Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SalmanYour feedback matters!
Hi I have pain in lower back from last 3 years. An Ortho. From Artemis Hospital Gurgaon told me that there is some problem in L5-L6 disk and I should get it changed. I am not feeling the pain on regular basis. Sometime, it is more than 15 days without any pain. However, there are times when I am unable to get up from the bed without any help. Please suggest what should I do.
My mother has trouble walking, but she refuses to get a walker or cane. I worry about her. How can I convince her to get some sort of walking aid?
Causes and treatment for Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Hello friends, main Dr.(major) Vipin Kakar. I am an ENT surgeon. Aaj main aapko kuch aise tips batauga hearing loss ke baare mein, bachho aur bado mein jo aapke bahut kaam aa sakte hai aur aap uspe amal karke uska faida utha sakte hai. Aajkal hearing loss navjaat shishu, jo ek din ka paida hua bachha, usme bhi pata chal jata hai ke hearing loss hai ya nahi hai. Ab hum hearing loss ki kyun baat kar rahe hai? Kyunki hearing loss ek bahut hi common janam jaat problem hai jo ki 1 lakh mein se 250-400 bachho mein paayi jaati hai.
Agar hum thyroid ki problem ko socho toh wo 1 lakh mein se sirf 40 bachho mein hai, jab ke hearing loss 250-400 bachho mein hai. Toh videsho mein toh koi bhi discharge nahi ho sakta hospital se bina hearing ki jaach karaye. Toh ab hum 1 din ke bachhe ka hearing test karke ye pata laga lete hai ki usko aage treatment ki zarurat hai ya nahi. Ab hume ye jaanna hai ki hum kyun itna jaldi pata lagana chahte hai? Agar treatment hoga utna hi bachhe ko faida hoga. Jo janam se suntan aur bolta nahi hai, wo bachhe ka agar ilaaj der mein karayege toh results bilkul aadhe ho jayege. Aaj ki date mein hearing loss ka ilaaj sambhav hai. Ab hearing loss alag alag cheezon se hota hai toh aap agar apne kisi bachhe mein aapko lagta hai ki hearing loss hai ya wo theek tarah se aawazo pe response nahi de raha hai toh aap kripya karke apne ENT surgeon ke paas jayiye. Hearing loss ki treatment ke liye jis tarah ki bimaari hogi jis wajah se hearing loss hoga use treat kiya jaa sakta hai.
In case, agar usko hearing loss 90% se zada hai jisme hum koi dawai se nahi thik kar sakte toh unke liye aajkal humlog Cochlear implant bhi kar rahe hai. Cochlear implant ke liye ek surgery hai jisme do tarah ki machine lagti hai, ek sir ke andar jo surgery se lagayi jaati hai aur ek machine bahar lagti hai. Bahar wali machine aawaz ko catch karti hai aur andar wali machine ko bhejti hai. Toh kuch saal, therapy ke baad bachha ekdum normal bolne lag jaata hai. Main aapko Cochlear implant ka ek demonstration dena chahta hu. Jo machine andar lagti hai wo toh surgery madhyam se andar lag jayegi lifelong, dusri machine jo bahar lagti hai wo ye ek coin ke jitni hoti hai. Ye coin taqreeban itna bada hota hai aur ye sir mein baalon mein chup jaata hai. Bas itna hi aur ye aawaz catch karke andar wale implant ko bhejta hai aur therapy ke baad aapka bachha, agar aapne timely ilaaj karwaya hai toh woe k normal school mein jaane laayak ho jaata hai.
Kuch bachhe toh itna acha karte hai ke aap pata nahi laga sakte ki unka implant bhi hua hai ya nahi. Lekin har case mein implant nahi ho sakta hai. Kuch hearing loss simple kaan ki machine se bhi thik ho jaate hai aur kuch jinme kaano mein paani bhar jata hai. Toh paani nikaalne se bachha normal sunne lag jata hai. Ab main aapko kuch aisi cheezein videos mein dikhana chaahuga jisse aap dekh kar aapko vishwaas bhi ho jayega ki bachha implant ke baad ek normal school mein jaane laayak ho jata hai aur aapko ye pata lagana bahut hi mushkil hai ke kis bachhe ko implant hua hai aur kaunsa bachha normal hai.
(Another person in a video) Swar clinic mein ek choti si class thi ya conference tha usme bataya gaya ke Bilateral implantation bahar hone shuru ho gaye hai aur agar aap chaahe toh aap apne bachhe ka….aap aayiye, aap suniye ke kya kaha jaa raha hai aur aap decide kijiye. Toh humne wo class attend ki, then and there after the conference, we decided that we will go for this Bilateral Implantation. Aur Bilateral implant 2 saal baad hua, first implant and the second implant, mtlb 4 saal aur 6.5 saal uski age thi jab ye implant hua.
