Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am suffering with fever and cold and head pain and motions and stomach pain please give me one solution, thank you.
I am 18 years old. Whenever I walk it seems that something is pinching in my knee. It causes pain. I have used several ointments but got no relief. Please help me suggesting some aids.
My 13 yrs daughter had first periods on 4th dec. 2014. The periods last for more than 5 days i. E. 8-10 days. The time gap between period is less than normal. It is decreasing. Last time the gap between end of previous periods and start of next period was only 6 days. The periods lasted for around 10-11 days and next time for 5 days. Other complications are - loss of appetite, weight reduce, tiredness and lethargy, irritation etc. Two doctors did not recommended treatment while another doctor has prescribed 21 days medicine course and calcuim syrup. My question is whether the advice of the last doctor is ok. Your advice please.
I want to lose my weight. My height ia 5 foot 5 inch nd weight is around 80 kg. So kindly suggest me a way to reduce weight.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!