Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KumarYour feedback matters!
I have skin allergy problem on my back. Can I knw how can it be healed? And my eyes are swollen.Please tell.
Hello, I have been using contact lens since 2 years and I have a power of -8, coming to problem. There is a change in position of my eyeball in my right eye and it looks like squint, the wrong thing I have done is I have used an expired lens for few days can any one please tell me the reason for it and also the treatment And I usually ride bike for long times this causes burning in my eyes please suggest me some good eye drops.
Homeopathic eye drops for dry eyes. Irritation in the eyes and feeling that something is lodged in the eyes.
I am suffering frm headache daily. I have gone thru check my eyesight. They gave me spectacle s inspite I am suffering frm headache. I do not know the reason.
I have nasal allergy problem from long time. Symptoms, running nose, irritation, water in eyes, itching in eyes. Ear blocked
I have red eyes for last 1 month. What should I do to get off rid this problem? Please consult me as soon as possible.
My 9 years old son has amblyopia (re6/36 le6/6) & having 6 hrs patch therapy with glasses (+4.25d). Do you have treatment for this?
My eyes is become itchi can you tell the name of eye exercise please to get back my normal eyes Suggest some eye exercise.
I have eye pain What should I do, presently I am using eye drops Symptoms: 1) Sandy or gritty feeling as if some thing is in the eye 2) dragging sensation 3) pulling sensation of eye 4) there is no tears even while cutting onion 5) decreased tolerance of reading working on phone, computer or any activity that requires sustained visual attentions 6) eye burns when using mobile or watching TV.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.