Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Shanker ReddyYour feedback matters!
Sir , I am suffering from fungal infection on leg. And usin quadriderm oint. And itrs getting better but some portion of skin still remain dark . Please suggest sir what to use to match my skin tone?
Hi Doctor, From past 3-4 days, I am getting a tingling sensation on my right lower abdomen. There no such pain or severity, please advise what could be the reason for this.
I am sexually addicted. But I want to overcome with this. Is their any solution to overcome with it?
Is bedsore curable or not? How can it be cured? Can a patient survive after being attacked by bedsore?
M 29 years female. I had unprotected sex while periods and then within next 24 hrs I had taken ipill. But after completing my periods of on 3rd or 4th day there are symptoms of bleeding again. But I also had pregnancy check with prega news it showed negative now please let me know if I have to again check for pregnancy or should I wait n if there are any chances of pregnancy.
Sir I am suffering from fever for last night and also pain in my feet, hand or head. Please advise me?
My mother is suffering from Payeria problem since 1 year. She used to take the extracts of Guava Leaf for this problem. But then also she is not getting any relief. She is also suffering from Thyroid problems and having low blood pressure. She is taking thyronorm 50mg and Folvite Tablets 5mg. Please guide me how to prevent from these. She is 45 years old. Hoping for your kind and immediate response.
Dear sir/ ma'am My penis Is curved upside so I need to make my penis straight so please advise me for the same and my penis size is 5 inches is it okay? Please describe me effect and side effect of orgy oil and it's benefits Please do reply.
Today blood coming in my stool (Potty) this happen also previous time around one month before. It is serious please tell me.
I am 15 years old I am having cold since two days I am feeling thirsty and frequent urination pls tell me what should I do.
Sir, I am 64 years old a male. I am a diabetic for the last 15 years with fasting 150 and pp 250 and taking pills regularly. I have never controlled diet much. After a long time my sugar level is normal by changing medicines Amaryl 1 mg, Zitamet plus 20/1000, Piopod mf15 and Rozucor 5g but I have noticed that my sexual interest has totally gone. My question is it due to the side effect of the medicine or something else. Thank you sir.
Dear Doctors I had sex with 3 virgnal girls without using condom nd had sex with 2 other girls which had sex before me but I use condom when I had sex with 2 of them please tell me that this is possible that HIV virus created in me or not?
Hi, I am 28 years old. Unmarried. I am regularly drinking lemon water and eating with rice. 3/4 minimum daily .is it harmful for sex life. Thank you.
Hello, my Liver is Fatty of 2nd stage. My weight is 95kg and my height is 5.8" I want to know what precautions should I take to cure my liver ? Thanks.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
Symptoms of diabetes
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.