Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sharabandh Raj VYour feedback matters!
I feel extremely anxious at times and get very angry and irritated. Have started gym two three days back. However due to gym unable to continue. Too much pressure on me for home tasks and how things are at home which I dislike and my partner unable to understand.
I have a negative thinking in my life. Everytime I thing only the bad things in my life .and I lost all my hope from my life.
I'm in a depression that I'm being single. How to come out of this depression. What are its effects to my health.
Hello Doctor. Please advice for my sister who is 13yrs old. She sometimes behave unusual and always murmur words. what should i do ?
I am 19 years old lady I got recently love marriage but my parents didn't agree him and I am unable to take decision who is important to me? in that case I couldn't take decision to my life please give suggestion that how to take decision.
Sir I am of 26. My penis do not erect for long time n m suffering from premature ejaculation. On Lybrate app I have read that kegel exercise improve our sexual life. So please tell me how I can do it to improve my sexual life. I do not drink n do not smoke. Please tell me this exercise.
I am having continuous cough for the past 2 months, I am a cigarette addict and into this habit for the past 5 years. What should I do to feel better?
Do you believe that the world is a hostile place and you are a victim? Are you the one who often doubts his or her abilities? If so, you might be showing signs of low self-esteem. Interestingly, self-esteem has nothing do with your actual ability or talent. Your looks, weight or skills are not responsible for your low self esteem. It largely depends upon the fact that how you value yourself.
It has been observed in most cases that self-esteem is often affected by a number of reasons, including ill-health, unpleasant memories from the past, and termination of relationships. Low self-esteem is generally marked in survivors of physical or sexual abuse, victims of racial discrimination or people who have had a traumatic past life.
If you don’t pay attention towards this issue, you might end up developing certain serious mental disorders. Low self-esteem is also the root cause behind the occurrence of mental disorders like borderline personality disorder, depression, etc. However, there is nothing to worry about it. There are certain simple things that are useful in building up your self-esteem.
Here’s all that you need to do to start believing in yourself and be confident about your capabilities:
1. Remember your strong points: Make three separate lists of your strengths; achievements and your qualities that you admire. Take help from your friends, parents and other well-wishers for preparing these lists. These lists will help you in understanding your abilities and goodness. You will be able to believe in your strengths. You must read through these lists at least once daily.
2. Be positive: Optimism and a positive approach towards life are the key to success. Your self-esteem is influenced by the fact that how you look at life. Life is not a bed of roses. It is unavoidable that you will have to face critical situations or problems in life. But, what is important is to face them with courage and a faith in your own abilities. Be positive and stop developing negative thoughts about yourself. Get rid of thoughts like ‘I am a loser’; ‘I can’t get rid of this problem’; etc.
3. Take care of your body: Your outward appearance sometimes works wonders in lifting up your inner-self and spirits. Keep yourself clean, trim your beard or hairs; cut your nails; don’t forget to floss your teeth and maintain overall personal hygiene to develop a feeling of goodness.
4. Sleep well: A good night’s sleep is essential for boosting up your self - esteem.
5. Eat right: A balanced diet is a key to good health. Eating the right food in the right way keeps your mental and physical health all right. Include minerals and vitamins in your regular meals. Avoid distractions like television or radio while taking meals.
6. Exercise: Regular workouts keep you away from mental-ill health.
7. Be cool and comfortable first: When it comes to your dressing, try to put on attires that you can carry well. Wear stuffs that you love the most. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My mother is around 48 years and she is very concern about cleanliness. She don't want anybody entering in her house should wash their feet and hand, if they had wash then cannot touch any of the things like fridge etc she is not able to handle her self and shout screams n gone uncontrollable. If she is out of the house the reaction is totaly opposite. Please help me with this what should I do. I am worry about it.
Autism is a complex neurodevelopmental disorder that affects 1-2 people out of every 1,000 people worldwide. It is a wide spectrum disorder, so no two people with autism will have the exact same symptoms. There are those who function easily, those who are impaired and struggle to live normally and then there are others in between. Difficulties in communicating, social impairment and repetitive patterns of behaviour are some of the major symptoms that characterise autism and the related autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
Read the following articles to gain a better understanding of this condition:
In order to create awareness and combat this problem, early diagnosis and social acceptance is necessary. Here's a brief on what we can do to recognise autism.
Decoding the Symptoms of Autism
Although there is no scientific cure for autism, its symptoms can be worked upon with the help of a communication or behavioural therapist.
Treatments for Autism
In this article, we chalk out the main treatments and therapies for curing autism in children and adolescents.
In conclusion, it’s important to treat these conditions not as disorders but to accept them as differences. Accept them in the same way we accept people of all races. These conditions are not caused by any disease or injury but because of genetics andenvironmental factors. Science suggests that neurological diversity has helped humans throughout their evolution to survive in the environment. It’s possible that those affected might just come up with solutions for problems that might escape those with normal brain wiring. Not because they’re necessarily smarter, or better, but because they think differently. So it’s necessary to accept, respect and accommodate those with such conditions. To care, not repair is the outlook we should have for the betterment of mankind.
Hi Doc! I'm unable to concentrate on for long times & get easily distracted, kindly suggest tips to stay focused. Thanks.
Sir please tell me why I cannot concentrate on study but I try it but different thing come into mind and distract me.
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out.