Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KumarYour feedback matters!
I am facing a little problem I have red eyes for two days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I have a craze in electronics, specifically robotics. So I use to spend a long time soldering and making circuits. But sometimes I feel very disgusted due to the vapours of lead oxides from soldering. I use to come in contact with a lot of dust too. What all precautions and steps can I take to care my eyes?
I am suffering from headache and eyes pain from last 10 days. I am not able to work. I cannot sleep. And one more thing I am not able to sleep every day.
My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do.
I have no problem in my eyes but I want a sunglass that protect against mobiles and computer lights. please tell me sir name of these type sunglasses?
I have pain in whole body and fever My eyes are red and body is too hot Advice me what to do now please Fast do something.
I am 22 year old working women. I have 3. 5 numbers in both eye but I afraid for operation. So what I should do?
I want to go for LASIK surgery for y eyes. I have myopia. Is it okay to get surgery done at the age of 35.
Hi, I am 20 year old male, my eyes getting irritation while reading and writing long time. What can I do?
Dear sir After take shower my eyes goes red. When I travel and after reached home my eyes goes to red. Or when I am to much tired my eyes also goes to red. Or other time there is no any prob. There was no any prob in reading books. When I goes for test my eyes there was no any problem everything ok. So please suggest me sir is there any problem?
I had my kidney transplant on Jan 2015, as recommended by doctors I am taking post transplant medicine. My left eye's vision is diminishing and doctors were able to diagnose the problem. Please suggest.
Sir my baby is only 13 days and he is suffering eye infection like Watery and sticky from last 8 days. I am using ciplox eye drop immediately one drop two times continue 5 days and after that from last three days I am using ointment one time in a day but still problem same. Sir please advise me what am I do. Please sir.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.