Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Treatment of Body Ache
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Tennis Elbow
Treatment of Rheumatic Arthritis
Treatment of Paralysis
Weight Loss Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramya.MYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a bad case of eye infection. I consulted Dr Ramya M and never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. The overall atmosphere in the Travancore Ayurveda is very soothing. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. By chance, I approached her for second opinion and thank god, i did because, she treated me very patiently. Her prescription helped me immensly.
I have had this hair loss from quite some time. Finally with Dr Ramya M's treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Travancore Ayurveda. Many people gave very positive feedback for Dr Ramya.M. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. Ramya.M doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
Dr Ramya.M is really like god send person. He with great ease handled my hairfall case with ease. The hair fall was increasing day by day. The atmosphere in the Travancore Ayurveda is always so positive and full of life. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Ramya.M guided me to change my attitude. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Ramya.M perfect advice.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ramya.M to be very helpful. Mam i don't have any decease my problem is that i have to go at work in early morning so i cannot consume food so early so i take a tea and is it good for health then i lunch at 11:00?
Sashwat Kumar Padhy
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ramya.M to be caring, sensible and practical. Thanks for your answer madam.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ramya.M to be very helpful. Thanx a lot doctor...4 ur advice!!
Dr. Ramya.M provides answers that are very helpful. thnx a lot
Dr. Ramya.M provides answers that are knowledgeable. i try it
Dr. Ramya.M provides answers that are very helpful. Helpfull
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
That delicious grilled chicken in your oven is incomplete without a touch of rosemary in its marination and garnish. Rosemary, one of the most common herbs from the Mediterranean region is famous all over the world for its flavour and taste. It is seen to be complementing every meal that you make. However, there is more to Rosemary than just adding flavour to a dish. It not only adds flavours but also has immense nutritional values. Some of these are explained in details below.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Rosemary has the three-fold health benefits of being an antioxidant, anti – inflammatory agent and anti-carcinogenic. This means that it helps in fighting diseases caused by bacteria and viruses and helps in boosting the immune system. Furthermore, it can be consumed as one of the preventive substances for cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties.
- De-stresses an Individual: If you suffer from anxiety disorders or stress disorders, then the aroma of Rosemary itself can act as a stimulator and calm your senses. Rosemary is seen to be a great stress buster. In this age of stress and tension, at times it is necessary to destress yourself and rosemary helps you in doing so. In fact, even in aromatherapy, some of the essential oils have rosemary as an important compound.
- Freshens breath: Rosemary acts as an antibacterial agent. It gives you fresh breath for a long time. All you need to do is soak rosemary stems in warm water and gargle with that water. It would help in destroying all unwanted bacteria inside your mouth and keep you orally fresh for a long time.
- Detoxification of the body: Rosemary has been detected to be diuretic in nature. This would mean that it helps in faster flushing out of toxins and wastes from the body. Furthermore, it has been seen that rosemary helps in the healing of the liver, which is one of the slowest organs to heal.
- Healthy Skin: Rosemary oil has been used as one of the few essential oils used to rejuvenate the skin. But off late, even the leaves are being crushed and made into a paste and used on the skin. This helps in healing any scars or blemishes that the skin might possess. Rosemary is also known for its hydrating properties.
Thus, these are some of the most important benefits of consuming rosemary on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint in the body functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.
Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. When four or more joints are involved, the arthritis is referred to as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, it is referred to as oligoarthritis. When only a single joint is involved, it is referred to as monoarthritis.
Cause of arthritis
It is difficult to narrow down a single cause for it, but a combination of reasons may trigger this disease.
- Injury: A hurtful injury can cause your joint to get inflamed and may also damage the tissue around it leading to arthritis.
- Heredity factors: In many cases, the genetic make-up of an individual can also cause this.
- Diet and nutrition: Sometimes, consuming the wrong diet can cause your joint to either fall weak or affect the tissue around it. For example, sugar-rich foods are not good for your joints
- Less cartilage: Cartilage is a firm but flexible connective tissue in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue cause some forms of arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis
Most common signs on the onset of this disease are stiffness, redness of the skin around a joint, pain due to inflammation, it might also affect your immune system causing a loss appetite if the disease is because of your immune system.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda can work wonders for this disease since a right combination of nourishing herbs and stable yoga postures improve your joint health for a longer time. Since the treatment is totally organic, the calcium absorption of your body is increased naturally without any side effects. Even Ayurvedic oils work well for joint pain and give you quick relief. If you have been to able to find the right treatment then Ayurveda is for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Yauvan pidika or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne. According to ayurveda, kapha, pitta, rakta and meda or fat dhathu are responsible for producing acne.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root. Herbs like Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and Kushta (Saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Chandana (Santalum album) are also effective in treating acne. The application of Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) and Khas-Khas (Vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.
The following are some of the ayurvedic remedies for treating acne:
- To reduce the growth of pimple, rub powder of jamun (Syzygium cumini) seed and apply it on the pimple.
- The peel of orange has medicinal properties that can be used effectively in the treatment of pimple. Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water; apply it on your face on a regular basis. It is an effective remedy that cures acne and improves the skin tone.
- To achieve an immediate result, apply a paste of lodhra (symplocos crateigodies), vach (acorus calamus) and dhania (coriander). Improvement will be noticed within 7 days.
- A paste of red chandan (red sandalwood) and jaiphal (nutmeg) are also effective in reducing the appearance of acne and pimples.
- Apply a paste of masoor dal (red lentils) with milk, ghee and camphor on your face. It reduces the appearance of acne and clears the scars which are left behind.
- Prepare a paste of lemon, kalaunji (seeds of fennel flower) and milk. Apply it on your face on a regular basis before going to bed. Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. This remedy ensures speedy disappearance of acne.
- Make a mixture of nimbu (lemon), extracts of tulsi (basil) and black kasundi (coffee pods), dry it in sun and apply the mixture on face. It is a powerful remedy that is known to cure the problem of acne.
Besides these home remedies, a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will also enable you to reduce the risk of recurrent acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.