Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shabnam. BYour feedback matters!
Mam/sir, Yesterday i.e 19/4/17 I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend in the afternoon by 12/1 pm. Later drank an vodka /alcoholic cocktail. And night around 8 pm took an ipill. Immediately after taking the pill I vomited completely. I have a doubt that I vomited the tablet also as I do not remember what happened last night. So my boyfriend suggested me to take another ipill tomorrow morning as I might have vomited the first pill. But im scared to take the second tablet so soon fearing the side effects. So kindly suggest me if I should take another tablet tomorrow i.e 21/4/17.
Hello I'm 25 years old. I could get sleep at night times from last 5 months and also i am not eating at all. I'm feeling like giddy. What should I do?
I'm a 25 year female. My haemoglobin content s very low. I have checked many time after having good iron containing food. But still the level s not raising. What may be the problem. Pls explain.
Sir meri wife ka 29 june 2016 C SECTION HUA tha aur ab unko frequent urination ho raha tha sath hi urine me cheete chitia bhi lag rahi thi sath hunger and thirs bhi jyada lag rahi thi mene glucometer se fasting blood glucose check karaya aur 96 aaya joki normal hai aur mene urine ka bhi test karay bo bhi normal yani no infection and abnormality ab sir batay ki ye urination kyo ho raha hai aur kyo urin me chitia lag rahi hai kya mujhe Hb1C karwana chahia.
My friend wife removed her uterus because of fibroid 1 year back but her ovaries are not removed but she dont get sex feeling during sex like before why?
Just to give you a brief background, my father is 72 years old and a diabetic and has Hepatitis C and previously suffered a Diabetic stroke 2 years and had resultant some brain damage from which he made an almost full recovery. He was hospitalized then for a about 2 months and he could recollect all before and after the hospital stay. Recently it was identified that he has some blood clots in his brain and a clot removal surgery was recommended by the local doctors who referred us to another hospital in a another city. The neurosurgeons there have advised that as it currently stands the surgery poses a high risk of post surgery hemorrhage and to compound the problem, he is now highly anaemic. The doctors have advised that he undertakes treatment with clot dissolving medication for a few weeks and then check response to before we go in for surgery due to the risk factors. My father is experiencing intermittent loss of coordination and feeling numb on one side arm and leg which lasts for sometime and then he normalizes. Please could you kindly advise what our next course of action should be. We would highly value your thoughts on this and recommendations. An urgently reply would be greatly appreciated.
I have not sleep properly from last 7 days. I am also suffered with sever headache. What may be the reason? Please help me.
I'm 18years old girl. I've suffering from severe cramp in my leg for past 2days. Though I have tried so many remedies nothing is worth. I feel very difficult. kindly request you to give some remedies and suggestions. Thanking you!
I am getting itching around my penis and also folds of thighs. Its getting formed like circle near testis. So can you tell me the what's the problem and solution for that?
I'm 21 year's old, and I'm going to use Viagra , I just want to know the 25 mg should be good for me or 50 mg ?
For people recovering from a back surgery, constipation is quite common and causes discomfort or pain. There are several aspects of a back surgery which may lead to constipation. They include anaesthesia, changes in diet, stress and the use of some pain relieving medicines.
- The symptoms of constipation are:
- Pain and bloating in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Hard stools and the inability of bowel movement.
Ways to prevent constipation:
Here are several simple ways by which you can prevent or minimize pain or discomfort due to constipation after a back surgery.
- You should increase your daily activities as early as possible after a back surgery. You should walk regularly.
- You must reduce the use of narcotic medicines and use only what is needed for controlling pain. Narcotic medicines slow bowel movement and cause constipation. Use non-narcotic pain relieving medicines to prevent constipation.
- You can use fiber laxatives, stool softeners or combination products after a back surgery to prevent constipation.
- Drinking a lot of water and non caffeinated fluids is very important. You should also have apple cider juice and prune juice, which are effective natural laxatives.
- You should eat natural fiber-rich food for intestinal stimulation. These include whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is best to avoid cheese, meat and processed food. Instead of large meals, you must have frequent, small meals throughout the day.
Medicines for constipation:
Non prescription medicines can be taken for preventing or treating constipation after a back surgery.
Here is a list of some effective medicines that relieve constipation:
- Bulk fiber laxatives, which add bulk to stool and encourage water to stay in the colon. These medicines need up to three days to show effect.
- Stool softeners or emollient laxatives help in softening stool by making fluids mix with them.
- Stimulant laxatives take action by stimulation of bowel contractions for moving stool out. They are effective and start working very quickly.
- Combination laxatives perform the functions of laxatives and stool softeners together.
- Suppositories also perform the dual function of stool softening and acting as laxatives. The colon gets contracted, and stool is pushed out and as the stool gets softer, it can pass easily.
- Enemas perform the function of bowel movement stimulation. Liquids are injected into the rectum, up into the colon. This stimulates the colon, and stool is passed.
Constipation occurs commonly in patients after undergoing a back surgery. This may cause utter discomfort and pain. You should take proper precautions and remedies in case of constipation after a back surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.