Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
My son 2 years 2 months old, from last 3 days he is having loose motions & fever. After consultant with Dr. Motion has been stop but having fever frequently. Now Dr. Ask for stool test and as per result he having mucus + & puscell + in stool. So please tell me if + mucus is to be worried & how we get remedy of frequent fever. Medicine was Domcet suspension, Amefur Suspension, PacimolMF.
My 4 year old son has expressive language delay, will everything get well by time or some medication or therapies are required?
Depression in children and young people affect people from ages 5 to 18. About one in four children in India suffer from childhood depression. Boys and girls up to the age of 10 and 16 respectively, are more prone to depression. As per the report released by WHO, among 10 South-East Asian countries, India has the highest suicide rate. An estimated rate of suicide per 1 lakh population of the age group of 15-29 is 35.5 percent.
Definition and Signs
According to Thompson (1995), depression is an overall lowering of normal functions which is not specific to any one component of the mind. Clinically, the signs and symptoms of depression have the following components:
- Mood Changes: sadness, irritability, sense of loss of interest even in cherished activities
- Cognitive changes: inefficient thinking, poor self-esteem, a feeling of hopelessness, loss of concentration, poor attention span, indecisiveness. Rarely, suicidal tendencies, delusions, hallucinations.
- Physical changes: low energy, apathy, tiredness, increase or decrease in appetite, disturbed sleep, low emotional responsiveness. Children in primary school stage may report of headaches and stomach aches, limb pain.
- Impairment in personal and/or social functioning: Self-harm, deterioration in school work without any specific reason, sudden and persistent levels of aggression and irritability.
- Marital or family disharmony
- Divorce and separation
- Physical and sexual abuse
- Domestic violence
- Problems at school: bullying, social isolation, exam failure
- Severe personal assault
- Children with parents suffering from depression
Diagnosis of Childhood Depression
Any child suffering from symptoms of depression for at least 2 weeks, should be scheduled to visit his health care provider. Parents and guardians should eliminate any physical reasons for the symptoms before visiting a mental health professional. There are no specific medical or psychological tests that can clearly diagnose childhood depression. Following measures can help to make an accurate diagnosis:
- Questionnaires for both the child and parents.
- Interviews and study of the patient's history by a mental health professional.
- Information from friends, teachers, and classmates can be useful to detect early symptoms of childhood depression.
- To alleviate depressive disorder
- To reduce concurrent related conditions like ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder) and learning disabilities
- To promote normal social and emotional development and school performance
- Relieve family distress
- To prevent or reduce the risk of relapse
Psychological therapy is the first line of treatment and includes:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy in group and individual format
- Interpersonal psychotherapy focuses on interpersonal issues like interpersonal conflicts, grief and loss and its effect on current feelings and problems
- Psychodynamic child psychotherapy where children are given a way to express their issues through playing, drawing, talking
- Family therapy deals with solving family-related issues and management of crisis
- Art therapy is an approach to vent out your negative feelings using creative expression as an outlet.
- Guided self-help helps you in understanding the core of the problems and finding ways to manage the same with the help of a professional.
- Relaxation and self-modelling can go a long way in dealing with depression. Relaxation techniques like exercising, meditating and yoga help your mind soothe and reduce stress and anxiety which in turn elevates the mood and reduces depression.
- Counselling has help people overcome loneliness and discuss the things that make them feel low openly. This helps in seeking a solution for that particular cause.
My daughter 2.8 years age often complaints about stomachache; more often before passing stool. What can be the reason and what is the remedy.
My son is 4years old. He is too much silent in nature. He is not play any game like other children. He didn't talk too much. I am worried. please tell me the solution.
My 2 years old daughter is born with single kidney and her Serum Creatinine level is 0.87 ml. Please confirm if it is normal.
My daughter diagnosed with lactose intolerance from 15th day of her birth now I am feeding her isomil formula and doctor gave her lactose enzyme drop to drink her I want to know is this curable and what should I do to help her coz she does loose potty always and many times I want to ask that should I stop breastfeeding and I drink milk should I stop drinking milk?
My baby is one month and 8 days old. He has vomited twice in 4 days at night during feed. I get so scared when the milk comes out of his nose also. What to do when he vomits I literally get chills and do not know what to do while he is vomiting.
My baby had fallen sick. She has 100.3 temperature and severe cough. I gave all medication but she is not able to get rid of it. Please help me what type of medicines I have to give to my baby.
Using tooth picks
The worst habit you could possibly have when you have food lodgement in the mouth is using a tooth pick to get rid of it. We often try and use this as an acceptable habit even socially but few things are grosser than watching people pick out food bits after meals. If you have a cavity get it fixed. We have numerous cases where the toothpicks have either injured the gums and caused a larger infection or even worse broken in the cavity and triggered of even more pain. So stay safe from dental emergencies do not use tooth picks! while it's important to prevent food lodgement in the mouth and keep your mouth clean use things like brushes interdental brushes and floss sticks or dentists to help you do the same without harming you!
Using a hard or medium brush.
The oldest myth we have seen is brushing your teeth with a hard or medium brush. Please terminate this habit right away ensure you switch to a soft brush at the earliest.
We do not need more teeth ruined or worn off due to overzealous brushing. We see cases with the entire left side worn down and sensitive and I can tell the person is a right handed vigorous brusher. The softer the brush the better it bends and cleans between teeth as well. The gums also recede due to repeated trauma from the hard bristles so save your mouth from these constant attacks in the name of cleaning.
Scrubbing your teeth
The same principle applies when you switch from a hard to soft or extra soft brush don't apply so much pressure that the teeth and gums are still braving the injury.
You need to brush gently as though cleaning glass the force being minimum the reach and coverage being maximum!
So scrubbing is a habit we need to stop.
Not brushing at night
One of the best things we can do to avoid the dentist or any dental troubles is brushing at night. When it comes to cleaning your teeth frequency matters more than force. Ensuring you clean every 12 hours makes bacterial attacks that cause decay inactive so whenever we skip brushing at night we may not realise but it's definitely costing us.
The first sign of dental pain and we instinctively choose to ignore it hoping it will go away and if it doesn't we want to go ahead and pop a painkiller till it does. Masking the problem will actually make it bigger -while we all know this we prefer to accept the instant relief the medication provides over the tedious dental visit that may end with bad news. But imagine if we had gone at the very first sign of trouble most likely we would get away with a dental cleaning -the later we go the more often we need to go for extensive treatments.
Let's try and muster the courage to nip these problems in the bud -a habit to develop show up at the very first sign of trouble.
Do it yourself dentistry (diy) at home
We have all been our own dentists at some point!
From self medication to oral applications and home remedies when all else fails we make an appointment.
A few things are harmful and should be used with care when attempting our own dental care.
Also clove oil is a safe remedy but not cloves which can be sharp and hurt your cheek.
Do not try to remove shaking teeth or attempt any procedures the bleeding can be profuse and the damage severe.
In case of trauma ice to freeze the blows and water to clean the wound will work best.
In the age of technology and information let's not fall prey to easily avoidable dental habits that harm you more than they help you.
Write to us or call us at 9209200024 if you have any queries.