Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roy VargisYour feedback matters!
My stomach feels bloated all the time. Even though I drink a lot of water. Avoid junk food as much as possible. Eat home made vegetarian food including veggies and fruits. Avoid sugar alot. Do lil bit of exercise in my home. But I have constantly gaining weight and feeling bloated. I have faced gastric and acidic problems since birth.
My name is funsi I have constipation problem I tried some medicine please suggest me some more effective medicines.
Is it recommended? Ripen mangoes by using carbide or other chemicals? And how to recognize which fruit is ripe without using any chemical? Will be there any chemical tests?
In morning first I eat apple and than in 7 o'clock breakfast I take almonds and 8 o'clock eat some food and then I go office so 11 can I take food or not or tea or coffee.
I had sex with an accepted girl using condom saturday evening nw I have body pain and cold tell me sir am I in at risk. is it sign of Hiv.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
How much masturbation affects our body. What are its benefits of it, if any and how much losses in the body happens after this. And how we can recover the losses happened during this?
I have red eyes for three days and severe headache also. What is the cure of it and how it can be avoided?
I have a back pain and nose blocking from last one year tried many medicine but nothing is change now my pain' s a lot then before please do give me some options or medicine something by the pain will stop
I am 24 years female and I am suffering from gastric. I have taken every possible medical treatment but did not get over with the problem. Along with this I also have constipation promblem. I would be really thankful to you if you give me some suggestions.
My head is giving me pain from yesterday. What will I have to do and which medics I will buy for take?
I have problem of varicose vein in my legs since 8 years I was on allopathic treatment for 2 years Then homeopathic for 5 years.
The pervasiveness of such a serious disorder can be attributed to its growing significance. In the past few decades there has been extensive research in the field of medical science to analyze and control the causes and symptoms of diabetes. This health condition, if unchecked, can lead one to life threatening disorder.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where a human body fails to produce the required amount of insulin. Insulin is the hormone that carries glucose to your cells. Insulin accelerates a chemical process that signals cells to receive glucose from the blood. Blood derives glucose by breaking down the food you eat; exercise is considered as an inevitable part of daily life as it helps in deriving energy from food by turning it into glucose and a host of other nutrients. A lack of insulin production leads to an accumulation of sugar in your bloodstream thus making you diabetic. Patients of diabetes suffer from upsetting symptoms. In many cases diabetes is so acute that insulin needs to be injected into a patient's body on a regular basis. Timely diagnosis and reliable medical guidance is important for patients of diabetes.
Prevent yourself from these causes:
- Genetics could lead to diabetes. If there has been a family history you should be more cautious.
- The kind of food you eat has a severe impact on your health. Irregular food habits, frequent consumption of junk food increases the chance of insulin resistance and diabetes. Hence, medical practitioners advice healthy eating habits as a preventive health measure.
- Children these days tend to become couch potatoes as they spend a lot of time watching television. Lack of exercise and subsequent obesity could also trigger diabetes in children and adults.
You may experience the following symptoms
- Low insulin production or complete lack of insulin can result in drastic weight loss.
- You can feel exhausted from moderate exertion.
- You may face vision disorders. Poor eyesight and blurry vision are some of the common symptoms.
- Patients suffering from diabetes have the urge to urinate frequently.
- Patients suffering from diabetes experience excessive thirst
- Sometimes, diabetes patients excessively loose weight
- Small wounds and cuts in diabetes patients take more time to heal