Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S JayanthYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 60 years old suffering from neck pain for the past one week. Unable to turn my neck either side or up and down. Can I consult any Ortho Doctor or see a Physiotherapist? Kindly help me. Sankaranandam.
I am unmarried 28 years old female, I have suffer the eye itching problem and eye pain. What should I do.
Hello sir, I am suffering from short sightedness. What should I do to avoid increasing my specs number! Please tell me.
I am 19 years old. I am suffer`ng with severe bike ache. I use KTM RC200 bike which has a long reach. I am just just 5'6 so what precautions should I take to avoid back ache.
If we suffer from short sightedness at the power of-1.50 from teenage (13), is there any possibilities of it getting cured as we grow up?
Is LASIK surgery successful? Is there any shortcomings? Since my age is right now 23 and I wear spectacles with -1.75 LE & -. 75 RE. Will there be any prob after 40. His much it bears the cost?
I hav an eye problem. Minus power. -5.5. My visibility is low. What should I do? Can I go for laser surgery? Is it helpful? Can it may create any health problem? I can not attain any central govt exam becoz of my eye problem. please suggest.
I have red eyes for more than 5 days and also I have flu which almost killing me. What should I do now.
At this time I am using spectacles but I want to wear eye lens. Is it good to wear eye lens or any problem with this?
My husband suffers from frequent heat strokes symptoms like breathlessness palpation burning sensation in feet and eyes. How to reduce this problem. He also suffers from seasonal allergic brontics.
I am suffering from continiuos headache from last wednesday. What should I do to reduce my pain? I am also suggering from eye redness. Please give me opinion.
I am suffering from eye infection, this has been from last two months, I even consulted a doctor he gave some medicine, eye drops, ointment etc. But infection still resides. When I am not using this stuff infection comes back.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.