Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siddique Hussain
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Siddique HussainYour feedback matters!
If you’ve ever played Blind Man’s Buff you know how helpless it can feel to be unable to see. While some people are born blind, others lose sight as a result of health issues, accidents etc. Imagine how a person would feel to be able to see something for the first time or to regain their sight?
Every human being with sight can choose to donate their eyes after their death and gift another person vision. When it comes to eye donation, there is no restriction on the person’s age or overall health. Even a person who has had surgery on their eyes can choose to donate them as long as the cornea is unaffected. It is not only noble but the thought of being able to give some a chance to see the world with your eyes can give you immense joy.
However, just a thought is not enough, there are few other facts to be kept in mind before going for eye donation:
- Eyes need to be donated within 6 hours of a person’s death: For your eyes to be viable for a donation they must be harvested within 6 hours of death. Thus, if you choose to be a donor, it is important for you to inform your family and friends of this decision. Eye donation can also be authorized by the deceased’s next of kin.
- Donation does not cost money: There are no costs involved in donating your eyes. Profiting by buying and selling human organs and tissues is a criminal at and can be punishable by law.
- The whole eye is not transplanted: The most common cause of blindness is a damaged or diseased cornea. Thus, only this area is transplanted to enable a person to see. The cornea is a thin, transparent flap located in front of the colored part of the eye. Thus, donating eyes does not disfigure the deceased person in any way.
- Even people who wear spectacles can donate their eyes: Short sightedness or far sightedness are conditions caused by irregularities with the lens inside the eye and do not affect the cornea. Thus these conditions do not interfere with their ability to donate their eyes after death. Even people who have been operated upon for cataracts, retinal detachments or glaucoma may choose to donate their eyes. It is even possible for a person who has received a corneal transplant to donate their eyes as long as the cornea is healthy and clear.
- Corneal Transplants have a high success rate: There is no blood supply to the cornea and hence there is a very low risk of the body rejecting a donor cornea. In many cases, this rejection can be treated and suppressed with medication.
Though over 30,000 corneas are donated and transplanted each year, there is still a long waiting list at eye banks. Thus, it time you take a pledge to make someone else's life beautiful. Do not think twice about donating your eyes and encourage people around you to do so as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Hi doctors my focal length of my eyes are becoming low day by day. I can not see lines far from me. And the lights. Are seems to be a big flower . Its quite irritating. I am wearing lenses. Which helps me to see properly. But I want to remove them means. .i do not want to wera specks. Please give me some advice to have my eyes like when I was kid.
Hi I had my retinal surgery on 23rd March, my vision is there but the focus is lacking in this eye. There is more light and things look more whitish. How long it takes for restoration of normal focus or I will have to go in for farsight glasses?
For past 7 months are around my eyes turn dark by evening and feel. Some stuffy feeling inside. I have been late sleeper whole life and tiredness of eyes have not affected earlier. Two eye specialist thoroughly examined me and advised drink water and eye drops and ointment to be applied in eye lid. This problem remains occasionally shows up with tired of darkness around eyes that show up some evening. I avoid bright screens and don't watch tv at all. Mobile and computer work that's part for last decades. Please advise.
I have yellow eye's from 10 day, nd my face going to white and dry skin please so me this reason, and what I should do?
I am 39 year male guy facing following problems from last three months. 1] Both knee's paining while sitting and standing. 2] Difficulty in full breathing of full. I hv worked in power plant environment from over a year to last month. 3] joint pains in arms, toes, knees and back pain. 4] seeing black coloured spots while standing 5] now feeling lack of full strength inside the body. Before a year feeling full strength but now not. 6] over a year ago in oct 2014 weight is 63 kg and now weight is 57 kg. 7] feeling asthmatic while running and walking. 8] can't able to breathe from both holes un neck. Can breath from online right side hole. 9] I have frozen left side testicles, frequently itching in gap between lap and testicles. 10] I have left side facial paralysis from 2002 need to see expert who can cure it. 12] feeling very weakness and eye lids itching. 13] hair are falling14] I feel always tensed due to pending work and due to job tensions. Please suggest suitable medication which can cure above said things of my health and I can become fit with health.
Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and cure:
This disease is commonly called pink eye. It involves swelling of the conjunctiva lines inside the eyelids which cover the sclera of the eyes as well.
1. May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and substances, which cause irritation such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools.
2. Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people.
3. This disease is infectious in nature and spreads from person to person.
This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments containing antibiotics. Avoid being with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.
In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time. Build-up of pressure takes place inside the eye.
1. Occurs due to intense pressure within the eyes or the intraocular pressure.
2. The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve.
3. Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated.
Eye drops, laser surgery, and microsurgery are methods for curing glaucoma.
This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
2. Also occurs from regular migraines.
3. It is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina.
This disorder can be cured by using aspirin, epilepsy drugs and blood-pressure medication known as beta blockers.
Retinal vascular occlusion
This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
1. Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease.
2. The blood flow to the retina is restricted.
Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
Paralysis of the eye muscles occurs. Can occur in more than one of the eye muscles.
1. Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain.
2. Caused from muscle disorders.
3. Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc.
Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
Eye diseases are very common, and a large number of eye diseases can occur from different reasons and causes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!