Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohini
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RohiniYour feedback matters!
Having pain in left shoulder. At a point near neck. Specially when I drive bike in cold or I do lot of work. Why it is happening and how to get rid of this. Is this is cervical or what.
I have a premature ejaculation problem. I discharge within first 1-2 minutes Please let me know how can I increase this time.
When I doing sex then I loos my sperm recently at least 2-4 minutes. And after sex I have during pain and swelling on my penis.
Klinefelter's syndrome is a medical condition in which a boy is born with an extra copy of the 'X' chromosome. Klinefelter's syndrome has an adverse effect on testicular growth and results in the formation of smaller than normal testicles. This affects the production of the sex hormone testosterone. It can also cause lower retention of muscle mass, facial or body hair and enlarged breast tissues. It is difficult for people who are diagnosed with Klinefelter's syndrome to father children because they produce little to no sperm and often has to resort to take help from assisted reproductive procedures to procreate.
Generally Klinefelter's syndrome is not diagnosed before adulthood because of the fact that there are few noticeable symptoms which might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome during infancy, childhood or adolescence period.
The few characteristics which might indicate the condition are listed below:
1. Development of weak muscles.
2. Taking above average time to develop basic motor skills.
3. Delaying in speaking.
4. The testicles haven't descended into the scrotum.
Boys and teenagers develop the following characteristics:
1. They tend to have longer leg and broader hips than their peers.
2. Onset of puberty is delayed or in some cases absent or incomplete.
3. After puberty, less muscular bodies and less facial and body hair compared with other teens
4. Smaller than average size of penis.
2. In some severe cases, there is the occurrence of more than one extra 'X' chromosome in each cell.
3. This is not inherited or a genetic condition. This occurs due to a random error during the formation of the egg , the sperm or post conception.
Diagnoses and Treatment:
1. Chromosome analysis and hormone testing are the two main ways to diagnose this condition.
2. Abnormal hormone levels present in blood and urine, might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome.
Early diagnosis and medication minimizes the effects of Klinefelter's syndrome. These include:
1. Testosterone replacement therapy. In treatment, testosterone is injected at regular intervals from the onset of puberty to ensure normal growth.
2. Patients also need educational support as well as speech therapy to overcome any barriers the patient is experiencing.
3. Removal of excess breast tissue and fertility treatment.
4. With the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection, it is possible for patients with low sperm production to father children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am suffering for ringworm infections at my buttocks. I am using nizral antifungal cream for that. At time of using it is slowly decreases. If I did masturbation it will slowly rise at the same place. I dont know why it is increases after did masturbation. I dont know what is the link between masturbation and ringworm. I hope to you understand my problem. Kindly please help me doctor.
Hello Doctor, I would like to ask you about my back bone tail. Actually I feel like my bone tail is itching me whenever I sit for long time. And sometimes it get harder to when I sit at the same position for long time. My age is 21 and is it normal to have back bone tail little bit more? Do you have any solution to decrease my back bone tail or any exercise for that? My back bone tail doesn't hurts me but sometimes I don't feel comfortable to sit on the floor or on the flat surface because my back bone tail touches on the flat surface/floor. Give me some advice to make me feel comfortable and better.
My mom is 45 years old suffering from Diabetes mellitus from 8 yrs. Her blood sugar levels were hardly less than 200 (pp) .she also has sometimes high BP. Now from recent times she controlled her sugar levels upto 100 (pp. But now I think due to sudden decrease in her blood sugar levels she is feeling sleepy; anxiety;energy less; and feels like heat is evolving from her body fever like. please help me with it
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the condition when a woman's sex hormone levels get imbalanced. This can cause women to have irregular periods and may also have an impact on their fertility. Women suffering from PCOS also tend to grow small cysts in their ovaries which can also lead to severe health problems like diabetes and heart disease, if left untreated.
What causes PCOS?
The exact cause of PCOS is not known. However, the condition may be triggered by hormonal imbalances and genetic factors. Women are more susceptible to developing this condition if their mother or a female family member also has the condition. Excessive production of androgen, which is a male sex hormone, may also lead to this condition. Women suffering from PCOS tend to have high levels of androgen. The formation of eggs and their release during ovulation can be delayed by high levels of androgen. High androgen levels may result from excess insulin present in the blood. Poor lifestyle and irregular eating habits contribute to obesity which intern leads to increased insulin resistance and hence delayed ovulation and irregular cycles leading to infertility.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
The type of symptom in case of PCOS varies from person to person. Since PCOS is characterized by low levels of sex hormones, this condition may lead to symptoms such as:
- Excessive hair growth on stomach, face, chest, toes and thumbs
- The breast size starts to shrink
- There is a change in voice, making it deeper
- There is excessive loss of hair from your scalp
- Sometimes the face is filled with acne and the skin turns oily
- There are fertility problems like having trouble in ovulating or recurring miscarriages
- Frequent depression or mood swings
- Facing breathings problems while sleeping
On examination, findings in women with PCOS may include the following:
- Virilizing signs
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Enlarged ovaries: May or may not be present; evaluate for an ovarian mass
Lifestyle modifications are considered first-line treatment for women with PCOS. Such changes include the following:
Pharmacologic treatments are reserved for so-called metabolic derangements, such as anovulation, hirsutism, and menstrual irregularities. First-line medical therapy usually consists of an oral contraceptive to induce regular menses.
If symptoms such as hirsutism are not sufficiently alleviated, an androgen-blocking agent may be added. First-line treatment for ovulation induction when fertility is desired are letrozole or clomiphene citrate. [2, 3, 5]
Surgical management of PCOS is aimed mainly at restoring ovulation. Various laparoscopic methods include the following:
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!