Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samit
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SamitYour feedback matters!
Why my teeth have sensitivity. My age is16. When I eat chocolate. I eat balance diet and I use dabur paste. So what should I do?
I have been saw like stones on under mouth at end of jaw. I am not exactly aware on health terminology and I have been visited a doctor but no results. Simply said by drinking a cold water its has been happened said. But i am not think so please help on this regard.
Hello sir I am 21 years old I have problem, problem is that there is black spots and it is black on my lips so I want to remove this thing but I don't know how to remove and how get rid. I don't have any bad habits like drinking, smoking all bad habits but after that my lips are black and there is dirty spot on my teeth also please help me.
I am 41 years old. On july 4 suddenly last tooth breakdown into half (left side). There is no pain, but doctor say it should be removed and he removed. Does it pose a danger to other tooths. I am a smoker. What is the reason for breaking?
I have proem is my teeth at florida which one is the best toothpaste & toothbrush was helpful to me remove the problem.
I have really bad enamel help! Im 15 nearly 16, I never used to take care of my teeth until I was around 10 because I hated how toothpaste felt in mouth. My enamel is so bad my teeth are constantly yellow and I know I only have myself to blame but its making me quite depressed. I do not ever smile because they are quite i.
My teeth became yellow any things not suit on him and sometimes bleeding And mouth smell was very bad, what I do help me sir.
Hlo doctors namaste. My mother discovered that her below jaw 3 teeth got loosen. So is there any option to fix those teeth. I consulted one dentist she told we have to remove and put some ceramic artificial teeth on that place. Her age is 52+.please suggest. Thank you.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.