Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
My son is 7 years old, on back side of his left leg, there is a light white line from hip to foot. Please suggests reason and remedy for the same, is this due to some deficiency ?
My daughter is 12 yrs. Old and usko bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Bahut se shampoos try kia lekin bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Abhi ketocon try kar raha hu lekin koi fayada nahi ho raha hai. Neem oil aur alpple cidar vinegar bhi use kia lekin koi fyada nahi hua. Usko rota hua dekh ke rona aa jaata hai. Please help.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
I need a prescription for birth control pills. I am a lactating mother to a 10 month old baby girl. I had a ceaserian delivery.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
1. Adequate sleep- Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
2. Allowing them to play- Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
3. Learning to share and care- You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
4. Regular exercise- Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
5. Listen to them- Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
6. Encourage them to make friends- Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
7. Good nourishment- Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
8. Make them feel safe- Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son was given the first dose of rotasure. But the second one on 10 week was not given as rotasure is not available in bangalore. What do I do now? The dose was due on 12th nov.
My son age 17yrs but he using drugs, alcohol, chigaratee and others. How can I de addicted him? please advice me?
Try variety of foods as by this age increasing the variety the appetite/palatability improves.Add ghee generously if tolerated to increase the calorie value of diet.In compare to protein and carbohydrate calorie value of fat is thrice.
Give at least one katori serving at a time of- mashed roti/bread/biscuit mixed in sweetened undiluted milk or mashed roti/rice/bread/dosa mixed with thick dal with added ghee/oil or khichadi with added ghee.Add cooked vegetables in the servings.You can also give dalia/suji ka halwa/kheer prepared in milk or any cereal porridge cooked in milk.You can give mashed boiled potato also.
Give banana,papaya,cheeko,mango to meet the vitamin's requirement.
Give these servings 3 times per day. Feed the baby in your lap with your hands.Don't force.If needed give small amount and increase the frequency of feeds.