Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my head o please give me instruction about your advice so I expect that your adive should be correct advice about.
Diabetes mellitus is a serious medical condition in which your body does not produce enough insulin, the hormone that breaks-down sugar, or is not able to use it properly. So, what happens is that your blood sugar levels shoot up damaging your kidneys, heart, brain, nerves, eyes, and blood vessels. It is diagnosed through a blood test after you have fasted overnight.
Type 1 diabetes is different from type 2 diabetes. Type 1 is predominantly a genetic disorder and is found in even babies but type 2 diabetes is the one we develop as adults mostly because of our eating habits, lifestyle and diet.
If you have diabetes, your doctor will counsel you about making serious changes to your diet to reduce your risk of developing complications. Your doctor will also mandate losing 5-10 percent of your body weight if you are overweight and exercising more to get rid of blood sugar by burning it.
Portion size control for diabetics
- Portion control which essentially means how much you eat at every meal—is key in helping you manage type 2 diabetes.
- Portion control also reduces your calorie intake and leads to weight loss which in turn improves your body’s insulin sensitivity and leads to manageable blood glucose levels.
- Truth be told, if you have type 2 diabetes, you need to lose weight even if you are not obese. Carrying even a slight bit of extra weight can increase insulin resistance which means that your body can no longer properly use insulin.
This is why portion control is critical to managing diabetes. So downsize your portions and get rid of carbs, especially the processed carbs like pasta, cookies, dessert and sodas, to stay healthy.
What goes on your plate?
According to the American Diabetes Association, your plate at each meal must have lots of non-starchy vegetables and smaller portions of starchy foods like potatoes. Proteins and fats especially the healthy fats are good for you as they don’t trigger insulin.
Here are some tips for portion control at mealtimes
- Draw an imaginary line in the centre of your plate.
- Divide one side of your plate yet again so your plate is split into 3 sections.
- Half of your plate should be filled with non-starchy vegetables like carrots or cauliflower.
- One fourth of your plate should be filled with protein or lean meat like egg, turkey or tuna.
- The other one-fourth of your plate should be filled with a good carb like whole grain bread.
- This method can be followed for breakfast as well.
For the first meal of the day, eat small portions of healthy foods like a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for protein. Following these portion control basic guidelines will lead to guaranteed results in your weight as well as your blood glucose levels. But you need to be patient. It takes about 3 months for the results to start showing so keep up the hard work for your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My friend is 19 n masturbate a lot since 2 to 3 years nowadays sometimes he fell his penis is not getting that hard and dosent even lasts long he fells weak all the time. And does masturbating affects skin.
Penis becoming soft before sex so not able to do intercourse and penis becoming small during sex, also sperm is coming out fast. Please help I am 24 years old.
I had tinea before a days, after this my doctor told me that I got a floxocins, they give me a levoflox tab, is this tablet useful?
Spending a day out at the beach or going up on a hike is something most people love to do. What they, however, do not want is the after effects of being out in the sun the sunburn. While sunscreen lotions do help to a large extent, being in the sea can wash off the sunscreen, leaving the skin exposed to the imminent damage. Also, the effect of most sunscreens (know more about sunscreen) wears off with time, thereby, invariably producing some damage to the skin. However, there are simple ways to reduce the damage and in some cases even reverse the damage done by the sunburn.
Listed below simple ways with which you can treat a sunburn:
- The minute you realize sunburn has set in, reduce further damage by getting out of the sun.
- If you were out in the beach, rinse off with regular water as early as possible to clear the chlorine and sand and salt water. The salt water irritates the skin and aggravate the damage further.
- Take a pain-killer which will reduce the inflammation and control the overall effect of swelling and pain. This can also help the mild headache (learn more about headache problem) that can develop because of being out in the sun.
- The sun dries the skin and therefore, make sure you make an extra effort and moisturize your skin. Use creams that contain aloe vera, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. Keeping them in the fridge for a while produces an extra-refreshing effect.
- Make a compress containing egg white or green tea and skimmed milk. The green tea will reduce inflammation and the egg white will supply the necessary proteins for the skin to recover.
- Not just the skin, the sunburn also leaves you dehydrated overall. Ensure the water intake is increased and consume water rich food like watermelon, grapes, and cucumber.
- If there are sun blisters as a result of the sunburn, do not touch them. Peeling them can produce scars, which can be permanent.
- On spots that are painful after the sunburn, slices of potatoes or cucumber can be used to rub the area. This will produce a cooling effect and also reduce swelling.
- Vinegar contains acetic acid and reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation that happens subsequent to a sunburn. Towel soaked in vinegar can be used to wipe the area or vinegar can be added to the water for a bath.
- Mint is another wonderful agent to manage sunburn. Include it in tea or add peppermint oil to lukewarm water for that healing drink.
These are some tips to treat a sunburn and reduce the damage (sometimes permanent) that can happen as a result.