(The kid who got the implant) I thank cochlear implant company and Swar clinic, it is because of the innovation of Cochlear Implant Company and efforts of Swar clinic that I can hear and speak like other children. I am very happy that I am studying in a regular school and talk to my friends comfortably. I am thankful to Dr. Vipin uncle and Dr. Suneeta aunty for their efforts and making me what I am today. I would like to add that I have two implants, with two implants I have no problem in school and I have no fears also. I request all parents to go for Bilateral implant for their children. Thank you.
(Dr. Vipin Kakar in the video again) ab in cheezon ke baad agar aapko apne bachhe mein ya parivaar mein agar aapko koi sunne se related queries hai toh aap Lybrate ke through aap mujhe contact kar sakte hai.
I have d3 deficiency problem and back, legs pain also and feel weakness sometime. Please tell me what should I do?
HI, I am 24 years old. Height - 5 feet 4 inches and Weight 84 kgs Need help to loose weight, I have become very moody and have bad backache as well.
I have a back pain and I did MRI. Report showed bulging of disc in the lower vertebrae. It pains a lot. What should I do get relief.
I am 19years old I have backbone pain since 4 months I use so many Ayurvedic medicals but there is no solution. What should I do.
I have a pan in my knee every day what's the solution of this problem. Please suggest me. I am 30 year's.
Spinal surgery becomes inevitable when back pain cannot be managed with medications and/or exercise. This is a major decision and requires planning for many things before, during, and after the surgery.
Before a spinal surgery- This preparation will help in smooth recovery, especially if you do not have a full-time caretaker.
Discontinue pain killers: Discontinue pain killers at least 10 to 14 days before surgery. These are blood thinners and can prolong bleeding during the surgery.
Prepare for blood loss: Most people experience some blood loss, but not excessive.
Use a toilet seat raiser: Sitting and getting up from the toilet seat may be difficult. The seat raiser is used to increase the height, making this movement easy.
Enable easy access to common items: Before heading for the surgery, keep things which are commonly used within easy reach. This will help reduce movement and avoid searching (especially if someone else is going to be doing it).
Stock it up: Cooking may not be feasible during the initial postop period, and so it is advisable to stock up food items (ready to eats, fruits, soups, etc.) which will come in handy.
Slip-ons: Bending down and tying shoes may not be easy, so slip-ons can be used.
Caregiving: It is always advisable to have someone stay over with you during the initial postop days. They could help with regular household chores, cooking, etc.
Lifestyle changes: Ensure you eat well in the days before surgery, quit smoking, quit/use moderate amounts of alcohol, and exercise as advised by your surgeon.
After Surgery- Post surgery, there will be some pain and limitation of movement. It is important to understand that adherence to post-op instructions will improve the success rate of the surgery.
Postoperative medications: These will be given to control infection and pain in the immediate postop period, and should be taken without fail
Rehab: The surgeon will recommend physical therapy and rehab exercises which need to be followed. Complete recovery may take anywhere between 3 to 12 months. During this time, care should be taken to avoid repeat injury.
Support: Adequate back support should be provided using lumbar support and ergonomic chairs, and the right posture should be maintained. Ensure there is no undue strain on the back muscles.
Weight management: With excess weight, there is too much strain on the lower disks. Therefore, weight should be managed to reduce this strain.
Smoking and alcohol should be completely stopped, as healing can be hampered.
With some preparation, spinal surgery can be sailed through smoothly.
My dad has a problem of legs everyday my dad legs start ache what should I do for my dad please help me sir.
My mother (65yrs) have has lower back problem, i was asked to take an MRI, after seeing the report, i was advised to go for antidiural injection is it safe? Are there any other alternatives which can relieve her from pain.
I am a 53 years old male having high blood pressure from last 25-30 years and also suffering from restless legs syndrome. I am taking medicines - tab. Metosarton 50mg and tab amlong 2. 5mg for hypertension and tab. Premipex 0. 5mg and tab melzap md 0. 5mg for rls, although all my tests are ok. However, I normally feel chest pain many times at different areas of chest. Also, I have undergone ct angio 3 times and it' s been always on negative side. Recently before 5 days, I again felt moderate chest pain with shortness of breathing which was then extended to my left jaw, right jaw and backside of the neck. I immediately went to a cardiologist and he noticed some changes in my ecg but eco was perfectly fine. He then suggested me to get admitted in a hospital. I was admitted in hospital' s icu for a day. After thorough checks, fresh ecg, eco, tmt and troponin-i test, doctor declared that pain was not a cardiac reason. Even after 4 days of discharge from hospital, the chest pain is still persisting multiple times in a day. Request doctor to please advise me on why the pain is persisting continuously and advise on what possibly be a cause behind this pain.
Gout: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic practitioner.
My father Age 58, had neck pain and neurosurgeon suggested for Spine MRI. Impression: Moderate diffuse angular bulge of c4-c5, c5-c6 and c6 -c7 causing anterior thecal sac indentation, narrowing of bilateralneural foarmine and impressing on bilateral exiting nerve roots. spondylitis changes in cervical spine in the form of end plate changes, anterior marginal & uncomfortable osteophytesfrom C3 to C7 levels. Please Advise is it serious?
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.