Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiva Shankar Trivedi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva Shankar TrivediYour feedback matters!
Mere left wrist me pain ho raha tha aur mera right elbow bend ho raha tha jis waja blood test karwane pata chala ki mera (TLC 11800) ho gaya hai aur (Homocysteine 48.50) ho gaya hai so meri help kare aur mujhe pls bataye mujhe proble m kya hai.
Since the day my daughter has born, my back ache is not going + loads of hair fall. She is 3 years now. but my problem still persist.
I play badminton daily. Today when I was warming up. I felt that my left leg thy became heavy. I took rest and started playing. When I come home. I felt very pain and now I am facing difficulty in moving my leg. What could be the reason behind it.
Hello, I am 26 years old lady. I am suffering from lower back pain from 2009/10 (L5 over S1). Whenever I consult a doctor he/she asks about my legs, but my legs are fine. I can't seat for a long time, if I have to then I need support of a cushion. If I lie down on hard bed or floor, when I wake up I feel like a nerve or something just got misplaced. Then I have to adjust my back in many ways to get rid of it. This is my problem. So I don't run, don't jump or do workout. But I am gaining fat on my tummy. So suggest me something that can help me to reduce fat without affecting my lower back.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.