Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharabandh Raj V
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sharabandh Raj VYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with depression and anger. My mood changes every time. I am afraid to visit doctor directly. Please suggest me some medicines which are available in indian local medical shops.
I am 27 years old male. I feel tired always (every part of my body is tired) and also experience memory loss. I got a full body check up. I was concerned about thyroid.
Sir, I need consultation on my love marriage with my cousin. Our parents are opposing it severely. I am very depressed no hope of life. If you can deal this type cases let me know. Please help me.
Sir what does it meant by being happy or joyful from inside is more important than from being happy from outside? Why our happiness should depend on others people or material of outside rather than inside?
I'm an 18 year old student. I think I have OCD. Whenever I study, I repeat the simplest of the words over and over again until I satisfy myself that it sounds the same and is the same word which I read. It is frustrating to repeat words like "development" in my head to make sure that it is the same word that I'm seeing in my book. The same goes for learning and understanding things. If I don't repeat anything many times and visualise even the simplest thing, then I get scared that I'm going to forget it and I'm dragged into a vicious cycle of repeating the same stuff. This wastes a lot of my time and decreases my efficiency. Kindly suggest something. Thanks.
I male 25 year. Having facing the problem of phobia. Like when I driving the car I fell very discomfort and also very fear when I making the journey from plane. I am feeling fear every time. I also feel fear when I alone. please help me why this is happening what should I do.
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!