. These items should highlight all your major meals.
- Being physically active and exercising regularly is very important, if you want to stay healthy and prevent yourself from developing diabetes. You should climb stairs, walk, play and undertake activities which require you to move around.
To keep yourself safe from diabetes, you must take good care of yourself when you are ill in order to avoid several complications. Several viruses and autoimmune diseases lead to diabetes in which the immune system attacks the body. You should be careful of viral infections such as measles, influenza, rubella, mumps and many others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.