Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Runa Acharya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Runa AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I am doing sex with my wife and doing all tries for pregnancy but I doubt whether my sperm is reaching inside till her tubes or not how do I know that my sperm has gone inside?
It has been over six months since I got married but still the act of sex doesn't feel complete and I lack stamina for continuing it long. Please suggest suitable foreplay techniques for a successful and complete experience. We are planning for a baby and in need of advice in this regard. Kindly help.
Orthopaedic stem cell treatment is an advanced branch of medicine, which can only be performed by a handful of physicians across the planet. If you are considering the surgery and the treatment, you should first know the important factors that can have an impact on the same.
Outlined below are 5 things you should know about the treatment before you schedule the surgery.
- Source of the stem cell: The source from which the stem cells have been extracted play a huge part in determining how successful the surgery would be. In case of orthopaedic stem cell treatment, the best place to extract the cells from is the bone marrow. However, in some cases, these cells may be taken from fatty regions of the body and not the bone marrow. This will eventually have an impact on the outcome of the surgery. Bone marrow cells are much more proficient at repairing damages of the bones than stem cells from any other source.
- The technique for extracting stem cells: A procedure called the bone marrow aspiration or BMA is used to harvest the stem cells from the bone marrow. However, there is a correct way of doing it and a not so correct way of doing it. For instance, the stem cells need to be harvested using special needles and from several high density spots inside the bone.
- Placing the stem cells in the right spot: Just extracting the stem cell properly is not enough. It also needs to be injected at the right place through the correct procedure. The surgeon will use advanced machineries to conduct the surgery, which are essential for the success of the treatment. These could include the use of c-arm fluoroscope, other one is called the ultrasound or may be even an arthroscope.
- The correct dosage: This is a gray area, as knowledge needs to be further refined about the precise dosage required for the treatment. Specialised instruments and digital centrifugation systems help in acquiring and concentrating the necessary amounts of stem cells for the procedure.
- Understanding that the treatment works: Since stem cell treatment of any kind is a fairly new concept, most people feel that it may not work as advertised. However, if you go to a reliable facility where such surgeries are performed, you will get to know that not only does the treatment work but there have been several patients whose quality of life has improved greatly. Joint preservation surgery is the field which specialises in management of various conditions by these procedures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breast Feeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
It may appear counterintuitive, but including a little bit of sweets in your meal could help you stop gaining unhealthy weight new research suggests. Eating sweet food causes the brain to form a memory of a meal and this memory can help you better control eating habits, the researchers explained.
Neurons in the dorsa hippocampus, the part of the brain that is critical for episodic memory are activated by consuming sweets. Episodic memory is the autobiographical events experienced at a particular time and place.