Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satya Sheel Reddy
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Satya Sheel ReddyYour feedback matters!
He has a sharp pain in left side of chest. It pains when he is sleeping. It pains more while breathing in or breathing out. Why does it happens?
Hi, My blood pressure is 110-150 sometime more that that and my weight is 90 kg my uric acid is 4.6 what can I do in this condition can I take alcohol also.Please suggest something for controlling bp.
I am 29 year old I am always feeling sick I am from mangalore working in uae under prissur every day different symptoms chest shoulder muscle pain, fatigue, sleep problems, abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and constipation alternating with diarrhea (irritable bowel syndrome) feeling anxious or depressed an inability to be still and calm. Dry mouth. Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet. Neck sprain and chest centre strain. Some tomes neele pain in chest area,
Hi I got my lipid test done and cholesterol was 224 and ldl was 124 After how long should I get the test done again Pls suggest.
Iam 22 old male iam suffering from gastric problem symptoms left shoulder near heart pain. Pain relief with in seconds. And repeated yawing and fatigue. What is problem? Iam already consult the doctors all test performed but no problem in heart (ecg, urine test, heart scan, blood test all test normal) again repeat the problem why? Iam follow the diet no bad habits? This is danger problem or not? Please tell me know.
Umbilical hernia noted with intra abdominal fat as its content and defect about 18 mm. Does this require surgery or can be treated with medicine. Also tiny left renal calculus in left kidney.
Open heart surgery is a heart procedure. Although the number of open heart surgeries performed over the past few decades has reduced significantly, however, it is still an important surgical procedure to fix critical heart ailments.
Here is a quick fact-checker about this procedure:
- The Coronary Artery Bypass Graft or CABG is one of the frequently performed procedures in the open-heart surgery space. This is a procedure that is related to fixing the blocked arteries of the heart. A study conducted by the National Institutes of Health revealed that most patients who had undergone CABG become angina-free within a span of five years.
- This is one of the few surgeries where a doctor needs to make a deep incision close to 2-2.5 inch through the breastbone to separate muscle and get access to the heart.
- The patient is hooked to a heart-lung machine before the proceedings begin. This machine pushes blood to the body. It helps the doctor to stop the heart and perform the procedure. Once the procedure is over, the doctor closes the incision made through the breastbone with sternal wires. Then the surgeon gives a minor electric shock to the patient to restart the heart. Subsequently, the patient is taken off from the heart-lung machine.
- The patient might find himself tangled with many tubes as he wakes for the first time after the surgery. These wires take the fluid out of the body. They serve as a temporary pacemaker for the patient.
- It is important to get a clarification from the surgeon as to from which location of the body would the veins be taken from to perform CABG. Most doctors prefer the vein from the leg. However, recent studies have shown that veins can be extracted from the internal chest wall. This results in a speedy recovery for the patient.
- The patient is kept in an ICU for a couple of days before he is shifted to the general ward where he spends close to a couple of weeks before he is released. After the patient gets home, the typical recovery time for the patient is approximately 6-8 weeks.
- One has to usually deal with heightened emotions after an open-heart surgery. Studies have shown that over 20 percent of the CABG patients suffer from depression, anger, and other emotional problems. This typically lasts for a year till everything becomes normal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!