Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satyajit G Mehetre
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Satyajit G MehetreYour feedback matters!
Sir, please inform me which type of disease I have. If my left upper back pain, some time chest pain, left shoulder pain, some time short breathing and feeling uncomfortable at night while sleeping.
It is said that, one in every three people are suffering from high blood pressure. It is estimated that at present more alone about 65 million people in US itself are suffering from this ailment. High blood pressure is a serious ailment that can cause heart attack, kidney failure, vision impairment, and it can even cause sexual problems. This ailment has no symptoms, and it is also regarded as one of the silent killers. In fact, erectile dysfunction, which is one of the serious ailments caused by high blood pressure can even affect the relationship between the couples.
High blood pressure and erectile dysfunction:
In the case of men, there is a direct link between sexual problem or erectile dysfunction and high blood pressure. Erection of the penis is caused by the two tissues called as corpora cavernosa. This tissue is made of small arteries and veins. During the process of erection, brain sends a signal to the nerve ending in the penis to dilate the arteries. This in turn makes the arteries to open sufficiently, and blood gets filled in empty spaces in the Penis. The relationship between high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction can be further analyzed as follows:
- Sexual arousal is caused by a male hormone called as Testosterone. In case a person is suffering from high blood pressure, he has low testosterone levels. Apart from this, in the course of time, those suffering from high blood pressure are prone to damage of lining on the arteries. This in turn affects the flow of blood in the arteries.
- On the other hand, in the case of a person suffering from high blood pressure, arteries fail to dilate and the smooth muscles of corpora cavernosa also fail to relax. Naturally, this affects the flow of blood to the Penis which in turn causes erectile dysfunction. Because of the combination of these two factors people suffering from high blood pressure suffer from the problem of Erectile Dysfunction.
Fear: It is natural that sexual problems can increase the anxiety levels, which in turn may lead to fear. As a result, the person may refrain from indulging in sexual activities. In fact, even one instance of erectile dysfunction is enough to fuel the fear, and the person would avoid indulgence.
There are medicines that can help the individual to manage this problem of erectile dysfunction due to high blood pressure. Apart from the medicine, the physician may also suggest exercises and certain restrictions on food. You should take the medicines strictly as per the physician's directions. With this, it should be possible to effectively manage the sexual problems in those suffering from high blood pressure.
Doctor while sleeping at night some time I feel my heart heavy I am 22 year old I work in software company I smoke 6 ciggrets a day is any thing to worry about? Plzz help me.
Im 21 year old female, I have backache, breathing problem, and chest pain. Sometimes, even sometimes stomach pain also. Im feeling to ask you that, is I have any heart problem.
A heart attack is caused if the blood flow to the heart is obstructed. The disruption in the flow of blood destroys a part of the heart muscle and may prove to be fatal if not treated right on time.
Not every heart attack starts with a sudden crushing pain in the chest. In fact, about 30 per cent of the cases haven’t yielded any such symptom. However, the signs may vary from one person to another:
- Heart attack might start slowly causing only mild discomfort or pain initially. The symptoms happen to be sudden and intense, persisting for several hours.
- Mostly heart attack induces pain on the left side or the center of the chest. The discomfort generally persists for a few minutes. It can even result in a feeling of indigestion or heart burn, fullness, squeezing and pressure which can turn from mild to severe.
- One might also experience an aching sensation in the upper stomach, jaw, neck, shoulders, back or both of the arms.
- Shortness of breath is one of those very common symptoms.
- Other common symptoms include excessive sweating, exhaustion, vomiting, nausea, sudden dizziness or light-heartedness.
How can you tell a heart attack from a mere panic attack?
Panic attack occurs even more suddenly and induces intense fear, extracting extreme reactions for something relatively harmless. Once the attack subsides, one usually feels week on the knees and tender near the gut. Some of the symptoms exclusive to a panic attack include a feeling of detachment, numbness, hot flashes, chills and tightness experienced in and around the throat, tremors (primarily of the hands) and a constant fear of losing control or of an impending danger.
Although many indications of a heart attack might happen to overlap with those of a panic attack, there are still a few noteworthy differences between the two. Watch out for those signs and get yourself diagnosed properly.