Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharath Chandra Rao P
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath Chandra Rao PYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, please help me, what is Giardiasis infection, is it very serious? My 1 year old son passes stool after every meal so it counts 4-6 times a day from past 7 months.
I have a small pimple like bump inside my penis It is under the outer skin inside on the right side What is it doctor.
Hello doctor, My four year old son found a piece of used chewing gum outside house and chewed it for some time. Is there any chance of hiv infection from chewed used chewing gum?
Hlo sir I have one baby 1 year I am feed him BT now I am pregnant kya mai apne pehle bche ki feed continue rakh skti hu SB mana kr re hai I am confuse tell me.
My Daughter (Age 10 month) has been suffering from fever (101-102, by underarm) from last 3 days. First day her nose was running a lot. But next day onward her nose was ok. On third day there was no fever for almost 18 hrs but again at mid night she got fever. I am giving her Maxtra-P (60ml) according to doctor. Should I go for antibiotic? Is it viral fever or common cold.
Dr. I have a 4 month baby girl. She has a hair in her forehead. please tell me how it can be removed. Also please tell me can I give juice to my baby?
I had 2 deliveries for both of them water was less but now I am carrying 3rd it is 8th month and baby moment is good enough does that mean there is no water problem this time. Thanks.
Dear Sir I am 50 yrs old and my children have complain that I am having hearing problem that I don't listen to the door bell nor the ring of the phone. It happen very often but only when I watch television or listening to music and sometime during reading. Please let me know if there is anything serious.
Start planning the arrival of your baby by the end of the sixth month of your pregnancy, like searching options for baby's health care, making arrangements at your home for the new edition to the family.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.